Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

wow, this is a fun thread, lol.

I wouldn't blame you if you stopped, halmoni, although I would miss your translations.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Promoting it? it's not like I make any difference, most people already know about them, those who don't like it won't use it, and those who don't care already use it, and you said people like me? I use mangahere only for tsukomis and to know about new mangas as they upload almost everything translated, but I read on Batoto and Kissmanga, I never said anything about not buying it, I said that so maybe those who keep whining about paying for it will shut up, since it seens they're too dumb to notice that someone will typeset it and post somewhere, so they don't have reason to cry here because they're too poor to pay for it.

I implore you..please...just stop.

시발럼들아
joined Jun 22, 2015

Am Korean so I'm not really good at English so I might have to use Google translate.excuse me if my English is bad. All I have to say is if you don't like the sample you've just read then dont buy the next chapter. Don't talk shit about it. It's not like lezhin is begging you to buy the next chapters. And don't talk shit about lezhin if you don't even know how this site works. Most of the manHwa and manga that are posted on this site is free(same system as comico) except the 19+ man hwa and Mangas. And guess what? Lezhin is one of the most popular webtoon site in korea cause ppl actually do pay for this 19+ manhwas/Mangas. Manga/manhwa artists are not living for your free enjoyment... They are not wasting 4-5 hours drawing one page of manga for your FREE enjoyment ok? So Plz don't post next chapters of wdfs here or anywhere cause it's not FREE. Lezhin and the artist of this manwha is already having hard time since this annoying Chinese translators translated all chapters of wdfs and other lezhin manwhas in chinese and posted on their site without permission.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 11:52PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

REMINDER

Do NOT post links to translations of What Does the Fox Say, regardless of language here.

joined Jan 31, 2015

What Does The Fox Say IN ENGLISH http://bit.ly/1FxH90m !!!!!!11

I tried so hard to resist. I did.

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 12:05AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What Does The Fox Say IN ENGLISH http://bit.ly/1FxH90m !!!!!!11

I tried so hard to resist. I did.

A painful death awaits you, sir!

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Am Korean so I'm not really good at English so I might have to use Google translate.excuse me if my English is bad. All I have to say is if you don't like the sample you've just read then dont buy the next chapter. Don't talk shit about it. It's not like lezhin is begging you to buy the next chapters. And don't talk shit about lezhin if you don't even know how this site works. Most of the manHwa and manga that are posted on this site is free(same system as comico) except the 19+ man hwa and Mangas. And guess what? Lezhin is one of the most popular webtoon site in korea cause ppl actually do pay for this 19+ manhwas/Mangas. And Manga/manhwa artist live for your free enjoyment? You must be kidding right? Or you must be really young who never earned money by yourself . Nothing is free. This artists, They don't live for your fu**ING free enjoyment. They are not wasting 4-5 hours drawing one page of manga for your FREE enjoyment ok?plz grow up..
that's all i have to say.and last thing. Plz don't post next chapters of wdfs here or anywhere cause it's not FREE. Lezhin and the artist of this manwha is already having hard time since this annoying Chinese translators translated all chapters of wdfs and other lezhin manwhas on their site without permission.

+1 for your name LOL. Don't worry, if you read the credits page, you'll know that we have no intentions of posting not free chapters ANYWHERE. We know it's not legal. We're using a program so that international fans can use Lezhin to buy the chapters, but also read it in English instead of Korean. Do you know if Lezhin plans on taking legal action against the Chinese sites that have WDFS chapters on it?

우리는 유료만화를 여기에 무료로 올릴 생각 하나도 없습니다. 해외 팬분들이 WDFS를 사고, 우리 영어로 번녁한 버전을 레진 사이트애서 읽을 위해 "오버레이"라고한 프로그램을 사용하고 있습니다. 물론 WDFS를 읽고싶으면, 직접 사야됩니다.

그러나 아직도 중국 사이트에 무료로 올리고 있습니다. 4chan (/u/)으로 가면 중국 링크도 다 있습니다. 이 경우엔 어떻게 하면 좋을까요?

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Hey Halmoni, you're going to translate any other manhwa from Lezhin? They have more yuri? All manhwa cost 3 coins for chapter or each one have it's own price? How much cost to buy more than 21 coins?

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

So she looks younger than her 34 years and she's a smoker?

Sorry, biology does not work like that. Smoking prematurely ages the skin. She'd be lucky if she only looks 34 instead of older. Oh, and excessive alcohol consumption also accelerates the aging of skin, so she should really look like an old shoe by now.

