Forum › Posts by Amai_Kei

Amai_Kei
joined Aug 13, 2013

It really bugs me that she's starting to ACTUALLY have sex with her "clients." About 90% of this series' appeal just disappeared along with her virginity.

uh... are you serious? that would imply that her using "toys" and various other objects was not actual sex.

I kind of agree with the "ACTUALLY having sex" part of the comment. Not because using toys cannot considered as "actual sex" but because before (the original premise of the story) it was all about her being pushed by the circumstances so, her using toys was interpreted (at least on my part) as her attempt to reject her role of gigolette (for which you clearly don't need toys to be an effective/efficient one). Now, it appears that she has "embraced" her role, in so few chapters and with no dramatic fire (you gotta have drama in the transition) in the middle. Personally, I was hopping that she would keep rejecting her role (keep her body "pure" one might say) up to the moment she and saori realized their feelings, then they would consummate their relationship and she would get a normal job (now it seems that job is cheff or at least a simple cook at a restaurant).

In any case... now she has become such a shameless gigolette. that will allow for more comedy but at the expense of her character...

when you put it that way, I guess I can agree with that as well. It's a shame that something that could've been seemed special once that relationship developed is gone. However there's still the fact that no one's really touched Yurika, so having an actual lover do to her what she's been doing for many others might become sort of an eye-opener for her. Then she could stop associating sex with food, money and shelter and instead see it as love, emotion and romantic connection.

Amai_Kei
joined Aug 13, 2013

It really bugs me that she's starting to ACTUALLY have sex with her "clients." About 90% of this series' appeal just disappeared along with her virginity.

uh... are you serious? that would imply that her using "toys" and various other objects was not actual sex.

joined Aug 13, 2013

Chapter 9 was so sad and heartbreaking and beautiful. Probably the best one so far for me. And Chika is definitely my favorite character in this series, far before the two main ones.

But it should definitely stay this way for her. That sort of pain is so relatable and, as you've said, beautiful. If she were magically granted a girlfriend out of nowhere it would take away from the entire manga.

joined Aug 13, 2013

i can't see any significant differences between this effort and the last translation....both were good...i found the first one funnier...

Apparently showering years of romantic affection on someone should guarantee romantic affection in return. This is oddly reminding me of all the people who complain about being friend-zoned on Yahoo Answers.

weren't they making out like a few chapters back?

seriously... were you actually reading this manga? are you just looking at the pictures?

I've never laughed so hard at comments before.. ^_^

joined Aug 13, 2013

The amount of love I have for this manga is UNREAL. Honestly I love the characters. I love how twisted their personalities are, especially in the beginning. It almost makes me uncomfortable that they're not super cutesy. Even the way they're drawn is unique and has a bit of edge. Ughh and the story! Its so deliciously dramatic! I love how tortured Chika is and (so far atleast) That she doesn't automatically get a lover because that doesn't happen in real life! I hope it stays this way.

I need to buy a copy of this from somewhere.

Amai_Kei
Drip discussion 20 Aug 17:23
joined Aug 13, 2013

GOD DAMN THIS ARTIST!!! <3 <3

Amai_Kei
joined Aug 13, 2013

Eeeeh the art was so rough. I found it terribly distracting. Not necessarily my style, but I'm sure someone liked it.

joined Aug 13, 2013

Honestly I absolutely love Amano Shunita's work. All of it. It's so maturely sexy, and has just the right amount of drama and cute. I'm drawn to yuri that's closer to josei, so this manga is perfect for me. What I'm especially interested in is that is this manga centered around 20-something-year-olds instead of the high school age group which a lot of yuri I find is. It's just so relate able....

Side note, I love Remi! She's so gyaru and free! Though, I do hope they make her seem a little more vulnerable, maybe even a little lonely. That would be really interesting.

Amai_Kei
joined Aug 13, 2013

I honestly can't get enough of this manga. it's so dramatic, yet realistic!