Forum › The Flower And The Star discussion

joined Apr 6, 2013

That was both horribly sad and horribly heartwarming.

All in all Chika is probably the best thing about this manga, in love with someone who loves her but as a sister, wants to hate her percieved rival but actually gets along really well with her, and more or less is just a nice person who sadly just kinda has to suffer.

last edited at Aug 15, 2013 7:14PM

joined May 31, 2013

Hello sudden dramatic turn.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Sudden? Haven't they been hinting (with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer) the whole love triangle thing, with Chika as the obvious loser, since Chika showed up?

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I really liked Chika the moment I saw her and I felt bad because it was obvious she wasn't going to get what she wanted and I was just finally warming up to that idea and this chapter just took all my cooping and ripped it up I felt so bad for Chika but I'm glad they finally cleared everything up and elaborated on why Hanai is SO important.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The series did a wonderful job destoying Hanai's character in each new chapter. From the begining she was a sore loser, and you really wonder what exactly did Hoshino see in her to abandon everything just to follow her.
This chapter pretty much put the final nail in her coffin as a likeable character.

joined Aug 7, 2013

uhh i don't get why she started liking her..
is it because she saw her cry?
i mean she said something pretty mean to her. whyd she start liking her nyway.
i dunno anything. i forgot everything that happend in the past chapters.

Sd
joined Aug 12, 2013

Awww sshhayyyt. Friendzoned..Errr, sisterzoned?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Despite reading this story from the beginning... with this new chapter I feel it is like those other romances where character who is actually decent and everyone KNOWS would be perfect for the main love interest gets shafted.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hmmmpf,That's what being young is about... Thought that never happened to me, neither being rejected or rejecting WHY!? ...
This is such a lovely story, thanks for chapter nine, it's good that they can settle things like that, it doesn't happen in real life very often.

Haha, yeah. It was pretty surprising that it went well. Thought there'd be more angst or drama.

That was both horribly sad and horribly heartwarming.

All in all Chika is probably the best thing about this manga, in love with someone who loves her but as a sister, wants to hate her percieved rival but actually gets along really well with her, and more or less is just a nice person who sadly just kinda has to suffer.

True that. Chika has been extremely generous, especially as a "love rival" who saw through everything before anyone did. Practically the perfect character to get "friendzoned". Haha.

Despite reading this story from the beginning... with this new chapter I feel it is like those other romances where character who is actually decent and everyone KNOWS would be perfect for the main love interest gets shafted.

Well, even though I don't like it when the main perfect love interest gets y'know, shafted, especially when nothing real serious has even happened to the Hanai and Hoshino, I think this is a pretty damn good portrayal of real life. I mean, as real as it gets.

Anyway, I liked that little backstory, but I'd like more "concrete evidence" kind of thing for Hoshino's obsession with Hanai. I don't want any half assed, "oh, she just fell in love at second sight with her" kind of shizzazz. Like, yeah it could happen, but no.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Well, even though I don't like it when the main perfect love interest gets y'know, shafted, especially when nothing real serious has even happened to the Hanai and Hoshino, I think this is a pretty damn good portrayal of real life. I mean, as real as it gets.

Anyway, I liked that little backstory, but I'd like more "concrete evidence" kind of thing for Hoshino's obsession with Hanai. I don't want any half assed, "oh, she just fell in love at second sight with her" kind of shizzazz. Like, yeah it could happen, but no.

I'm going to have to reread it again to see what you mean about calling it a "pretty damn good portrayal of real life." I'm not sure I'm that portrayal at all O_o

And I agree about the explanation so far for Hoshino's crush on Hanai so far.

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

The translation of chapter 9 is different to what I've read before. Especially the backstory - their conversation is completely different. The translation I've read before gives a perfect reason for hoshino to like hanai and try to become good at table tennis. This one just confuses me and is out of place.

joined Aug 8, 2013

What are they at the point of the flashback, in grade school? This wasn't meant to establish any feelings beyond trying to win someone's approval.

The fan fiction I've read

Fixed that for you.

63621-girls-und-panzer-darjeeling-gununu-tank
joined Jun 23, 2013

how the f*ck ? kind to her for years, love her for years, think about her for years, longed for her ... still fail to a stupid random love ?
sound like Strawberry Panic

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

how the f*ck ? kind to her for years, love her for years, think about her for years, longed for her ... still fail to a stupid random love ?
sound like Strawberry Panic

This chapter explains that it isn't random love she had admired Hanai ever since she saw her success and Hanai made her want to better herself so in this case after years of admiring Hanai it had turned into love.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Ugh, this was too cruel...regardless, thanks to YP as always.

last edited at Aug 16, 2013 3:36PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I'm going to have to reread it again to see what you mean about calling it a "pretty damn good portrayal of real life." I'm not sure I'm that portrayal at all O_o

Woops, my bad. I meant more like ... harsh realities?

joined May 31, 2013

Apparently showering years of romantic affection on someone should guarantee romantic affection in return. This is oddly reminding me of all the people who complain about being friend-zoned on Yahoo Answers.

weren't they making out like a few chapters back?

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

Noooo Chika Funami ~~~!!! >___<
I'd love to see her end up with any romance ? :/ or just be a side sister from the main lovey-not-dovey couple :/

last edited at Aug 16, 2013 7:57PM

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

good now the 3rd wheel is gone and time to get back to the real thing

joined Feb 1, 2013

Chapter 9 was so sad and heartbreaking and beautiful. Probably the best one so far for me. And Chika is definitely my favorite character in this series, far before the two main ones.

joined Jan 30, 2013

My precious... now I have to think of Gollum... Disturbing.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Chapter 10 Yay! Loved it :)

joined May 22, 2013

i can't see any significant differences between this effort and the last translation....both were good...i found the first one funnier...

Apparently showering years of romantic affection on someone should guarantee romantic affection in return. This is oddly reminding me of all the people who complain about being friend-zoned on Yahoo Answers.

seriously... were you actually reading this manga? are you just looking at the pictures?

joined Aug 13, 2013

The amount of love I have for this manga is UNREAL. Honestly I love the characters. I love how twisted their personalities are, especially in the beginning. It almost makes me uncomfortable that they're not super cutesy. Even the way they're drawn is unique and has a bit of edge. Ughh and the story! Its so deliciously dramatic! I love how tortured Chika is and (so far atleast) That she doesn't automatically get a lover because that doesn't happen in real life! I hope it stays this way.

I need to buy a copy of this from somewhere.

joined Aug 13, 2013

i can't see any significant differences between this effort and the last translation....both were good...i found the first one funnier...

seriously... were you actually reading this manga? are you just looking at the pictures?

I've never laughed so hard at comments before.. ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.