Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wait, there are yuri-oriented shorts? Which ones?

None with any real yuri, but Morita-san wa Mukichi, Yama no Susume, and Aiura were said to be yuri friendly, I think. I don't actually watch shorts though, so I couldn't say for sure.

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

I think those shorts one pass as a romantic two girls friendship at least to me but woah!! a new YURI theme anime

joined Nov 11, 2010

The ones by Earth Star Entertainment in general, although I just checked and they only made 3 (within the last 9 months though) so they're not as prolific as I thought they were. Teekyuu in particular sports a strong degree of yuri fanservice; I wouldn't call either of the other ones especially explicit (just subtext, if that, within all-female casts), but Yama no Susume is also very very good.

Their upcoming Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku ni Naritai is also looking pretty good (if also fanservicey -- it's about female pro-wrestling, after all), but it's planned as a full series. Main point is that I noticed them sorta following Kirara in publishing lots of subtexty 4koma material, but really it is great to blow past that with a legit yuri series, much as I enjoy the other stuff.

last edited at Jun 14, 2013 10:29PM

joined May 31, 2013

The ones by Earth Star Entertainment in general, although I just checked and they only made 3 (within the last 9 months though) so they're not as prolific as I thought they were. Teekyuu in particular sports a strong degree of yuri fanservice; I wouldn't call either of the other ones especially explicit (just subtext, if that, within all-female casts), but Yama no Susume is also very very good.

Their upcoming Sekai de Ichiban ni Naritai is also looking pretty good (if also fanservicey -- it's about female pro-wrestling, after all), but it's planned as a full series. Main point is that I noticed them sorta following Kirara in publishing lots of subtexty 4koma material, but really it is great to blow past that with a legit yuri series, much as I enjoy the other stuff.

Morishima Akiko is a fan of female wrestling, im surprised she hasn't made a series about that yet.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

but Yama no Susume is also very very good

That comment and the following hour forced me to buy 4 more books just now, I hope you're happy! argh

joined Nov 11, 2010

but Yama no Susume is also very very good

That comment and the following hour forced me to buy 4 more books just now, I hope you're happy! argh

Haha. Pushing forward the ever revolving wheel of capitalism, I guess :P. Glad if you had a good time.

joined May 10, 2013

glad to see more yuri series will be animetized .. hope it will be as successful as yuru yuri :D

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yuru Yuri and Yuyushiki both require yuri-goggles, but you can see it even with the cheapest pair available, or even broken yuri-goggles. :D

A friend of mine pointed this out to me, and then I was like it's getting an anime!! So happy. fangirl-ing mode activated

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

Now am happy we finally get another yuri anime but I just hope it's not shorts, but proper episodes.
However, how does something like this get turned into anime while one of the best yuri mangas - Girlfriends- seems nowhere near it.

joined May 10, 2013

been watching all the new anime recently.. and i was so excited to see a bright future for Yuri :D

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Yes!! Finally... Now for more Anime adaptions, please. There are so many yuri titles out there worthy of an adaption.

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

On the subject of yuri anime there is also one thats coming out in 2014 called Akuma no Riddle cant wait

joined Jul 17, 2013

<3333 I love this! I cant wait for the adaptation!<333

joined Mar 23, 2013

However, how does something like this get turned into anime while one of the best yuri mangas - Girlfriends- seems nowhere near it.

Most anime is made to promote sales of the original source material. This is most effective when a manga is ongoing, because some portion of the increase in readership you get from new fans will carry forward to subsequent volumes, increasing profits long term, not just as a one-off back-catalog boost. As Girl Friends has been complete for three years and only has five volumes of material, the potential for increasing sales for the publisher is quite low.

Girl Friends was nearing its end at a time when Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana (both ongoing at the time of their adaptations and for a few years after, note) had just logged miserable DVD/BD sales, so it's not surprising Futabasha didn't see a very promising market in which it could recoup the significant costs of an anime adaptation.

The best thing you can all do, for other yuri manga even if it's too late for Girl Friends, is to buy the Sakura Trick BDs, and if you can't afford that (I import a lot but Japanese BDs are expensive, admittedly), import the manga. Those are the two things that will speak loudest to publishers about your desire to see more canon yuri in anime. If Sakura Trick bombs on video and has negligible effect on manga sales, get worried. If Akuma no Riddle also bombs, another dark age for canon yuri in anime like we had between 2009 and now is guaranteed, and it will be years before another publisher risks it.

So true about that last part, if these don't go well then we won't have any for some time again.

About this particular adaptation, fucking DEEN is making it, I'm already fearing for the worst.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

This is so freaking cute! Another manga to add to my favorites list, for sure!

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

...is this really going to be animated?..like kiniro moisaic?...for real???

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I wish Haruka would just get loud again

A
joined Aug 7, 2013

Hilarious XD I love love comedy+yuri+shoujo mangas/animes <3

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Omg this is...Oh my God...
Just eat her in kisses!

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Woo hoo! Finally, some real yuri in anime and not just shoujo-ai comedies! (although I'm not complaining about either)

I certainly am. It gets a little annoying when I have to interpret what I'm seeing and then realize, that at the end of the day the yuri was only a joke.

I'm glad this is getting an anime. It's moe enough to catch attention, has cute stories, and it's frickin' yuri, man. I have a feeling this is going to be a very good anime. And with Akuma no Riddle coming soon as well, there's more hope for another [hopefully better] yuri era. :D

Hgfd
YuriHouse
joined Jul 14, 2013

I've finished scanning the third (and latest) volume of Sakura Trick.
http://yurihou.se/?p=573

That's, ironically, no guarantee for more translated chapters though.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I've finished scanning the third (and latest) volume of Sakura Trick.
http://yurihou.se/?p=573

That's, ironically, no guarantee for more translated chapters though.

Better than nothing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Will I be able to wait for the anime when the raws are few clicks away? I don't even know if I can wait for the translated chapters! anyway thanks for your contribution!

PS: If the anime is just some 5 minutes clips, I will cry

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Will I be able to wait for the anime when the raws are few clicks away? I don't even know if I can wait for the translated chapters! anyway thanks for your contribution!

PS: If the anime is just some 5 minutes clips, I will cry

Hopefully not, the guys that greenlit it's production are the same that greenlit Yuyushiki and Kiniro Mosaic, both 4-komas turned into 24min episodes. (I think it was them, according to some discussions on the same topic)

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

That's, ironically, no guarantee for more translated chapters though

This has become such a staple of yuri scanlation that I don't think you can call it ironic anymore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.