Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

i feel like a lot of you people are taking this much more personally than it's intended to be...

Well with a manga like this it's bound to happen... It's just... This manga is really unique (for as far I know) and it's kind of a first time an overly hyperbolic stereotypical image of a male Yuri lover is projected like this, so it's only normal it would stir the comment section up.
Idk I don't really have an opinion about the manga... I kinda can't stand the guy.. I mean guys can like Yuri, it's okay, I mean there are a lot of yaoi loving screaming fangirls out there so why wouldn't it be okay the other way around? It's just... Everything should be with a healthy amount.... I mean sure when I first started reading Yuri I was hyped and stayed up until like 3-4 a.m. reading Yuri, but that was just kinda a beginners phase. Right now I still read a lot of yuri, but I don't really let it influence my daily life. Compares to this guy. I mean this guy just stays in that "beginners phase", like his whole life is Yuri, he has nothing else for as far I can tell. Without Yuri he would be nothing. And that's just unhealthy and to be fair I find it creepy. Not cause he's a guy doing so, I'd be creeped out if it was a girl too..... It's just this manga is a bit over the top for me personally. Even if it's comedy. Justnot what drifts my boat I guess.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

There is no such thing as too much yuri.

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

Never before have I connected with a character so completely and quickly. He is everything I am, and everything I want to be, God bless this manga.

ikr? it's like looking into a mirror.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't mind the character and I actually enjoy satirical representation like these. Is good to laugh at myself every now and then you know?

Having said that, the lack of proper yuri is the only thing that keeps me from fully enjoying the story. With some seriousness to balance the comedy th whole thing feels off.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 7:11PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I don't mind the character and I actually enjoy satirical representation like these. Is good to laugh at myself every now and then you know?

Having said that, the lack of proper yuri is the only thing that keeps me from fully enjoying the story. With some seriousness to balance the comedy th whole thing feels off.

And the sad thing is we know the author is perfectly capable of pulling off really good couples.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 7:09PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I was once interested in this series, but after seeing no actual yuri couple within 5 volumes,

aaaand ~ Dropped ~.

Tho even as a male yuri fan I don't really identify much with the MC, I get the gist of the jokes regarding that, as well as the shipping (which I also don't do myself).

I said it earlier: If this was a parody/joke manga of 1-5 chapters it would be fine if it had no yuri. Would stand as it's own for it's gimmick, and for those to whom it appeals... But 5 volumes of no actual yuri, ehhhhh... no thanks.

guess I am outa here.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 7:10PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Wait, no yuri couple? So it only has one-sided love, angst and subtext or something?

Cause... I thought the chapter 2 already showed some yuri on it (with the other girl kissing her pinky and stuff?)

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 7:09PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Same author that made arguably one of the best anthologies of all time? You know the story within the story is gonna be really damn good no matter how comedic and silly it will come across as

joined Sep 29, 2015

I've bought the entire season 1 of this series (yes, there's seasons to this manga. Vol 5 marks the end of season 1) and I can say that there is a bit of yuri... a bit? I think? There is something in vol 2, but that gets pushed over to season 2 to be resolved (or at least I think they resolve it).

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 7:07PM

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

Honestly, even as a girl I kinda understand the main character. :D I don't ship real people too often, even though sometimes I do, which can lead to really weird situations because I am also lesbian (though ironically an aromantic one). However I ship almost every two female movie characters that talk to each other or stare at each at other even a little bit, same goes with anime characters. I don't mind that the main character is little bit exaggerated, it's not a real person after all and of course I know, that every yuri fan is different. So for now I gladly approve, we will see what other chapters will bring. :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Seriously, how much brain power does it take to maybe mark your fucking spoilers? I don't care if you don't like the series, you mark them or I have to do it.

And if you can't even figure out what a spoiler is, that means anything ahead of what's posted here.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 7:08PM

joined Sep 29, 2015

Seriously, how much brain power does it take to maybe mark your fucking spoilers? I don't care if you don't like the series, you mark them or I have to do it.

Shoot, sorry about that. That was completely careless of me. I'll be sure to be more aware of what I'm posting in the future.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

AHAHAHAHA this.... this is wonderful.... I'd forgotten what it was like to laugh out loud because of a manga. I feel like the main character is me on steroids or something. Everything he says has a little thread that connects to me, and that makes this manga feel really home-y.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Well I dropped this, because f. Yuri Hime frankly, but that was before the advent of Katakura Ako so the 'f. Yuri Hime' platform kind of blew up in the hangar. These two chapters were actually probably never going to be released, but I saw Thiaguinho-sama's comment in the other thread and decided to kick them out. (These do have some editing issues and can be considered MQ releases.) So if you're glad it's here you have Thiaguinho to thank. Anyway, I'll keep translating this, I guess.

I'll need an editor, though, and given the length and difficulty of this series it will have to be a dedicated one.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Fight on, Mr. Creepy-Yuri-Stalker-Man!

This series is hilarious, although it hits a little close to home. As a male yuri fan, sometimes you do feel a little creepy or otherwise out of place in the fandom. Like, I could never talk about my preferences to real life people. That's why I'm glad I found all you fake internet people that I can type words at. Keep it classy, folks.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Well I dropped this, because f. Yuri Hime frankly, but that was before the advent of Katakura Ako so the 'f. Yuri Hime' platform kind of blew up in the hangar. These two chapters were actually probably never going to be released, but I saw Thiaguinho-sama's comment in the other thread and decided to kick them out. (These do have some editing issues and can be considered MQ releases.) So if you're glad it's here you have Thiaguinho to thank. Anyway, I'll keep translating this, I guess.

I'll need an editor, though, and given the length and difficulty of this series it will have to be a dedicated one.

Mm, I hope one shows up eventually. Would be rly nice to see that happen.

Btw, thanks for the hard work like always Gulf. udabes

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Thanks 'fan. I'm a fan of the 'fan.

How do I get one of those group name badges by the way?

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Troglodytic putz.

How can I use that in conversation? Hmm...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'll ask Omn to give you one next time he's online.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait, you're skipping the blood sacrifice?

Why didn't I get to skip the blood sacrifice?

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Wait, you're skipping the blood sacrifice?

Why didn't I get to skip the blood sacrifice?

Nez your ritual was special and required special attention.

But I don't think he/she's exempt from the kitten sacrifice.

Hirari_07_cover%20-%20edited
joined Aug 19, 2015

someone please give this child a copy of nevada

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Oh and does "Danshi" translate to anything?

Boy/Young man, according to my google-fu

Danshi is usually used in context of "male". So Yuri danshi is supposed to mean something like "Male yuri fan" as opposite to Yuri Joshi (Female yuri fan) that doesn't exist ;x (I mean term, not people)

Didn't have time to properly read it yet, just glimpses through pages, but this is so hilarious. I got no idea why so many people complain. All I see is simple parody with over the top yuri fan, that goes too much into it. Well wall of texts are kinda discouraging and even If there isn't any real yuri couples, isn't the point of this series to watch how MC is making fool of yourself by over-analzying girls' relationships? And btw. didn't he hit it with last girl, that did kiss her pinky at the end?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My complaint is that there's no actual story. Just random winks at the readers.

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 2:17AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

My complaint is that there's no actual story. Just random winks at the readers.

Honestly I don't think you can add progressing story in this kind of comedy. It is kinda like a 4-koma. Just instead of 4 panels, it takes 1 chapter to set up the joke and make a punchline. At least that is the impression I got.

To reply you must either login or sign up.