Forum › Sentimental Dust discussion

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

idk i can understand why hiichan is all about the teacher right now. for the first time in her life she's found someone who has told her her feelings aren't wrong. and she's gotten really excited about that. i personally think she might be confusing that for love but that's just me. even the target of her affections had rejected her, though it was never said out right i don't think. but seriously, ayu totally brought this on herself. she really think her friend was going to just stay single her whole life if she couldn't be together with the first person she crushed on? give me a break lol.

Yoo
joined Jan 11, 2015

idk i can understand why hiichan is all about the teacher right now. for the first time in her life she's found someone who has told her her feelings aren't wrong. and she's gotten really excited about that. i personally think she might be confusing that for love but that's just me. even the target of her affections had rejected her, though it was never said out right i don't think. but seriously, ayu totally brought this on herself. she really think her friend was going to just stay single her whole life if she couldn't be together with the first person she crushed on? give me a break lol.

These type of people annoy be to no degree. Maybe if she was less so spoiled and angry I would have more sympathy. If you have all these angtsy feelings, get mad and cry in your room but let the poor other girl try to be happy for godsake.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

These type of people annoy be to no degree. Maybe if she was less so spoiled and angry I would have more sympathy. If you have all these angtsy feelings, get mad and cry in your room but let the poor other girl try to be happy for godsake.

Yeah. I think right now we're supposed to dislike Ayu for what she's done to Hii but I have a feeling by the end of this we'll have forgiven her and see things as a complete role reversal where Ayu is now endlessly chasing after a friend who refuses to confront her.

I can also conceivably see this as not as much of a love triangle as we expect and Hii actually isn't doing any thing with the music teacher, and she just wants to make sure this isn't Ayu being clingy and selfish but rather actually invested in a romantic relationship.

At some point we often need a wake up call to figure out exactly what our feelings are, and I think Ayu will soon receive hers. So I don't think we should hate her too much...they did just start high school after all. It's not like she was hoarding Hii without reciprocation into their adulthood.

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

cute art, agonizing story
Ugh yea and love your sharkie icon image

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Yeah. I think right now we're supposed to dislike Ayu for what she's done to Hii but I have a feeling by the end of this we'll have forgiven her and see things as a complete role reversal where Ayu is now endlessly chasing after a friend who refuses to confront her.

I can also conceivably see this as not as much of a love triangle as we expect and Hii actually isn't doing any thing with the music teacher, and she just wants to make sure this isn't Ayu being clingy and selfish but rather actually invested in a romantic relationship.

At some point we often need a wake up call to figure out exactly what our feelings are, and I think Ayu will soon receive hers. So I don't think we should hate her too much...they did just start high school after all. It's not like she was hoarding Hii without reciprocation into their adulthood.

Aye mine awoke but it was already too late for me. Like the sensei says to Hii-chan your still young. Just find another victim err....=P

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

For a moment I had the impression to see Yui_7 drawing style...is it only me?
Well, as far as the story is concerned...that's just what happen when nobody is brave enough to put words on their emotions and communicate them.

Damn I like this statement and so daammmnn true

joined Jul 28, 2014

Its like that one shot, Your Fault by kuzushiro

joined Oct 3, 2014

Sentimental dust is sentimental (┳Д┳)

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

My god, so much angst already from the first chapter. I won't be able to handle this. =_=

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, noooo >_<" love triangle this is why.... sigh damn it... T_T Hisako... idk if she totally got captivated by ze teacher or just hangin' with her cuz she knows but she refused Ayu.... if it's the first one....i gotta say that was quick :| still I'm totally rooting for Ayu and Hisako... DON'T LET ME DOWN!

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

Oh boy, I can already see two endings to this manga; bittersweet or total downer. Pick your poison folks, this will not end pretty.

joined Sep 17, 2014

I hope this has a happy ending. But i'm going to prepare myself for a sad ending anyway

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I really hate Ayu, the kind of bitch that neither eats nor allows others to eat. Or more like... she didn't know what she had until she lost it, I just hate her!!!!

This is really harshly put and doesn't show a lot of understanding of the situation. Maybe Ayu did bring it upon herself but she's a teenage girl who just entered high school. You can't honestly expect her to be able to sort through her feelings easily in this sort of case. Even at the end of this first chapter she doesn't seem to realize exactly how she feels about Hitsuji other than that she's a good friend who she doesn't want to lose. Which is exactly the reason she shot Hitsuji down in the first place. All of this stuff happening is going to end up forcing her to very carefully consider her relationship with Hitsuji and whether she really just wants to be friends or if she feels the same about Hitsuji as Hitsuji did about her. (And if that is the case whether Hitsuji still feels the same or not.)

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

I really hate Ayu, the kind of bitch that neither eats nor allows others to eat. Or more like... she didn't know what she had until she lost it, I just hate her!!!!

This is really harshly put and doesn't show a lot of understanding of the situation. Maybe Ayu did bring it upon herself but she's a teenage girl who just entered high school. You can't honestly expect her to be able to sort through her feelings easily in this sort of case. Even at the end of this first chapter she doesn't seem to realize exactly how she feels about Hitsuji other than that she's a good friend who she doesn't want to lose. Which is exactly the reason she shot Hitsuji down in the first place. All of this stuff happening is going to end up forcing her to very carefully consider her relationship with Hitsuji and whether she really just wants to be friends or if she feels the same about Hitsuji as Hitsuji did about her. (And if that is the case whether Hitsuji still feels the same or not.)

