Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jul 25, 2015

I really wasn't expecting this chapter to turn so gritty and it's cruel to have this as the last chapter before a month long break. Seju looked so evil when she saw the TWO pairs of shoes. I will stop speculating now as my previous guesses were way off track.

I wasn't sure whether Sumin was relaying her past to Sungji or whether it was just a narration. Sumin deserves to be happy and she can only do that if she's cuts herself away from her past, away from Seju. I hope Sungji will be Sumin's saviour.

On a side note, the app is working fine for me but I'm on Android, My app got updated and now there are some English menus so easier to navigate.

joined Jun 18, 2015

This chapter is INTENSE! I am dying a little bit everyday until this hiatus is over.

Update: looks like the next chapter will be updated on 11/05.

https://twitter.com/alggumba

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 3:47PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Lezhin is doing a maintenance with the iOS app. Sooo until they fix everything, it won't be available and you won't be able to charge coins.

There will be a month long break after this chapter. The translation will be sent out later today. seju is EVIL called it

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

Thank you Halmoni!!! <3! I see thanks for letting us know. Hahaha She looked pretty innocent and caring in ch27 <--- says the person who have no idea what was happening lol!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

and now we know why Sumin has that tattoo :(

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

BRRUUUUUUUHHHH. My emotions... stop playing with them :(

joined Aug 10, 2015

Man....this chapter.

Even in the world of manga where hundreds of problematic af tropes are often waved away with the Yuri wand, I cannot with Seju. She is the incarnation of Cruella de Vil, Hilary Clinton, and Ayn Rand conglomerated into a Manwha character. I just...can't.

I'm totally okay with the hiatus. Its going to take me that and much longer to think of a reason why Sumin still allows Seju in her life, or why she's still at her company, hell, why she is still in the same country as her. Wow, just....wtf.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Man....this chapter.

Even in the world of manga where hundreds of problematic af tropes are often waved away with the Yuri wand, I cannot with Seju. She is the incarnation of Cruella de Vil, Hilary Clinton, and Ayn Rand conglomerated into a Manwha character. I just...can't.

I'm totally okay with the hiatus. Its going to take me that and much longer to think of a reason why Sumin still allows Seju in her life, or why she's still at her company, hell, why she is still in the same country as her. Wow, just....wtf.

Seju is really that evil??? :( it will seriously break my heart..TT.TT

joined Apr 20, 2015

Damn, Sumin and Seju are just spirals of destruction aren't they. Both of them are so messed up psychologically (because of each other) it's gonna take a miracle for them to recover (Team Gaji I'm looking at you guys). I don't really care who ends up with who at this point, I just want them all to move on and have a happy ending. Yes, even Seju (I'm always suckered for a hot, sexy, manipulative evil b*tch haha).

But that man! (Seju's uncle?). Hell, are we sure Seju's family ain't some mafia gang? He sure acts like one lol. But srsly, Sumin should've sued his sorry ass to kingdom come.

And that cliffhanger! The wait!!!!!! I'm almost terrified to think of Seju's reactions when she finds out Sumin might be serious towards Sungji (all these bloody S- names, almost forgot who's who). Please don't harm the poor innocent Cinnamon Roll, that's all I'm asking Seju. Otherwise, I still like your evil, manipulative ass.

P.S. Almost forgot to thank halmoni!!
(damn this is long)

11231906_10207334537551612_6623802436543298745_n
joined Jun 11, 2013

Anyone else having trouble viewing on Lezhin? I went on my laptop through chrome and signed in the website but it's not showing chapters past 09 and it's not showing the ones I bought either. On my mobile iOS 8, it's still not finding the title anymore on Lezhin mobile. What happened??

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

when i said before that a lot of people will get hurt in this manga, i never actually thought physically! :(
i hope sumin and sungji can live happily ever after! they should just move to australia! it's a big country! :)

joined Jul 11, 2015

Can anyone explian me about the guy who hurt Sumin? Who is he? And why did he do that?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Anyone else having trouble viewing on Lezhin? I went on my laptop through chrome and signed in the website but it's not showing chapters past 09 and it's not showing the ones I bought either. On my mobile iOS 8, it's still not finding the title anymore on Lezhin mobile. What happened??

Lezhin is doing a maintenance with the iOS app. Sooo until they fix everything, it won't be available and you won't be able to charge coins.

The PC chrome version of the website is working fine for me.

