Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

16 is out!

One question : will wait to get even the translation of the other, or you will get out while the translation of the current ones ? Just to know ...

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

So, what exactly is the point of this discussion? As soon as the overlay is ready, someone will typeset it eventually, and it will end up on mangafox, mangahere and well, everywhere, so why complain about have to pay for it, when it'll be avaliable for free later?

That's true, but usually when that happens it gets taken down. And you gotta tell me what manga your profile pic is from. The art style looks familiar, but I can't pinpoint who's art it is.
>.<

Well, mangafox and mangahere are chinese, I don't think they'll care and will not take it down, but who knows, one way or other if you search you will find typeset of it, just give it some days, one week maybe.

My avatar is from Ratana, a one shot she's doing, here if you want the original image.

Yeah you're right the Chinese manga sites don't care. Probably why I go to dm9 to read Gangsta in raws.

And thx for the link, but I'm a lil afraid to click links in this discussion XD

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

16 is out!

One question : will wait to get even the translation of the other, or you will get out while the translation of the current ones ? Just to know ...

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking if we'll be uploading rough typesets onto our overlay like we do for FF? If so, the answer is no and that's just a personal decision that I made this time. I never liked the idea of rough draft typesets in the first place, and it wasn't my idea to start it, so for WDFS I'm not doing it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

16 is out!

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking if we'll be uploading rough typesets onto our overlay like we do for FF? If so, the answer is no and that's just a personal decision that I made this time. I never liked the idea of rough draft typesets in the first place, and it wasn't my idea to start it, so for WDFS I'm not doing it.

But of course if you stop doing it for FF, the fans will scream bloody murder I'm sure.

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

16 is out!

Sorry for my bad English.I try to explain better, you wait until you complete the work of all the chapters precedent? Or for example the 16 would work immediately and published before the others to follow a weekly basis? I am not speaking of rough, but I understand that the times do not match...Thank you, we appreciate all the quality of your work, because I understand that in these translations circulating sometimes even changes the substantive sense of what was expressed by the characters. I wait yours for make a definite opinion about certain passages of dialogue...

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

And thx for the link, but I'm a lil afraid to click links in this discussion XD

Don't worry. That link was to our Team Tumblr ;)

11231906_10207334537551612_6623802436543298745_n
joined Jun 11, 2013

Hey, I'm having trouble with the Overtooning. I was testing it out before I went to buy coins on Lehzin and found that it is just showing an error for Chapter 01.
The typeset is also quite messy, a similar problem to another post before.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but how would we be able to stream bought chapters on iOS devices with translation to English?

x

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 6:25PM

joined Jun 11, 2013

I can't read shet!!! This is the problem I have with manwha on this site. I'm straining my eyes just to get past the first few pages...

you can click "resize" on the top right hand corner to expand the photo.

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 6:16PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hey, I'm having trouble with the Overtooning. I was testing it out before I went to buy coins on Lehzin and found that it is just showing an error for Chapter 01.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but how would we be able to stream bought chapters on iOS devices with translation to English?

x

We only uploaded the high res version for the overlay (which is why it looks wonky for the low res free version). The low res English version is on Dynasty, since the chapter is free after all. If you want to, you could pay for the high res version of chapter 1, but I don't want people to spend more money than they have to. This won't matter for the rest of the chapters because they all have only one version.

I don't know if overlay is possible on mobile devices. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe someone else has. I do know however that if you want to read WDFS on your phone, you'll need to use a internet app (chrome, safari, etc.) to go onto Lezhin, and not the Lezhin app itself (the app doesn't have 19+ rated manhwa).

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

For people who are having trouble accessing the overlays, there are two things you need to check.

1. Check if we've actually translated the chapter.
- You can easily tell because translated chapters (which is only 1 for now) will have chapter titles in English, like so

2. Check that you're viewing the HD version of the raws
The HD box will be red like so.

Note that if you hover your mouse over the button when it's greyed out, it'll turn red but it doesn't mean you've paid. However, if you've actually paid for it, it'll always be red even if you don't hover your mouse over it

joined Jan 31, 2015

kyra:

1. Check if we've actually translated the chapter.
- You can easily tell because translated chapters (which is only 1 for now) will have chapter titles in English, like so
http://i.imgur.com/SnCgiXA.png

This is probably obvious, but you'll see the translated chapter titles only once you click the bookmarklet. However, if you have the addon installed, you will see the translated chapter titles right away.

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 12:03AM

joined Jun 11, 2013

x

We only uploaded the high res version for the overlay (which is why it looks wonky for the low res free version). The low res English version is on Dynasty, since the chapter is free after all. If you want to, you could pay for the high res version of chapter 1, but I don't want people to spend more money than they have to. This won't matter for the rest of the chapters because they all have only one version.

I don't know if overlay is possible on mobile devices. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe someone else has. I do know however that if you want to read WDFS on your phone, you'll need to use a internet app (chrome, safari, etc.) to go onto Lezhin, and not the Lezhin app itself (the app doesn't have 19+ rated manhwa).

