Forum › Haru Ni discussion

joined Apr 15, 2013

Wait, is she getting on the train or in front of the train? The answer to this question will significantly change my opinion of this story.

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

Wait, is she getting on the train or in front of the train? The answer to this question will significantly change my opinion of this story.

Neither; it looks like she is waving good-bye as the train departs.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that was depressing

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

suicide?

joined Apr 15, 2013

Neither; it looks like she is waving good-bye as the train departs.

I mean, she's waving goodbye to the apparition of the friend. If the friend was on the train and she was just seeing her off, then we would have been shown the friend in the train or had some hint that she was on it. It seems pretty clear to me that she's waving goodbye to her past and moving on via train.

My question is whether this is a sad but hopeful ending, where she is leaving to meet her future, or a horrible ending, where a teenage girl commits suicide over a failed love.

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

I don't think she died. Most yuri manga end like that so I can see how we're trained to think any ambiguous ending means one of the characters is dead. I think it's about growing up, saying goodbye to their pasts.

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

I mean, she's waving goodbye to the apparition of the friend. If the friend was on the train and she was just seeing her off, then we would have been shown the friend in the train or had some hint that she was on it. It seems pretty clear to me that she's waving goodbye to her past and moving on via train.

My question is whether this is a sad but hopeful ending, where she is leaving to meet her future, or a horrible ending, where a teenage girl commits suicide over a failed love.

Yes, she is certainly waving good-bye to both her past and her friend's apparition. However, the fact that the crowd visible on p 26 has clearly disappeared by p 28 indicates that those people have just boarded the train (i.e. the train is not moving). Re never boarded the train.

I maintain that Re arrived at the train station with the hopes of a chance meeting with Fuyu. Re just happened to see Fuyu's apparition instead. Trains are a common form of transportation in Japan and for two friends to frequently meet at a given train station is perfectly normal.

Thus, I see no reason to believe an implied suicide.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I started this thinking it'd be the same as every other tragic graduation story, but it was much better than that! The idea of the sakura living on dead dreams is a good one. Looking forward to more of this creator's work!

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I started this thinking it'd be the same as every other tragic graduation story, but it was much better than that! The idea of the sakura living on dead dreams is a good one. Looking forward to more of this creator's work!

Good news, One Snowshoe is planning to do more in the future. So woot.

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Damn that depressing ending.

joined Mar 14, 2014

I thought that it was more her remembering that conversation as she got to that train station and it was the last time she saw her.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Not a fan of depressing stories, but I did really like the art, especially the eyes.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Um, no, this is not so esoteric as saying Bye to dreams, etc...
Re-chan confesses.... Fuyu-chan says I'm sorry
guess what happened kids, SHE GOT REJECTED.
She was saying Bye Bye to ever having a relationship w/ Fuyu-chan
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

last edited at Sep 15, 2015 11:10PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I knew those empty depressing looking eyes were not drawn "just to look empty AND depressing" The story itself IS depressing and the art doesn't help lighten the mood either -.-

last edited at Sep 15, 2015 11:17PM

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Where's the frickin Aaaaaaaangst tag?

I could have successfully enjoyed not reading any of this had it been so tagged.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Um, no, this is not so esoteric as saying Bye to dreams, etc...
Re-chan confesses.... Fuyu-chan says I'm sorry
guess what happened kids, SHE GOT REJECTED.
She was saying Bye Bye to ever having a relationship w/ Fuyu-chan
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

D:

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Where's the frickin Aaaaaaaangst tag?

I could have successfully enjoyed not reading any of this had it been so tagged.

Yes, I agree there should've been an Aaaangst tag. I made that tag suggestion. More of you might should do the same.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Well I have no idea what just happened. Is there a timeskip near the end? Was she really there? Did she commit suicide which explains the blood splatters at the start and end of the doujin?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Where can I buy a hug online? and if I can pirate it better

suicide?

No... NO! bad neko!

last edited at Sep 16, 2015 1:48AM

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

So I think Re was waiting for the train because she was going off to uni, I don't think she was committing suicide... As her train pulled in, Re waved goodbye to the apparition of her friend/love, and goodbye to her dream. Just like her friend, Re accepted her dream was nothing more than a fruitless fantasy, and so she let it go.

last edited at Sep 16, 2015 4:07AM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Ok first of all, page 10 was so Sakura trick xD
Second of all, uh why it gotta be so sad ;n; like there's nothing positive about this story... Hogs now I'm depressed great

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

God the eyes are so scary ;_; they remind me of horror mangas..

Aside from that, I don't think she suicided, just a rejected confession and some closure on the friendship.

Screen%20shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.16.20%20am
joined Jun 26, 2013

Pretty sure a piece of my heart just withered... At least she was ballsy enough to confess.
Knowing the girl as closely as the story portrays...she was probably well aware of the outcome.
Sadness.. ;~;

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

moral: don't ever fall in love with your straight best friend!

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

moral: don't ever fall in love with your straight best friend!

oh no. it's part of the initiation process.
dayum those eyes though

To reply you must either login or sign up.