Forum › Cocytus discussion

Uuuhhh... Both fell in love with each other, one wanted to go all the way suddenly but PERIOD ISSUE refrained them, in the end they did do it.... They kinda went a lil fast with all those emotions and arousal right..n? But i still LOVE it cuz YURI LOVE FOREVER >~<

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Characters did not get the chance to grow nor develop.
Pretty weak for a plot that could've been more.
Abrupt ending.

Unsatisfying, shame, it had potential.

This would've been better as a one-shot, tbh. Would've not fixed it, but it wouldn't feel like such a lost potential.

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 4:34PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Lol okay that was a fucking weird series....thought this would have more chapters but ok.

Would like more character development BUT OK

joined Aug 6, 2015

Fin? What the fudge? I wanted more out of this one =[

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's fairly easy to extrapolate on that chapter and see that it probably ended up alright eventually but I can't help but feel that it really needed at least one more chapter to end things on a more solid note. It ends up feeling like it was wrapping things up then the author just decided that was enough randomly.

1a%20berserk%20jill
joined Aug 5, 2014

Kuroneko's character was my favourite. The way she stood against everyone, without even holding grudge or becoming agressive really inspired me.
My favourite part was when she heard Shiina say they were not friends. In any other manga, Kuroneko would just have left in tears and then take her distance from Shiina. But instead Kuroneko told everyone she kissed her. Kuroneko really is a wonderful human being.
Shiina was a realistic character, although she doesn't have a strong will like Kuroneko, she tries her best to be honest and I really liked the fact Shiina took the initiative of the first kiss.

Perfect series for me. I don't mind it ending up so quickly, the message of the author was properly conveyed. Who really cares if the two have to struggle in the future, or even worse, if Shiina fails in the end to overcome the difficulties and parts ways with Kuroneko? Both of them already learned a lot from this experience.

Same. Also, i can relate to some of the problems she have faced.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, this felt like there should have been another 20 pages or so

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Jesus Christ this chapter was completely all over the place, the sudden ending was just the icing on the cake

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Fin means End. The story is completed, sadly ;-;
Would have liked to see Shiina grow

Except that Fin is often used in manga to mean the end of a chapter, which we've already seen in a few series. It might mean End here, but you can't really count on that.

Ya, mangaka use Fin to mark end of chapters and end of manga, however, this one, if you read the table of contents, is over. there are 2 chapters of Cocytus and 3 chapters of Moratorium. I believe Moratorium is a different story.

Edit: Yeah, just read the raws for Moratorium. It's a different couple, and yeah, it's typical Kodama Naoko, but I THINK it ends kinda happy... I'm not quite sure, tbqh

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 7:57PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

... I enjoyed this. Ending included.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

That was an abrupt end to it, feels like it should have a third part to wrap things up properly. We don't even really have Shiino's answer to the confession.

Interesting story, though.

I think we all know what her answer is. And I think Shiina felt guilty because she would like to be as strong as Kuroneko, but she isn't. That's why she want to cry, from guilt... and from happines. Even if Shiina is such a coward Kuroneko still loves her.

I think that's a super important point actually. Kuroneko saw how Shiina got cold feet and went full coward on her, and still is able to love her completely. I think in the future, Shiina'd need to be helped along by Kuroneko, but I think the potential is there.

Yet. It is obvious she will overcome the social stigma in time. After all, she is not in some internet forum but in the 'real world'. It isn't easy to do something that will make you an outcast at your school, even if it is the right thing to do.

She slipped up once, and she very may well slip up again. But if Kuroneko can take it and move onward, and Shiina was able readily at least partially apologize for it, there's a lot more hope for their future.

Overall I'm content with this. It doesn't try to be anything more than the twoshot illuminating the difficulties of social pressure on relationships, and it does a fabulous job at that. Could it be more? Of course. Nisekoi started as a good oneshot that someone somewhere with power decided it could be made into something far more expansive. But the oneshot itself is very good sovereign for what box it fits itself under.

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

fin
Wait. What.

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 8:10PM

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

that was a quarter-assed ending yo. not pleased if it just ends like that.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Why does it say "completed"?

Cos that's it..I think that's the end of the whole thing

:/

joined Jun 11, 2015

Yeah. That's it.

The end. I'm glad someone translated the last chapter, so everyone can see how it ended. I bought the tank for this hoping for an extra chapter for a better closure, but there weren't any.

Moratorium is a better story, out of Kodama's stories, Moratorium may have the best ending out of all of them.

Just like Shiina's last words.

"Why do I feel like crying?" explains everyone's reactions to this ending.

joined Jul 31, 2014

Really sad to see this story completed. I've mixed feeling cus it end while it at the climax of the story. It ended so suddenly.
Hope to see continue in future cus want to see development both girls.
How they face other?
Will both of them keep it secret?
will she confess to kuroneko san?

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

well tbh even though this one ended quickly, I liked the story better than the authors "netsuzou trap" (I'm sorry if I spelled wrong), the story had potential for more chapters, but it is what it is.

joined Dec 3, 2013

Loved the story..
It's just...too short..
Want mooore ><"

Ev03
joined Jun 24, 2015

What!? That's it!? That's the story!? Awwwww~! I wanted more~!

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I personally liked this, but I also felt that it could've gone further in terms of... plot.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

It's hard to understand why such an abrupt ending when the history was starting to move in a pretty interesting way.

Seriously, I'd definitely prefer all that work on Netsuzou Trap were put on this one instead.

joined Jun 13, 2014

At the end is ch 2 when she said she felt like crying was she happy or sad?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was good. I give this points. All the points.
Wish it was longer though.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

That's the real #Aaaaaangst

Light_blue_429604_i0
joined Sep 28, 2014

At the end is ch 2 when she said she felt like crying was she happy or sad?

It could be interpreted in both ways - though it seems that Shina feels more sad than happy.

Happy that she isn't the only one feeling something for Kuroneko and that both parties have mutual feelings for each other.
Sad that even though her love is fulfilled, they can't go on because Shina knows that her "friendship" would be cut off if she were to enter into a relationship with Kuroneko OR they'd have to keep their relationship a secret (which most likely Kuroneko wouldn't oblige to do from how she's portrayed in this manga - given the fact that she lashed out after telling everyone that she and Shina would have went all the way if it weren't for their periods).

Shina would have to choose between her relationship with Kuroneko or her social standing with her classmates. Either way, she loses out in something.

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 2:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.