Agreed! To a typical 14-year-old girl, even love is new and all, let alone same sex love.
I´m not very fond of student teacher love, IMO there's supposed to be some kind of distance between student and teacher lol so the 2 parties can do their job properly. It's just my opinion so yeah...
And I'm all for childhood friends love since a don't have a childhood friend lol
So I really hope Ayu can man up and chase after Hitsuji lol

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 12:10AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Agreed! To a typical 14-year-old girl, even love is new and all, let alone same sex love.
I´m not very fond of student teacher love, IMO there's supposed to be some kind of distance between student and teacher lol so the 2 parties can do their job properly. It's just my opinion so yeah...
And I'm all for childhood friends love since a don't have a childhood friend lol
So I really hope Ayu can man up and chase after Hitsuji lol

+1 to both above.

As for the student teacher, there are some cases where the relationship works out beautifully. For the most part I do agree that attempting to kindle a romance in that situation is not appropriate...but if the romance sparks itself without any forced catalyst (e.g. Dear My Teacher) then there's not much issue if one knows how to be a teacher/student in one situation, and a lover in another.

In any case it will be a huge mistake on Hii's part if she tries to kindle any sort of romance with this teacher.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

I bet they'll reconcile in the end but Hitsuji will continue to date the teacher anyway and Ayu will just learn from her mistake or something like that.

thats the boring ending i dont want to happen

joined Jul 26, 2014

I bet they'll reconcile in the end but Hitsuji will continue to date the teacher anyway and Ayu will just learn from her mistake or something like that.

thats the boring ending i dont want to happen

Agreed im hoping to see Hii and the teacher fucking on a desk (preferably Ayu's) while Ayu herself is watching from behind and crying.

joined Mar 25, 2013

In any case it will be a huge mistake on Hii's part if she tries to kindle any sort of romance with this teacher.

I think it's too late about that. If we're going from the colored pages which are probably a bit in the future, Ayu sees Hii and the teacher kissing.

I also understand that it's somewhat Ayu's fault for not confessing her feelings, but can you really blame a girl that's 14-15 years old about having feelings for another girl? Yeah it's irritating that she hasn't acted on her feelings, but to suddenly be forbidden to touch a friend, Hii is kind of saying 'You had your chance, deal with it.' and she's not confronting her feelings either, instead of choosing to cling to a person who showed her a little bit of kindness and that can be pretty emotionally damaging. So it's both their faults, although it's obvious who will be more hurt in the end.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 5:00AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

And it would be even more difficult for her to work through if her environment or culture is generally not accepting of homosexual relationships as well.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 5:20AM

Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

This - this is great!
I don't know why, i have a feeling that i can't hate the teacher even if in the later chapter she will be the .. what? Heroine's rival?

Barf%202
joined Apr 2, 2013

Holy shit.
What a fucking cunt that Hii-chan is.
Breaking her best friends heart for months, maybe even years, and when she finally gets the chance to be happy, Hii get's jealous and does shit.

Fuck that girl.

8101_kanna_heart
joined Apr 7, 2013

Damn you first chapter feels.

Cat9
joined Dec 30, 2014

......Oh shit............................................................................................................................................................................

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I also understand that it's somewhat Ayu's fault for not confessing her feelings, but can you really blame a girl that's 14-15 years old about having feelings for another girl? Yeah it's irritating that she hasn't acted on her feelings, but to suddenly be forbidden to touch a friend, Hii is kind of saying 'You had your chance, deal with it.' and she's not confronting her feelings either, instead of choosing to cling to a person who showed her a little bit of kindness and that can be pretty emotionally damaging. So it's both their faults, although it's obvious who will be more hurt in the end.

The problem is not that she didn't confess her feeling but that she just completely ignored her friend confession (I think that kiss can count as a confession) and just acted as if nothing happened while putting distance between them (I don't think i'm wrong saying it's a rejection). And then when the friend start to show affection to another person she start being touchy feely with her trying to tempt her.
We don't even know if she loves her friend, to me she just seems overly possessive.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 1:52PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

The problem is not that she didn't confess her feeling but that she just completely ignored her friend confession (I think that kiss can count as a confession) and just acted as if nothing happened while putting distance between them (I don't think i'm wrong saying it's a rejection). And then when the friend start to show affection to another person she start being touchy feely with her trying to tempt her.
We don't even know if she loves her friend, to me she just seems overly possessive.

Huh, I completely forgot about that kiss. Oh well. I only hope that Hii doesn't try to get a reaction from Ayu by getting with the teacher. She seems genuinely interested in her, but you can't just switch off your feelings for a person. When she tells her that they shouldn't do things like that anymore it looks like it pains her to say it, but what will happen if someone to tell their feelings to Ayu and she overhears it? Then it's going to be another kind of mess that can make people make mistakes. If we're going by the cover Hii may be trying to have two relationships. Or she's going to be the one who pretends that she doesn't know about Ayu's feelings. If it comes to that point I'm just not going to read it. I don't even know if I should continue past the first chapter just because of how common I find multi-chaptered Yuri stories use for plot.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 3:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.