I actually have the Lezhin app on my phone and can read the raw versions of all the chapters I have bought! Just wondering how one would put the overlay through mobile, but I guess that will hopefully be created in the future.

thank you,

x

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

kchao

Copy pasta from the official oddsquad thread. Obviously replace "naver" with "lezhin" for step 9 but the rest should still be the same

1°) click on the menu button of your phone while using google chrome app.
2°) click on the star top-right on the Chrome menu that appeared following step 1, so you make a bookmark out of the current website
3°) On the same menu, click on "favorites", which will give you the list of bookmarks and allow you to edit them
4°) click on the bookmark you whish to edit (the one made in step 2), and maintain pressure so instead of opening the bookmark, a menu appears.
5°) Select "edit bookmark" in the menu appeared at step 4.
6°) Give it a name starting with a dot "." then a recognizable name. for instance ".overtooning" (without the quotes).
7°) in the URL input, fill with GREAT application the following FULL CODE

javascript:(function() { var oss_js = document.createElement('script'); oss_js.type = 'text/javascript'; oss_js.src = 'http://static.oddsquad.org/js/naver.reader.oss.js'; document.body.appendChild(oss_js);})();

8°) Save the changes

Now you should have a fully operational bookmark.

9°) Browse naver, and in the address bar type ".over" (without the quotes) and check the autocomplete list. You should see the bookmark ".overtooning" appearing in the list (with a start next to its name, and the weird code following). Select it, and the magic should do its work.

joined Jan 31, 2015

kchao:

[...]

halmoni:

[...]

kchao:

I actually have the Lezhin app on my phone and can read the raw versions of all the chapters I have bought!

Ah, so you can actually see 19+ series in the app?

kchao:

Just wondering how one would put the overlay through mobile, but I guess that will hopefully be created in the future.

OK, for the topic of Overtooning in a mobile browser (as in Chrome, Safari on a phone or tablet, not the Lezhin mobile app)...

I haven't documented or mentioned this on bit.do/ffovertoon, because although I had once done a few tests to use Overtooning in a mobile browser for the FF series, it was rather inconclusive. Also, I only did it in Chrome on one device, an Android phone, but I couldn't check for other setups, such as Android tablets, iPhones, iPad, Safari instead of Chrome, so on.

But anyway, if you wish, you can attempt these steps in your mobile browser. Note that though I wrote these steps from looking at Chrome on Android, Chrome on iOS should be pretty much identical, and even Safari on iOS should be fairly similar.

1) Go to bit.do/ffovertoon.
2) Long tap the "Translate" bookmarklet link > Copy link address
3) Bookmark any page; could be that "ffovertoon" page. You bookmark by pressing on the "..." menu at the top right, then tapping on the star icon.
4) In the "URL" field for the bookmark you're about to add, select all the text that's in there and delete it all. Then Paste. You should see some code (gibberish for normal people :3 ) pasted in the textbox.
5) For the "Name" field, you can put anything. For this example, I will put "TRANSLATE".
6) Save
7) Now, go to the Lezhin website.
8) On the Lezhin website, load the page of a chapter.
9) While the page of the chapter is still open, tap the address bar, then type in the address bar "TRANSLATE".
10) You should see that bookmark that you just added in the autocomplete list. Tap that entry in the list.
The list should close and you see the page again. After a few seconds, you should see the overlay translation appear.

... OK, so here's where it went wrong for me, lawl. Though the overlay translation would successfully load into the page... after a few seconds, Chrome would crash. Now, keep in mind when I did this test, it was for FF. Also, I only tried it about 2-3 times, although the browser app would indeed always crash after a few seconds. It might be that my phone isn't powerful enough (not enough RAM maybe) and can't handle the awesomeness of Overtooning. :3

As I said, I didn't get the opportunity to test on other devices. So... if you feel like trying it out, be my guest. I'm also curious if this would work smoothly on other mobile devices.

Edit:
... Or alternatively, check out the post right above for the instructions from the Odd Squad site... Should've just checked on the Odd Squad site before typing all that up. 3:

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 2:03PM

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

Thanks for the translations <3
I was reading the second chapter with the bookmark method, but for some reason, after young!President said "It's cute" everything was still in Korean. Not sure why. I ended up going with the userscript and it fixed it.

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

Can someone please explain the end of ch. 3 for me? At the end Sumin says "she's just a kid." Is she referring to Sungji's physical age or Seju's childish words here?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Can someone please explain the end of ch. 3 for me? At the end Sumin says "she's just a kid." Is she referring to Sungji's physical age or Seju's childish words here?

I think it's more about age gap with Sungji :P That she is just a kid for her because she's 10 years younger and she feel attraction to her. Sth like "Sumin, stop thinking about her, she's just a kid" :)

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 4:50AM

Tumblr_ndoxqrqy3c1qeceb8o1_1280
joined Oct 30, 2014

This is awesome!!! Such a good start! I love it!!! Another korean yuri, after fluttering feelings.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

The Korean literally just says "Young child." It's a word that's typically used to describe very young children. So in this sense, like Alextasha already mentioned, Sumin is kinda berating herself for thinking about Sungji in an indecent manner because there's a 10 year age gap between them.

joined Mar 18, 2015

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1 THANKS FOR THIS MANHWA!

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Ok so I finally got through to the age verification and I unlocked chapter 10. I don't even know how, but I went back to unlock chapter 2 cause I don't wanna read ahead. And when I try to unlock it I get a dog who's sad and all these bullets with numbers and Korean under it. I don't know what it any of this means. Can somebody help me please?

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 3:37AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Ok so I finally got through to the age verification and I unlocked chapter 10. I don't even know how, but I went back to unlock chapter 2 cause I don't wanna read ahead. And when I try to unlock it I get a dog who's sad and all these bullets with numbers and Korean under it. I don't know what it any of this means. Can somebody help me please?

You know, people who knows Korean like halmoni could help you IF you would post image with that communique cuz it's kinda hard to guess What Does the Dog Say without seeing it :D

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 5:31AM

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

It is true that Author says Seju has only ever had sex with Sumin exept the mistake with a bartender?
(In ask.fm)

joined Mar 18, 2015

More please!

To reply you must either login or sign up.