Forum › Mix discussion

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Makiko from "Looking at You Turns Me On" and Moe from "Mix" are cousins.
Moe's sister shows up at "Irrational Us"

Is this the first time Takemiya Jin set a shared universe for different titles?

last edited at Dec 21, 2015 2:46AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Not by a long shot. A very significant number of her existing works have linkages. So (not all) are covered in a flowchart that will eventually be released (it's one of the volume extras). For now, though, you have the pleasure of checking them all manually~

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I am an idol otaku. Will this bump my chances of finding a cute anime otaku girl, or is this a rare outlier in the statistics?

I need data, Takemiya Jin, I need data.

(Also all them Love Live and 48G references.)

last edited at Dec 21, 2015 2:54AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Not by a long shot. A very significant number of her existing works have linkages. So (not all) are covered in a flowchart that will eventually be released (it's one of the volume extras). For now, though, you have the pleasure of checking them all manually~

I'll be waiting for that flowchart then. Thanks!

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

This was a cute one and I absolutely worship Takemiya, but I can't help but feel like all the idol and anime references bogged down the story. Maybe it's meant to be geared towards those fans, like recchuun above, but it feels weird when all of her other work is so general-audience. It's like reading annotated Shakespeare with all the footnotes at the bottom of the page.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

The idol fever is truly infectious - not that that's an altogether bad thing. By the way, we don't have the "Looking at You Turns Me On" work on the site, do we? Because that really sounds hilarious.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This was a cute one and I absolutely worship Takemiya, but I can't help but feel like all the idol and anime references bogged down the story. Maybe it's meant to be geared towards those fans, like recchuun above, but it feels weird when all of her other work is so general-audience. It's like reading annotated Shakespeare with all the footnotes at the bottom of the page.

To be honest, this had a lot less idol references than I was expecting lol. It didn't bother me that much, but to each their own.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I am interested in that flowchart as well. Jin's tendency to link her stories reminds me of Otsu Hiyori doing the same thing; it's nice.

Also that postscript really makes me want to support Jin~

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

I enjoyed the idols reference put inside the story AKH/AKB, Love Idol/Love Live, Hello Office / Hello Project etc.

Credit page is really funny lol

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Cute one

Kind of surprised at the level of detail in the idol references

joined Jan 8, 2014

Hehe...the "real idol otaku girl" made plans ^_^ again, super cute....
Am I the only one trying to figure out why Yuri Hime and other mags like it no longer get published o.O
anyway...so glad the she's making doujins, since shes one of my fave mangaka

joined Aug 10, 2015

Cuteness is justice.
Thank you very much, Takemiya Jin.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cuteness is justice, indeed.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh god as an "all-types of idol otaku", I loved the hell out of this. I...was kinda embarrassed at how easily I understood everything they were talking about hahaha.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Poor Moe with her one-sided crush xD At least she has a friend.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

buuut Kurumi wanted to take a bath with her..... I mean she wouldn't ask that if it was one sided...maybe...

joined Mar 25, 2013

buuut Kurumi wanted to take a bath with her..... I mean she wouldn't ask that if it was one sided...maybe...

Friends take baths together :P

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

A world where two friends take a bath without any yuri action is not a world I want to live in.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

p4, When I went to bye* a Love-Idol

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

A world where two friends take a bath without any yuri action is not a world I want to live in.

Yup lol

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

* nods * umm huh.. umm huh. i agree with you mostly, but let's amend that statement a bit. it depends on the friend.

joined Mar 25, 2013

p4, When I went to bye* a Love-Idol

*buy

joined Oct 30, 2015

I wonder who will take the 'First Move'? (•⍵•) Fufufu~

joined Jul 8, 2013

GOD THIS PERIOD OF NO TAKEMIYA ANGST IS SO FUCKING GOOD! PLEASE LET IT NEVER END! Although, I see she still has that issue with unsatisfying endings...lol

joined Aug 19, 2012

but I like angst :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.