Forum › Lovesick Girl discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked this but I do think that kinda relationship isn't healthy in the long run - (though just because Maki is on the bottom and we don't see her reciprocate doesn't mean she NEVER does anything for Nico).

Even if they proffer those roles - I'd assume after a while & they get more comfortable it would even out more.

On the shipping war stuff - I don't remotely understand how thread posts have any baring on actual characters - if i love a pairing and saw lots of annoying posts excessively ranting their support - it wouldn't impact the things that made me like that couple? I would just dislike the annoying posts in question.

That said - when there is a clear and great pairing and then you see a doujin of a pairing setting them with others - that they probably hardly even spoke to - it makes no sense to me. You might as well pair them with darth vader.

But I'm not gonna go into those threads to slag the stories off - any pairings I don't like or get - I don't click those stories so its not a problem then. I might make the odd joke but to each their own.

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

I understand that the author likes to see Nico top which is fine honestly, but you can be a top and still be on the receiving end. I kind of wish that the author had her receive while topping because it makes it seem like Maki is just a pillow princess or like she has absolutely no interest in making the pleasure mutual. Also something seemed off with the pages? That might have been me not wearing my glasses though >_< either way great story VIVA LA YURI!!!

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I love how the people complaining about annoying shippers are indeed annoying themselves. You don't like NicoMaki shippers, we get it. We got it the first time you said it, You don't need to fucking repeat it on every NicoMaki post, goddammit.

joined Dec 12, 2014

Good Lord the love live fandom is such a train wreck.

Onto the story really don't like how the author has to have a top/bottom dynamic with these two. What happened to equal footing?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Good Lord the love live fandom is such a train wreck.

Onto the story really don't like how the author has to have a top/bottom dynamic with these two. What happened to equal footing?

You can still have an equal relationship even if they have preferred roles in sexual situations. I like that at least this is a story where they clearly respect each other and care about each others' needs and preferences.

joined Dec 12, 2014

You can still have an equal relationship even if they have preferred roles in sexual situations. I like that at least this is a story where they clearly respect each other and care about each others' needs and preferences.

I'm glad they do have respect & care for each other it just that the need to have a power balance just makes me uncomfortable if I'm making any sense. It reminds me all the yaoi manga I've read that have the obligatory seme/uke dynamic going on.

Been meaning to ask how do the moderators deal with all the stupidity the ll fandom has being on today or rather everyday it seems

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 3:07PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think so too. But I am pretty sure many did. I often think about how not even once did Sekihara let Maki top Nico.
Guess being a Tsundere fits to be a bottom most of the time... But I don't have a problem with this.. I just like seeing Maki tops cuz she looks so cool when she does. No offense to anyone.

Maki topping...This is what I live for faints

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Been meaning to ask how do the moderators deal with all the stupidity the ll fandom has being on today or rather everyday it seems

It's every day. I'd like to push forward a no-tolerance policy from here on.

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 3:11PM

joined Dec 12, 2014

It's every day. I'd like to push forward a no-tolerance policy from here on.

That'd be great.usually it starts with one person going on stating "why is X drawing X pairing when they normally do Y ship" it's like artist can't experiment with other ships even if for just a little while.

Went to see if there was any NozoUmi art just to see and what do you know someone did complain what is the artist doing? I know I shouldn't let read those comments but I can't help myself. Its disrespectful to the artist questioning what they choose to draw. This is possibly the only fandom that drives me up the wall and it's such a shame really.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm glad they do have respect & care for each other it just that the need to have a power balance just makes me uncomfortable if I'm making any sense. It reminds me all the yaoi manga I've read that have the obligatory seme/uke dynamic going on.

I like this a lot better because it's a negotiated set of roles rather than something set in stone. And it leaves the door open for later experimentation.

I just find it really rare to see this sort of discussion in a yuri story in the first place, it's really refreshing. Plus it's not like the one on top isn't getting any enjoyment out of it.

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

I like this a lot better because it's a negotiated set of roles rather than something set in stone. And it leaves the door open for later experimentation.

I just find it really rare to see this sort of discussion in a yuri story in the first place, it's really refreshing. Plus it's not like the one on top isn't getting any enjoyment out of it.

I also find this super refreshing. And fairly realistic since my friend is in this kind of relationship. But she's really happy being a giver and not really on the receiving side?

And plus, in this kind of story Nico might even be an ace (asexual) who doesn't really get off but likes getting her girlfriend off. TBH it really all comes down to the personal dynamic and how they work together. As long as Nico feels valued it's all good :)

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 8:22PM

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

"Also, I haven't toched Maki-chan recently!" Reminds me of a line in the earlier chapters...

/me squees, steals both lines for own character and runs off.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And plus, in this kind of story Nico might even be an ace (asexual) who doesn't really get off but likes getting her girlfriend off. TBH it really all comes down to the personal dynamic and how they work together. As long as Nico feels valued it's all good :)

It would be interesting to have an ace character, but she doesn't need to be for this to work. I mean I'm anything but ace, and I was in a long-term relationship where I was in Nico's position through most of it and things were fine.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

It would be interesting to have an ace character, but she doesn't need to be for this to work. I mean I'm anything but ace, and I was in a long-term relationship where I was in Nico's position through most of it and things were fine.