Can anyone explian me about the guy who hurt Sumin? Who is he? And why did he do that?

His relationship with Seju is unknown. All we know is that he's tied to her family somehow (cousin, step-brother, half-brother, fiance, etc.), and if you read the dialogue in the beginning, he seemed to be a bit over the top crazy with his love for Seju.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 2:04AM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

How do we know that Sungji is not just one of Sumin's "conquests"? What makes Sungji special? considering Sumin has had her fair share of the market, and she's still coming back to Seju-momma!
I'd feel bad if Sungji was just another insignificant girl in Sumin's life.

joined Jul 11, 2015

His relationship with Seju is unknown. All we know is that he's tied to her family somehow (cousin, step-brother, half-brother, fiance, etc.), and if you read the dialogue in the beginning, he seemed to be a bit over the top crazy with his love for Seju.

Thank you so much

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

How do we know that Sungji is not just one of Sumin's "conquests"? What makes Sungji special? considering Sumin has had her fair share of the market, and she's still coming back to Seju-momma!

Sungji is not insignificant in Sumin's life..she's becoming someone who could save her from Seju's "cage of love"..but I still want Seju and Sumin to sort their shits together properly..why the hell did they effin end up like that..

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't quite remember every moment, but there have been hints here and there showing that Sumin has been affected by Sungji's unique personality.

1) When Sumin got drunk af on the day of her parents' anniversary, she hugged Sungji and attempted to make Sungji fall in love with her (i.e. close physical contact + "I'm so glad you're here blah blah blah"). But Sungji didn't just blush and give in to Sumin's advances. She told her what she honestly thought ("You're strong because of the happy memories you had with your parents, and I hope you can tell me about those memories next time" or something like that), and she made Sumin fall for her instead. If Sungji had given in to temptation at this moment, she probably would have been another "conquest" girl.

2) Sumin didn't allow Seju touch the band-aids that Sungji put on her fingers. So clearly Sungji is important to Sumin in some way; she didn't want the parts of her body that were...purified, I guess, by Sungji, to become tainted by Seju.

3) She starts doing stuff that she normally would never do, like buying dolls and putting out her cigarette when talking to Sungji on the phone. Although old Sumin was a romantic, I feel like she stopped being one after her relationship with the chairman. The lawyer lady broke up with Sumin because she felt like Sumin wasn't putting any effort into their relationship.

4) Sumin's attitude towards Sungji has been changing. At first, she was very skeptical, and she doubted that Sungji was as innocent as she was. However, now we can see that her inner thoughts have become less harsh. She went from "I wonder if she'll fall for me if I say blah blah blah"/"First love? Yeah right"/"Her heart's racing lmao", to "I wonder if I'm supposed to just say that I'm thankful for her effort"/"We can take it slow". She's actually trying in a relationship. And Sungji has made Sumin less of a grumpy asshole.

5) From what we've seen, most of Sumin's "conquests" started out as sexual relationships. Sumin and Sungji still haven't slept with each other. Sumin tried to sleep with Sungji in the anniversary chapter and she failed. She got drunk with Sungji again for her birthday, but chose to not sleep with her this time. Sumin is putting time and effort into this relationship, even though there hasn't been any sex involved so far. So I'd assume that something's different.

joined Sep 24, 2015

For people who are having trouble accessing the overlays, there are two things you need to check.

1. Check if we've actually translated the chapter.
- You can easily tell because translated chapters (which is only 1 for now) will have chapter titles in English, like so

2. Check that you're viewing the HD version of the raws
The HD box will be red like so.

Note that if you hover your mouse over the button when it's greyed out, it'll turn red but it doesn't mean you've paid. However, if you've actually paid for it, it'll always be red even if you don't hover your mouse over it

