Forum › Gamma discussion

joined Oct 17, 2012

On both Yuri and Miyuki's "favorite things" list, the sisters list each other as their favorite aspects of life.
Miyuki only lists Hikari as number three on her list, but now she's suddenly her most important person.

Heya, while I enjoy the current pairings I feel your pain. While the author is really cool and having a lot fun with writing the story, I thought it was just "normal"?, nothing ground-breaking nor earth-shattering. The yuri is a darn lovely bonus. Perhaps you could imagine some extra space between them. Like I don't think Miyuki will turn down any propositions from Yuri, maybe? ;D

I don't care for sluts, so I'm afraid I can't do that, and I'm not going to alter the story in my head to fit my own preferences, that's insanity.

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 2:17PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Right from the get go it's shit, because it was a bait-and-switch; the incest was teased very heavily for almost the entirety of the series, and now that's doomed.

Really? From what I saw the incest was treated as a huge joke right from the start, not particularly mutual or serious. Not that surprised it didn't go anywhere, even if it did it would have been fanservice at most.

On both Yuri and Miyuki's "favorite things" list, the sisters list each other as their favorite aspects of life.
Miyuki only lists Hikari as number three on her list, but now she's suddenly her most important person.

Although I agree with the bait n switch thing. Fact is that the yuri-incest was still treated as a joke all throughout. Don't really feel disappointing by it due to that. What disappoints me is the lack of build up to the pairings the manga end with, it is just so forced that we did not even see it happening, it just happened in the blink of an eye.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I personally saw these pairing coming a miles away, and considering it wasn't the focus of the story at all, I think it was well developed enough. Like someone said above, focusing to much on these relationship drama would have ruined the narrative in a way. The only thing which really surprised me are the sudden NSFW elements, it's like the author said "Screw it ! I want to draw some nipple !" It seems pretty random... (Not like I will complain but still).

By the way, please tell me I'm not the one who thought that Doctor Woe was inspired by Doctor Who right ? I mean his coffin is basically a Tardis...

I personally saw these pairing coming a miles away, and considering it wasn't the focus of the story at all, I think it was well developed enough. Like someone said above, focusing to much on these relationship drama would have ruined the narrative in a way. The only thing which really surprised me are the sudden NSFW elements, it's like the author said "Screw it ! I want to draw some nipple !" It seems pretty random... (Not like I will complain but still).

By the way, please tell me I'm not the one who thought that Doctor Woe was inspired by Doctor Who right ? I mean his coffin is basically a Tardis...

I totally agree with you and I was thinking the same thing about the Doctor who inspiration for Doctor woe.

Haha at least i get to see some ACTUAL YURI COUPLES, cuz fanservice doesn't really match up with my PURE YURI LOVING HEART... XD
NOw i also need YURI X MARINA HAPPEN SOON!

And btw what's up with the SUPER NUDE BODIES?! O////O

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Even when a manga gives actual yuri instead of just keeping it to subtext, people still complain. :/ I understand being disappointed if you were shipping the sisters together, but there was a lot of build-up for Hikaru ever since she was introduced into the story and the captain also makes sense.

Sure, it was a bit abrupt how they skipped over the confession, but the previous chapter already suggested that they were dating already.

I, for one, enjoy this manga for the story as much as the yuri. This chapter feels a bit rushed because of the various time skip, but beyond that, it's nice to see some progress plot wise.

joined Jul 8, 2013

OMFG. The only complaint I have is that I really wish we could've seen more of LITERALLY ANY OF THEIR RELATIONSHIPS develop. It's pretty clear that this series was cancelled with how quickly they rushed that shit and it's upsetting because I kind of love it.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I have to agree that the Hikari x Miyuki development was too abrupt. Even Yuri x Captain seemed to be more believable.

But yeah it seemed the author just went "screw it" with the pacing

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 8:15PM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

So people are upset over no incest, and it STILL has yuri, but ignore the fact the chapters are pretty rushed and time skips are kinda ruining an otherwise enjoyable story?

First world problems everyone.

Edit: say what you want Hikari and Miyuki make a cute couple.

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 10:00PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Miyuki and Hikari teaming up was the cutest, sweetest most badass thing to ever happen in the Yuri world, I don't even care about the turtle slow to warp speed pace we got.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Pretty great action in this non-stop action chapter.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i was loving this manga so much but i hate time skip sooo much and the last chapters are feeling soo rushed! D:

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 11:06PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Everyone's complaining about all kinds of things and the only thing I don't get is Miyuki's haircut. It's just not her.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Well since I'm just accepting the pacing as it is now, the action in this chapter was really great. Hikari and Miyuki teaming up to fight was pure awesomeness. I'm just surprised that Miyuki's arms didn't rip off from the force and speed of Hikari's boost.

I miss the incest. . . I thought it was serious.
I thought there would be cheating drama with Hikari, but no, just whiplash.
And the sudden NSFW just cheapens whatever Yuri remains here. bleh.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^ So am I the only one who actually ships the non incest couple in this manga? O.O Like for real I always felt Hikari and Miyuki were cute together D: and Yuri and the captain are hot (even if it hasn't happened yet.) Just saying I like whats happening here.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I have the feeling someone is going to die by the end. I hate that feeling.

joined Apr 6, 2013

^ So am I the only one who actually ships the non incest couple in this manga? O.O Like for real I always felt Hikari and Miyuki were cute together D: and Yuri and the captain are hot (even if it hasn't happened yet.) Just saying I like whats happening here.

I am never one to go the incest route, I have like nine brothers and sisters so I just don't see the appeal, but I was on board the Hikari/Miyuki ship from the start.

And the captain and Yuri's ship is growing on me.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Now, that was a badass fight. This would make for a great anime.

I miss the incest. . . I thought it was serious.
I thought there would be cheating drama with Hikari, but no, just whiplash.
And the sudden NSFW just cheapens whatever Yuri remains here. bleh.

Well, they just kinda explained that. The reason Miyuki was so clingy with Yuri was because she was acting as a replacement for Midori, the other Lily Cure. You can see this pretty early on, in fact. It was pure sisterly love. Then there's also the issue of Miyuki being a raging lesbian since forever, so maybe she was always half-serious, but in any case, Yuri was doing fine lately, and she met Hikari, who also needed her, and one thing led to another...

Yuri and the captain

Count me in! I'm totally shipping those 2 now. I can't wait to see them in action next chapter.

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

This is getting better and better! Are we near the final chapter?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This has gone full comic book and I love it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Seriously pretty cool and we got kisses too!

Edit: Updates are 2fast4me. KISS OF LIFE! and next up is the final chapter, hype.

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 3:25AM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The pacing is interesting here. Was there some sort of time/space limit placed on the series that forced the author to rush the later chapters? They totally skip over the 4 month period of training and surprise us with these upgraded powers and plans. I don't completely dislike it, but the rush also kind of turns what probably could have been an emotional bombshell into a dud since it seriously favors the action and hero stuff over any kind of immersive character building. It's probably also the reason many of you went "what?" when Hikari and Miyuki got together. (did I really need to spoiler that? probably not but whatever.) It was sudden and with no real build up because of the time skip and the focus away from the main recurring characters.

About the reveal in chapter 18 though, I'm disappointed in myself for not seeing it coming considering all of the Pretty Cures have been teams of at least two. It's also hinted at a bit in chapters 3 and 5 (maybe more, but I only noticed because I just finished rereading that far when I saw this chapter was up).

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

whats with the super unnecessary panty shot on page 104 of chapter 19?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Really, no build-up? Are we reading same manga?

Hikari's been intruding on sisters' alone time ever since she returned to being a hero!

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 7:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.