Oh wow... This is a good topic. I like reading this kinda stuff.
I am inexperience and this is probably off topic but uh I want to know if someone can get...uh you know by just watching the partner's... yeah that.. you guys probably know it...
Why does it feel like I'm crossing the line here...

Maybe that was what Nico was feeling when she's doing Maki?

joined Sep 11, 2014

I interpret nico as ambitious and strong willed but is self conscious about her body (reaction to Eli and nozomi's physiques in the anime) and questions whether she can actually accomplish her goals. So it's not so farfetched to have a normally bottom Maki reassure nico that she's desirable by touching her instead every so often. My interpretation doesn't represent everyone's image of nico, I guess, but I thought it'd be nice for a change in sekihara's normal dynamic

joined Sep 11, 2014

Also, in private tsunderation 2, nico is surprised that maki's never masturbated before and that it should come naturally to her. This might imply that nico masturbates, which shows she could enjoy physical pleasure. I guess nico just really likes to top; hopefully it's not just cause she's accommodating maki and putting up with not getting any.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I liked this one-shot. I liked how Nico and Maki are sensitive and respectful of each other's "needs". Even though Nico only was the "giver", both of them are happy and that's all that matters right? Would have been perfect without Rin though...

I hate Eli & Umi a lot.

FIGHT ME!!! JK. Seriously though this has nothing to do with the doujin lol.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 8:33AM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Also, in private tsunderation 2, nico is surprised that maki's never masturbated before and that it should come naturally to her. This might imply that nico masturbates, which shows she could enjoy physical pleasure. I guess nico just really likes to top; hopefully it's not just cause she's accommodating maki and putting up with not getting any.

I think the only reason Nico came up with those stupid lines like "see you feel uncomfortable looking down on me and standing on your knees so let's not do it lol" is that she's too shy or whatever to admit she actually wants it. Aaand Maki thought of it as well, although she never checked her version and just gave up at the beginning. So it is obvious to me that they have some kind of misunderstanding.

joined Jun 12, 2012

All this meta-talk in this thread is awful. It's ridiculous if hardcore NicoMaki fans openly complain about a doujin with a very obvious crack pairing, but the same can be said to anti-NicoMaki flamers trying to randomly start some war.

Man, LL fandom is so toxic sometimes; or maybe it's just this website.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All this meta-talk in this thread is awful. It's ridiculous if hardcore NicoMaki fans openly complain about a doujin with a very obvious crack pairing, but the same can be said to anti-NicoMaki flamers trying to randomly start some war.

Man, LL fandom is so toxic sometimes; or maybe it's just this website.

Please do not stir the pot. I don't want any more of this kind of thing, whether it's making a fuss about OTPs or complaining about those who do. Love Live! shipping wars are over on this reader if I have anything to say about it. Any further talk in either direction on this subject will be edited out. Fair warning to everyone.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Am i the only one here thinking that this kind of relationship is not really OK?

They both seem comfortable where they are. Nico prefers being the giver, Maki prefers being the receiver, so that's what they do. They both come to understand that and so it's a perfectly fine relationship to me.

Well, we are adults and we all understand that being comfortable with things like that ain't gonna last long, not long enough for a long-time relationships. Normal and healthy relationships are based on equality and mutual respect, and for one partner to show constant dominance over the other is not a good way to show love and trust. The 'receiver' girl will develop inferiority complex sooner or later, and we all know how that ends.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Yes top nico! I think it's fine if Sekihara want Nico to top forever, we can just go to Ooshima Tomo and see sub Nico when we want :D

Omg that's exaclty what i was thinking xDD

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Am i the only one here thinking that this kind of relationship is not really OK?

They both seem comfortable where they are. Nico prefers being the giver, Maki prefers being the receiver, so that's what they do. They both come to understand that and so it's a perfectly fine relationship to me.

Well, we are adults and we all understand that being comfortable with things like that ain't gonna last long, not long enough for a long-time relationships. Normal and healthy relationships are based on equality and mutual respect, and for one partner to show constant dominance over the other is not a good way to show love and trust. The 'receiver' girl will develop inferiority complex sooner or later, and we all know how that ends.

I understand what you mean, but Nico and Maki their relationship is still fresh and new and they're both still pretty young. In time I'm sure Nico will start longing for Making to touch her and Making will want to touch Nico. At this moment they're just not ready for that yet. And I mean the mood wasn't really perfect, Nico just dragged Maki onto her, and we know Maki, she'd never be able to do Nico in that kind of situation the way she is now.

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

Oh very true. It's definitely not a requirement to be ace for this sort of relationship to work. I just get excited about potential ace characters since the asexual spectrum is often left out.

(As a note though, I read this as a one-shot and not a continuation of the author's works so I'm not bringing any relations from the other doujinshis into this.)

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

I understand what you mean, but Nico and Maki their relationship is still fresh and new and they're both still pretty young. In time I'm sure Nico will start longing for Making to touch her and Making will want to touch Nico. At this moment they're just not ready for that yet. And I mean the mood wasn't really perfect, Nico just dragged Maki onto her, and we know Maki, she'd never be able to do Nico in that kind of situation the way she is now.

Yeah, that makes sense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.