Forum › After Hours discussion

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

pls everyone listen to the Justice vs Simian song We Are Your Friends that Kei plays in chapter 3 (it's listed in the credits) its really, really good and it makes Emi's ~sparkly eyes~ reaction to the music make so much more sense because the chorus is literally "because we are your friends, and you'll never be alone again." And Kei is just introducing Emi to her world of DJing and all her DJ friends and is basically putting words to the feelings she hopes to convey to Emi through the music she is playing. And I'm just. So enraptured by this manga its such quality story telling and yeah if anyone needs me I'll be in hell waiting for this to update ...

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

No! not the shoes! mercy! ...arrrrrgghh!

Is that supposed to be a reference to The Wicker Man?

They might have been.......The Cruel Shoes!

I didn't think of making any reference when i said it .. but, yea sure! :D

joined Jun 12, 2015

No! not the shoes! mercy! ...arrrrrgghh!

Is that supposed to be a reference to The Wicker Man?

They might have been.......The Cruel Shoes!

Well, when I read that sentence I saw this in my mind. Replace "shoes" with "bees" and whala :)

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

More gay cliffhangers at: .....

NO FUCKING KIDDING.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama

Hey craptree, where is your avatar from?

Here

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 3:21AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'm pretty sure it is a father, step-father or some other father like figure. My guess is she had some issues with him and left to live on her own without settling whatever issue it was, so she comes back now to settled it for good and move on to living with Kei. At least boyfriend, ex-boyfriend or w/e wouldn't really fit into story so far.

spacepowers

Sorry Kei, but I've just gotta do one more underground MMA fight and then I'm out of the game for good

Or that. It would be so funny if it was that xD

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 9:29PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

(me thru out this chapter) I like this series alot it doesn't have to much drama and is pretty melllow(sees last page) OH NO

last edited at Sep 1, 2015 11:15PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Thiaguinho-sama

Hey craptree, where is your avatar from?

Here

Thanks craptree.

Funny how people expect the worst because of some shoes, like others said a boyfriend don't really fit in the story, probably from her father, stepfather, older brother, uncle, grandfather or whoever raised her, just hope it don't take long to end whatever drama will come from this.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

She's currently unemployed so judging from how relatively carefree she was about everything up till now she should be still living at her parents' place. I think there is even a not-so-nice term for it; parasite single, I guess that's what it's called.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'd think this would follow it's thematic line of the MC growing, exploring, and becoming part of this new world (night-life, it's people, the music, etc) that she is experiencing, would be much more fitting for it to be her father with whom she has to deal with.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch04#18

Just check out panels four, five and seven. Composition and lightning and the effect they have are fantastic as always.

Emi's past just got mysterious. shrugs

joined Mar 25, 2013

Just check out panels four, five and seven. Composition and lightning and the effect they have are fantastic as always.

Not really. She's living with her boyfriend and they're having a rough time. She cheated on him as well (ch1). Nothing mysterious there. Here's hoping it doesn't turn to crap, since she's going to Kei's place (that's what it looks like)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Not really. She's living with her boyfriend and they're having a rough time. She cheated on him as well (ch1). Nothing mysterious there. Here's hoping it doesn't turn to crap, since she's going to Kei's place (that's what it looks like)

Just hope this does not turn into the the typical run-of-the-mill drama... sigh.

Kinda disappointed on that part, was expecting better.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Dun dun dun....it could go full on drama, but from how Kei has been written so far, I think she'll probably not overreact and will help out Emi with her problems. Kei's better than that drama shit....well I hope.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch04#2

"Muchos gracias!" --> "¡Muchas gracias!"

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I hope she dumps the guy soon

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Argh! They always have to be bi!

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Brrr...obligatory silly boyfriend who don't even had a name
but probably they need a context to answer how she know about sex and stuff since with Kei wasn't her first time obviously

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well... there's your drama folks. I knew it was too good to be true.

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

I don't care what happens next. I just need the next chapter !!
Ohh. Though i think kei already have a clue about emi's situation. Lol

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I hope the boyfriend is gone in the next chapter. I feel like he is just there to add drama.

And i have a bad feeling that Kei might see them together at some point and maybe even know the guy (hope not)

last edited at Sep 22, 2015 12:46AM

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

I hope the boyfriend is gone in the next chapter. I feel like he is just there to add drama.

And i have a bad feeling that Kei might see them together at some point and maybe even know the guy (hope not)

How could you think that, you monster! /s

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So from what I understood, their relationship is pretty much dead, they just didn't break up properly and keep on living together. Emi even thinks they already did break up, just because their situation is hopeless and past the point of no return. She clearly chose to go to Kei's place instead of her own, since she doesn't consider her bf, well, her bf. I don't see a problem with that?

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Argh! They always have to be bi!

What's wrong with that? Ladies loving ladies are all cool in my book xD Plus it's not confirm that she's bi, she could be pan or smthing ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯

last edited at Sep 22, 2015 3:53AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Obligatory over-reactions here as well. As Nevri said, Emi seems to consider they broke up already, the only pending issue is that they apparently didn't discuss it properly and still living in the same place. So doubt they even share the same bed or anything, else doubt Emi would actually think they broke up.

Main issue here is the same as already showed : Emi is a lazy bum that stays content with things as long as it doesn't affect her directly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.