Depends on the person and how long they smoked. I'm older than she is, I drank quite a lot in my 20s, and smoked some as well and people still think I'm in my 20s.

Well drinking doesn't affect outward looking age, and smoking "some" won't do it that bad. Plus if you're Asian and you
take care of your skin you automatically get like -10 to 15 depending on your looking age.

Drinking absolutely affects your outward-looking age. Alcohol causes the capillaries to expand, leading to spiderwebs of enlarged blood vessels nearer to the surface of the skin. Drinking dehydrates the skin, leading to deepening of existing wrinkles and general skin dryness. And heavy drinkers are chronically low in Vitamin A, which is necessary for the production of elastin and collagen--the two substances that provide shape and structure for your skin and keep it from sagging.

Spiderveins don't make you look older though. They are, in fact, something that happens but I know a lot of people with spiderveins who look 10 years younger than their age. Sure the insides of your wrists and the backs of your feet and hands will look worn, but the face will have virtually no effects. Effectively what you've narrowed it down to is "it dries your skin", and while this is true, the actual amount of dryness is significantly lower than, say, staying outside in the sun for longer than an hour. It's not enough to be considered a real factor because literally rubbing lotion on even once a day will more than take care of any damage that causes.

Heavy drinking is totally different than what I was getting at, because any substance in excess screws with multiple parts of your body. Shoot, there is research that proves that drinking milk in excess makes people over 500% more likely to develop bad acne, even without genetic influence. I didn't get an "alcoholic" vibe from the character (especially because she holds her liquor terribly which means she consumes vastly less alcohol to get to that state), but honestly she totally could be; in which case my entire argument is debunked. But all you have to do is literally use a good product like CeraVe or Aveeno right before you go to bed every day and research has shown phenomenally impressive retention of "young, healthy skin".

tl;dr she prob just uses good skin care products daily to keep herself nice and healthy with a good gene code to boot.

But I still don't like the pay-to-view business model.

Life is a pay-to-do-anything business model. The real world sucks, doesn't it?

TINSTAAFL - there is no such thing as a free lunch. True story.

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 1:51AM

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Spiderveins don't make you look older though. They are, in fact, something that happens but I know a lot of people with spiderveins who look 10 years younger than their age. Sure the insides of your wrists and the backs of your feet and hands will look worn, but the face will have virtually no effects. Effectively what you've narrowed it down to is "it dries your skin", and while this is true, the actual amount of dryness is significantly lower than, say, staying outside in the sun for longer than an hour. It's not enough to be considered a real factor because literally rubbing lotion on even once a day will more than take care of any damage that causes.

Fair enough.

Heavy drinking is totally different than what I was getting at, because any substance in excess screws with multiple parts of your body. Shoot, there is research that proves that drinking milk in excess makes people over 500% more likely to develop bad acne, even without genetic influence. I didn't get an "alcoholic" vibe from the character (especially because she holds her liquor terribly which means she consumes vastly less alcohol to get to that state), but honestly she totally could be; in which case my entire argument is debunked. But all you have to do is literally use a good product like CeraVe or Aveeno right before you go to bed every day and research has shown phenomenally impressive retention of "young, healthy skin".

And like I said, she's been drinking deeply and regularly enough that she has a reputation for her drunken behavior.

And when you combine even moderately heavy drinking with smoking with a diet of coffee and sandwiches and probably not much exercise outside of carnal activity, then you have a recipe for ageing fast and hard.

joined Apr 12, 2014

Woooowww the art is so pretty loving Korean artists

If I may ask, So I buy the chapters (hopefully can use paypal), how can one read it in english? I am just wondering, sorry if I sound dumb.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

^using the same overlay method as fluttering feelings if I am not mistaken

Will have to wait until I get a new phone before I can start reading the rest of the chapter.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

If I may ask, So I buy the chapters (hopefully can use paypal), how can one read it in english? I am just wondering, sorry if I sound dumb.

We're using a program called "Overtoon" (or overlay, whatever you prefer), created by Doonge from Odd Squad Scanlations. This will allow us to put our edited, English translations over the original Korean chapter, so that when you click the chapter, you'll be able to read it in English directly on the Lezhin website itself. It's the same program we're using for FF as well, and the credits page for chapter 1 contains the link to anon's overlay guide. You'll need to buy the chapter in order to read it, regardless of whether it's in English or Korean. We'll try to keep readers updated when we finish each chapter. You can test it out with chapter 1 on the Lezhin site, since it's up and running.

