Forum › Junk/Jewel discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

The one you're describing sounds a lot like Chouchou Nannan, which I found a bit confusing when it was coming out chapter-by-chapter, but I re-read it yesterday and it's fantastic when you read it all at once.

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of. It actually appears I managed to mix it up with My Beloved. And I agree actually. I had a bit of trouble following it (I have that issue with most mangas though) as it was being released.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

The one you're describing sounds a lot like Chouchou Nannan, which I found a bit confusing when it was coming out chapter-by-chapter, but I re-read it yesterday and it's fantastic when you read it all at once.

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of. It actually appears I managed to mix it up with My Beloved. And I agree actually. I had a bit of trouble following it (I have that issue with most mangas though) as it was being released.

That's one reason I'm waiting on Fragments of Love, I want to read the whole thing as presented in the tanks, with the parallel main story and side story. I think it'll add a lot to read it that way.

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

This was so sweet. Even that one unwanted page done nothing to me.

Where is your avatar from?

joined Jul 8, 2013

Is Takemiya the one on point lately or is it the translators who are on point when picking out what stuff to translate cuz damn! Good shit from Takemiya lately.
Also, like I said in yesterdays Takemiya release, I honestly think Takemiya shines when she doesn't fill her shit to the brim with angst and bullshit and downright unlikable characters. Chouchou Nannan I feel is the level of angst that Takemiya should just aim for with all her releases (if not comedy, because I think she's good at that too). Chouchou Nannan was honestly one of my favorites of Takemiya.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Excuse me, Takemiya Jin of four years ago...but did you really think you could tease me with just ONE PAGE of oujo-sama/female butler? Only one page, really? You honestly thought that you could get away with that?

;_;

Haha those were some super ADOOOBRRZZZ SHOOOOORT STORIES! >~<
More? O_O

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

oujo-sama/female butler

Think we have enough female butlers to justify Butler?

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Was that the same girl in all those shorts...?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Also, like I said in yesterdays Takemiya release, I honestly think Takemiya shines when she doesn't fill her shit to the brim with angst and bullshit and downright unlikable characters.

I really like her bullshit, though.

oujo-sama/female butler

Think we have enough female butlers to justify Butler?

I can think only of like two conrcrete ones but there are probably quite a few more, especially in the oneshot section. It's not gonna be the least used tag at least.

Was that the same girl in all those shorts...?

No, names are different each time.

last edited at Dec 15, 2015 4:49PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, like I said in yesterdays Takemiya release, I honestly think Takemiya shines when she doesn't fill her shit to the brim with angst and bullshit and downright unlikable characters.

I really like her bullshit, though.

Best bullshit in the business! High quality, never a bum steer. Or a steer's bum.

Funny how much I like those unlikeable characters though. Maybe it's just me.

joined Mar 25, 2013

This was interesting. At least four days without Jin though. Is Junk-Lab another similar manga?

Sorry to disappoint, but Junk-lab is Takemiya's circle name for when she does doujinshi. She hasn't really done another collection of shorts like this.

Aww. Oh well. Are there many doujins under the circle name?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

That's some really adorable OL.

Also:

Next year she would watch the countdown fireworks with her girlfriend.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Funny how much I like those unlikeable characters though. Maybe it's just me.

She definitely has some of the most likeable unlikable characters there are.
For real though, I love Jin's characters. She can do awkwardly cute as well as she can do decisive and mature. Aside from the intentionally evil ones, I really don't even know who the unlikeable characters are supposed to be. Flawed maybe, but definitely not unlikeable.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

That's some really adorable OL.

Yeeeeeah :D And her hair is also awesome.
I get the feeling that many characters in manga have straight hair, because it is a bother to draw curls. xD But I dig curls. Maybe we could get a curly hair-tag. This might be a bit too much though, I don't know.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

nice nice

joined Jan 8, 2014

And now second early christmas ^_^ Jin-sensei is for sure one of my favorite authors...thanks for translating :)

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

This was interesting. At least four days without Jin though. Is Junk-Lab another similar manga?

Sorry to disappoint, but Junk-lab is Takemiya's circle name for when she does doujinshi. She hasn't really done another collection of shorts like this.

Aww. Oh well. Are there many doujins under the circle name?

There's a lot, and plenty more to come too. Takemiya's been drawing yuri doujins since February 2007 for basically every event she can attend, and even though she took a break from 2011–2012, she's come back in full force, especially this year.

joined Mar 25, 2013

There's a lot, and plenty more to come too. Takemiya's been drawing yuri doujins since February 2007 for basically every event she can attend, and even though she took a break from 2011–2012, she's come back in full force, especially this year.

So even if the originals run out, there's plenty more you'll be able to translate? That's awesome :] She's also awesome.

Edit: Now that I think about it, isn't the last thought in the butler page meant to be 'without an ulterior motive' instead? Or is the 'with an ulterior motive' supposed to mean about marriage or something? It is about the affection part right, not the rampage one?

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 4:48AM

KuroNekoNegurumi
L
joined Dec 10, 2015

The last couple made me laugh XD

joined Aug 4, 2014

That was a good aperitif, definetely. I hope Takemiya will keep this course and draw more light-hearted titles like those. (same goes to you, Amano Shuninta!)

joined Apr 26, 2014

More!

joined Oct 30, 2015

I had no idea who was who. I would try and read the comments to see what was what but I'm too lazy. -.-

To reply you must either login or sign up.