Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Jul 16, 2015

Medicine-daughter. TAT

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

So, am I the only one that think Keiko forgot to mention how they had hot sex all night long while ran was drunk ? XD

Don't mind that ending, leaves things open to a lot of interpretation and makes us free to think what might happen in the future. I prefer that to actually going for a het ending all of the sudden.

Not the best work out there, but decent enough.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

From the yawaspi page, afterword from Shou translated by the guy from Boon.

This is the end of Ran and Keiko's living together.

It's gotten a lot longer than planned, but it's thanks to the readers' comments that I was able to draw 45 chapters. Thank you very much.

I'm planning on drawing more for the 4th volume than for the other volumes. There might even be a sequel. Please look forward to it.

So, all is not lost. A time skip and we're good.

Given the japanese readers response, I can't see why any self respectable magazine wouldn't negotiate a sequel.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Okay I don't know if I missed something but why is Keiko moving out again???

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

From what I got she's facing full life consequences or sth like that.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

What the fuck Shou? Possible sequel or not, that was just plain lazy. Will I ever read a manga that has a satisfying ending?

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

I liked this series, but if this is how the ending is, rushed, and leaving many things unresolved, it would've been better if the whole series was just about teaching you how to stretch your body not your feelings

This!
That struck home, haha.

In all seriousness, though, the ending wasn't what I was expecting (shame on me for expecting more, I suppose) but it fit the pace of the story. Keiko moves on, and Ran gets as close as possible to some kind of confession without saying it outright -- it works. Look on the bright side: if there is a sequel, and if it gets translated, we have plenty of time to prepare our hearts, minds, and yuri-goggles in anticipation. I'm pretty sure a lot of us need it. Maybe we should do some stretches.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

This final has really hurt me, but could have been much worse, so I could say it's acceptable. Like many here, I wanted a final "yuri", but it was not bad, because there were no broken hearts and they remained on good terms with the door open for a possible reunion in the future, so I think that's enough although not entirely satisfactory or desirable for me.

Well, I think it reflects reality just fine. Really, how many times do we get a happy ending in real life? Plus.. this "rushed goodbyes" happen a lot on a daily basis, life IS that fast, even more so when you have to work and do adult stuff like Ran and Keiko.

Don't get me wrong, i would have loved a yuri ending, but i'm totally okay with this last chapter, it fits the story just fine.

Very true, that's life and you can not run away from that and this is something that these girls have experienced.

Now talking about another subject. Hopefully this series received a sequel in Yawaspi, as this would facilitate translations as before. Now on the subject of where to publish the sequel, I see no problem in that Yawaspi publish a yuri series, I think they have a pretty wide range of series, so why not try with his first yuri?, well, as long as Shou decide to do so. Besides considering that Stretch was the queen of the scores on that page, it would not be surprising that publishers want to continue with that situation and I assume the same applies to Shou, if their work was well received, so why not continue publishing at the same place?

What is certain is that I will buy the fourth volume with faster shipping method available, as it looks to be very interesting with more extra material than usual.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Well, I liked the ending (i know i'm not the only one) and I'll miss this piece of teasing garbage. I'll miss it so much. </3

Seriously? Yuri bait and switch aside, feels so rushed that hurts.
For me felt like the equivalent of ending a roleplaying campaign with "Rocks fall, everyone dies."

Well, I think it reflects reality just fine. Really, how many times do we get a happy ending in real life? Plus.. this "rushed goodbyes" happen a lot on a daily basis, life IS that fast, even more so when you have to work and do adult stuff like Ran and Keiko.

Don't get me wrong, i would have loved a yuri ending, but i'm totally okay with this last chapter, it fits the story just fine.

A rushed ending is rushed, regardless of the realism. It's as if Shou wanted to wrap things FAST. For whatever reason.

If we speak of realism, he could have ended the series with Kyouko being killed by a car when crossing the street. Realistic? Of course. People die in traffic accidents a lot. But would be a stupid ending regardless.

Plus, for realism I already have real life.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Well, it appears Shou pulled off a almost perfect wonderful example of a "Shaggy Dog Story." When it all is said and done, there was absolutely no point in anything that happened. Ran definitely had some feelings for Keiko, but since Keiko just didn't care it all went nowhere.

It's clear to me that Shou, after the plagiarism incident (justified or not), tried to make some money by writing a mainstream series. He then didn't know what to do with it, got fed up, and simply stopped after making an agreed number of chapters.

Such is life..

joined Jan 8, 2014

Am I the only one excited for the eventual full yuri fanfiction doujin that WILL come out???
^_^

And yeah, Keiko has some emotional issues if she cant even talk/mention what else happened after the nekkid bathroom scene :p (cause yeah!)
Will Saki comfort Ran? Maybe if Ran wears her santa skirt... lol

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

W.T.F.
Seriously, Shou!?
Now it's incredible in a whole lot different kind of way

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

END?!? NO WAI

joined Sep 19, 2015

At this point, I'm just thankful it's over. It's like a huge burden off my shoulders.

Granted, now it's been replaced with the burden of waiting for epilogue chapters, but at least I can pretend that possibility doesn't exist for long periods of time.

What a life we live, huh.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nya-chan

We can also guess that BGS wasn't the right magazine for a yuri story and Shou had his hands tied and could not go the yuri route. It's a seinen magazine and maybe his editor refrained him from going gay romance.

I was thinking this myself, how much of the hand of the editor are we seeing in all this? It's unlikely Shou was just given a few pages per issue and told "go do whatever", so maybe some of the tone of the series was mandated.

k0f11

While I agree that the ending is suitable to a degree, I think it's a bit disingenuous to invoke real life when that's clearly not what the rest of the series was about. A great deal of the rest of it, how they reunited during a chaotic event just when Keiko needed a roommate, her ex just happening to frequent the one out of thousands of bars that Ran worked in, and so forth,

It still remains that while the ambiguity of their relationship not getting resolved is suitable and I'm fine with that, there is too much unsatisfying about the ending to consider it actually good.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Japanese people liked the end?

last edited at Aug 16, 2021 3:16PM

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

end? wtf, it can't end. I didn't allow this. WTF?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I feel he was trolling us all along.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If we speak of realism, he could have ended the series with Kyouko being killed by a car when crossing the street. Realistic? Of course.

Truck-kun to the rescue.

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

Called it

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

Look at the bright side: this isn't Philosophia.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Or Happy End. And at least it's finished unlike Flower Flower and Prism.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Or Happy End. And at least it's finished unlike Flower Flower and Prism.

Except at least Prism ended on a good note. This didn't.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Flower Flower

;_;

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Btw, I didn't read this I just wanted to drop in and remind people of something. Higashiyama Shou is not a yuri mangaka. 90% of what he writes is het lolicon hentai. Prism is not representative of what he normally does. I don't know if you can expect more yuri from him in the future, but, in any case, its not good to assume that whatever he writes is going to be yuri or even yuri-ish... because its usually not going to be. Cheers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.