For android, I believe it uses whatever card you've linked with Google Play to pay. So I don't think paypal is required. I don't know how it is on the iOS app though. Make sure to verify your age as well on Lezhin, since WDFS is a mature manhwa. But if you come across a problem, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Hey Halmoni, you're going to translate any other manhwa from Lezhin? They have more yuri? All manhwa cost 3 coins for chapter or each one have it's own price? How much cost to buy more than 21 coins?

Not as of right now. I only translated WDFS because many international fans expressed an interest in reading it. The cost for chapters depends on the manhwa and the author.

Coin packages:
61 coins for ~$9.00
131 coins for ~$18.00
271 coins for ~$36.12
501 coins for ~$63.27
721 coins for ~$90.44

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 6:33AM

oh ok, well lucky me I have Android phone. I'll probably get it there then, since it is easier. Thank you very much, Also is fluttering feelings also on lezhin or what.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

oh ok, well lucky me I have Android phone. I'll probably get it there then, since it is easier. Thank you very much, Also is fluttering feelings also on lezhin or what.

FF is on comico, not lezhin. Comico has a different system for manhwa (the chapters are essentially "free", I suppose), which is why we're not as concerned about posting it to sites like Dynasty.

942301_10151455987491840_2065344422_n
joined Aug 26, 2011

I remembered just knowing about this manga yesterday and was looking for a translated one, but luck isn't on my side because it only has for Spanish...... so yeah. This is another one that is must to read. :)

grlsgirlsgurls
Tumblr_mlx3xqnffx1rsdifjo2_500
joined Mar 23, 2015

Do i have to check this thread for updates or will you guys upload a page (like the credits page for ch 1) onto dynasty?
This thread is getting so much discussion I find it hard to know when there's an update.

And do you plan on doing overtooning as fast for this as for FF - i.e. roughs on Thursdays? Not holding you to it just curious, i understand it's community service :)

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

What was that ending? She seems to enjoy, but because she's drunk(?)

joined Jun 23, 2015

Good job halmoni, FF then this, awesome stuffs make me want to spend money on. People get free stuffs so much they don't appreciate anymore. If I can donate to you somehow, I will definitely do. Keep it up grandma ;)

joined Apr 12, 2014
halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Good job halmoni, FF then this, awesome stuffs make me want to spend money on. People get free stuffs so much they don't appreciate anymore. If I can donate to you somehow, I will definitely do. Keep it up grandma ;)

Thanks! Just gimme yo card digits and we good
jk no donations pls I'm not doing this for money

http://www.lezhin.com/comic/what_does_the_fox_say how do i sign up q-q

I posted directions on how to make an account on page 2 of this thread, and directions on how to verify your age on page 4.

Do i have to check this thread for updates or will you guys upload a page (like the credits page for ch 1) onto dynasty?
This thread is getting so much discussion I find it hard to know when there's an update.

And do you plan on doing overtooning as fast for this as for FF - i.e. roughs on Thursdays? Not holding you to it just curious, i understand it's community service :)

You can check this thread, you can check tumblr, and you can check Seiyuuri.

No, we're only gonna put out an announcement once the final product is done. There won't be any rough drafts released.

joined May 20, 2013

I tried the overlay on the first chapter. In FF I used the script and later the add-on, in Chrome only the script. The results in all three cases were that the masks and English texts over them were quite off (toward the right and lower by a varying degree, sometimes being cut off at the right edge, too). Is there something I should be aware of, or a way to fix them? Note that I see the whole chapter as a single long vertical stream of pages, in case there are different view options.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I tried the overlay on the first chapter. In FF I used the script and later the add-on, in Chrome only the script. The results in all three cases were that the masks and English texts over them were quite off (toward the right and lower by a varying degree, sometimes being cut off at the right edge, too). Is there something I should be aware of, or a way to fix them? Note that I see the whole chapter as a single long vertical stream of pages, in case there are different view options.

By script do you mean the bookmark technique from anon's guide? It looks perfectly fine to me (I used Chrome + the bookmark method). There's only one viewing option. Maybe you should post a small screenshot so Kyra/Doonge/anon can help.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Why you've always had the power to read the overlays!
Just close your eyes, tap your heels together three times and say, "There's no genre like yuri~~~"

... I don't know what the hell that was.

But yeah, also specify if you have any addons/extensions in Chrome.

I personally have never seen the overlays "misplaced". They either appear (spectacularly) or ... don't appear at all (due to chapter not translated yet or temporary technical issues).

Ah heck, also, while this shouldn't make any difference at all, what operating system are you using?

And are you using any... non-normal DPI scaling or text font size or browser zoom level? (And if you do... ugh, I don't know if I should be talking to you anymore...)

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 8:31PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.