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

The last chapter puts things between Seju and Sumin in an even more dramatic than we had thought.
I wonder if it does not end up dramatically. I don't think Seju ever bad, but she lived very bad things, from mother to this strange family. I don't understand the role of the father, Sumin says he was present with her while Seju in chapter 26 says it is absent with her. Certainly, as is clear in one of the flashbacks, Seju had built her identity, and somehow her mental health thinking that Sumin is her family, and maybe she betrayed her because she felt left out for Sumin behavior. after the death of parents. I don't justify, I'm just thinking. I was surprised negatively at the last thoughts in Chapter 27. Seju never speaks of love, but of possession, to be used with each other. And it is very stressed the concept to the "day that we die." Now it is clear, after Sumin's aggression, Seju did this solemn promise, but it is clear that they have made their relationship toxic!
I agree with Halmoni, Sumin is trying to have a real relationship with Sunji that which having broken the Sumin's chain of destructive sexual and "forcing" Sumin to be a more loving person.
I hope that Seju recognize that Sumin can love and be loved again, and that let free.
Even Seju deserves love, but before throwing the only disappointment on her, I would say she has not chosen to have that mother, nor the family, it is not her fault if the parents of Sumin died, nor that man has harmed Sumin. She betrayed once, but it seems to me that she bought it to the end.
I hope Sumin fall in love with Sunji and can forgive Seju, maybe just forgiving and absolving Seju can look for herself to a better life. But sometimes love in life may come too late. At least for seju,it seems.
I think and wrote too much, I just hope it does not end in tragedy, the last words of Seju frightened.
(Thanks Halmoni for the translation)

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 6:37AM

2014-09-06-korra
joined Aug 18, 2015

Hey guys! So I sent halmoni a mail two days ago asking for translations, but I haven't gotten an answer yet so I'm not sure whether she got my mail.. How long did you guys had to wait for a reply? Should I wait a few days longer or send her one more mail? Don't wanna spam her.. But I'm so friggin' excited for the latest chapters. :S

joined Sep 24, 2015

Hi guys umm I couldn't read the translations on Lezhin using tampermonkeys starting from chapter 19 although I purchased every chapters...Could you please help me? Thank you and I'm sorry if I'm being a bother... * sungji crying face *

Edited: Cant send message on tumblr, have to wait for 48 hours sigh

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 1:07PM

joined Sep 12, 2015

really confused about the man who hit sumin lol Seems like he doesn't give a damn about Seju but meanwhile he hit sumin because of seju ???
In fact that's a lot of stuff I don't understand in the story, reading wdtfs is as hard as watching Inception for me lol need to read the same chapter few times in order to understand what's happening, and don't know why you guys can illustrate that much (especially halmoni) I am so dumb
And again thanks halmoni for your super fast translation, hope Gaji could rest more and get well soon!

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 11:52AM

Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

really confused about the man who hit sumin lol Seems like he doesn't give a damn about Seju but meanwhile he hit sumin because of seju ???
In fact that's a lot of stuff I don't understand in the story, reading wdtfs is as hard as watching Inception for me lol need to read the same chapter few times in order to understand what's happening, and don't know why you guys can illustrate that much (especially halmoni) I am so dumb
And again thanks halmoni for your super fast translation, hope Gaji could rest more and get well soon!

He does give a damn about Seju. He was distraught by the fact that she was too weak from the breakup to properly tell him to piss off, and he said he was the one who gave Seju her name.

If any of you have not received translations 2-3 days after messaging me, message me again.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Everybody is entitled with their opinion but I'm really wondering why people calling Seju "evil" and manipulative. Is it because she claimed Sumin like an object? Who gave her that perspective anyway in the first place? Did she force Sumin to go her place and have sex? "My life is so messed up and empty, I need to fuck Seju." On the other hand, "Sumin came back, I know that she'll always come back." And years passed.
Now, Sumin found a new one, someone who could help her get up again which is Sungji. Good for her, she can now move on and live happily since she was the only one who suffered. Seju deserves all the things happened to her. Nice logic people.

Who's really the evil one here? Not Sungji of course, precious cinnamon roll that must be protected.lol Not Sumin, too. She's been through hell so her actions are just right, she didn't do anything wrong.(ok) So it must be Seju. She slept with a man, her family hurt Sumin and she claims Sumin as if an object and she slept with a man. She's really evil. :P I'm actually the evil one..xD

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 2:03PM

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

oh lord, i hate that guy so much. why seju didnt do anything to that guy????
he hurts your girfrien.. i mean ex-girlfriend but still aghh
im so frustated... and yet
i still cant bring myself to hate seju
everyone has their own reason
and im not saying that having a reason means you can justifying your action

i just hope no one end up alone. if it's end as seju x sumin. then pls let sungji met other girl that loves her
if it's sumin x sungji then, i hope they forgive each other and seju can move on

it'll be better if this end up with threesome
but i dont think so

PS: if im taking this subjectively...
my love for seju wont cease even after all of this. im always a slut for hot evil lady

To reply you must either login or sign up.