Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Jul 31, 2013

That's a good summation. I agree.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

It wasn't subtext. It was clear canon. Their relationship was extremely well written. By the end, it was obvious in their actions and thought that were shown that they were two people in love, and it was that slow progression toward love that made the series better and better as went on.

I'm not sure if everyone's reading the same manga lol.
But honestly as much as I see Ran's interests in Keiko, I just don't see any strong sexual or romantic feelings from Keiko for Ran at all. All along I was just hoping for some hints that Keiko was sexually or romantic fascinated by Ran, but any subtle hints were made got smashed up in the latter chapters.

It's frankly a poor way to end any story, and a sad way to see one as good as this one had been end.

Agreed

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/010/958/022_B_001_09.jpg pretty much sums up their relationship ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It wasn't subtext. It was clear canon. Their relationship was extremely well written. By the end, it was obvious in their actions and thought that were shown that they were two people in love, and it was that slow progression toward love that made the series better and better as went on.

I'm not sure if everyone's reading the same manga lol.
But honestly as much as I see Ran's interests in Keiko, I just don't see any strong sexual or romantic feelings from Keiko for Ran at all. All along I was just hoping for some hints that Keiko was sexually or romantic fascinated by Ran, but any subtle hints were made got smashed up in the latter chapters.

The way I see it, as far as feelings go Keiko now knows unequivocally how Ran feels, so during her time alone she has some serious soul-searching to do about her own feelings. If this were a different series, it'd be prime for a time skip to after that process, when they reunite and make things clear to each other. But this isn't that series.

Again though, that part isn't the issue that I have with how it ended. The yuri potential part is actually okay as far as I'm concerned, and it ends on a hopeful note.

joined Oct 12, 2013

When's the tank out again?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Middle of December I think, or around that time.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

When's the tank out again?

The fourth volume will be published on 11 December.

Amazon Japan

CDJapan

According to the product description, the fourth volume will contain an epilogue and consist of 152 pages.

What I find strange is that still no information about the fourth volume in Yawaspi, while the other series behavior is the opposite, well, it seems they like to hurt their fans with the hype.

What if I urge all users of this site is to buy the fourth volume, because best sales equals greater possibilities of a sequel, so we have to make the volume sold like hotcakes.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, or we could not. I'm not interested in another 4 volumes of Show dangling lesbians in front of our faces without ever delivering. Maybe if he gets serialized in a yuri anthology, that would be about it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The sales might depend a lot in that epilogue... I don't really have much hope.

joined Mar 25, 2013

At least the epilogue will be 20-30 pages if previous books are any indication.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

All my hopes were already crushed. I'd just read for the sake of stretching tips if there's a sequel.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Well, I'd love to see a sequel, but preferably without much torture as before, xd.

By my count between Chapter 33 and 45 there are 116 pages and the volume will have 152 pages, so there is a difference of 36 pages, so one can say that he fulfilled the promise that the fourth volume will have more extra material than normal .

By the way, do not think the epilogue will be extremely long, I would say it will be similar to Chapter 45, about 14 pages, and we also have to consider other extras as the 8 color pages at the beginning, the pages with information about stretching appearing between one chapter and another, as this has been the structure of volumes so far.

joined Mar 25, 2013

By the way, do not think the epilogue will be extremely long, I would say it will be similar to Chapter 45, about 14 pages, and we also have to consider other extras as the 8 color pages at the beginning, the pages with information about stretching appearing between one chapter and another, as this has been the structure of volumes so far.

Huh, that's a little disappointing. Don't have the volumes so didn't know that. Hopefully though it's more than 14 pages. I don't know how much he will be able to fit in.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I'm going to guess the epilogue will be 20-25 pages, with the first few just setting things up with images of the cafe where Keiko and Ran are meeting up, and it'll be a vague discussion until near the end when Keiko and Ran talk about how much they love their new boyfriends, then shake hands and leave

sigh

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The handshake was my favorite part of the manga, so I'd really like to see that brought back.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I don't think I have any expectations from the coming extra chapter. It'd be great if it explains who texted both girls in the last chapter. The secret hope is it's Saki who writes how great a couple they have been and how dumb they are to break it.
Another hard-shipping hope is the chapter ending with Keiko sending Ran a bouquet of real flowers. Given all the symbolism, that would be equal to the happy ending despite it being so subtext.
But wait, wait. As I said, I have no expectations from the epilogue. None! I want to believe.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't think I have any expectations from the coming extra chapter. It'd be great if it explains who texted both girls in the last chapter.

I had hopes for that too, but they were crushed right here... It was the picture of them together that their friend sended in the previous page and we see the picture at the end, it makes lot of sense.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think I have any expectations from the coming extra chapter. It'd be great if it explains who texted both girls in the last chapter.

I had hopes for that too, but they were crushed right here... It was the picture of them together that their friend sended in the previous page and we see the picture at the end, it makes lot of sense.

Well, the fact that they're both really happy to see a pic of the two of them together and happy still lends credence to my idea that this is the perfect place in a romance story to have a time skip where Keiko figures out her feelings for Ran. We're just not getting the "after" bit.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Well, the fact that they're both really happy to see a pic of the two of them together and happy still lends credence to my idea that this is the perfect place in a romance story to have a time skip where Keiko figures out her feelings for Ran. We're just not getting the "after" bit.

Still hopeful for an epilogue in the tank. never give up, never surrender!

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Very good news, the cover of the fourth volume is now available and frankly I must say it is beautiful.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVIhlxeUYAEcRbZ.jpg

It will be a good omen?

joined Mar 25, 2013

They're just stretching, just like on the cover for the first volume.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For some reason that cover gave me Junji Ito vibes.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine

For some reason that cover gave me Junji Ito vibes.

I'm kinda interested in what a yuri manga written by him would be like now, lol.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVnIpGqUEAAb4yO.jpg

One can say that this is a black-haired version of Ran dressed as mangaka, although not the first time this character design is recycled by Shou.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Got Volume 4 today. 5 pages with 9 4-komas is what appears after the last chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.