Forum › After Hours discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I love the fact that it's extrovert x introvert. You don't see a lot of that nowadays.

1a%20berserk%20jill
joined Aug 5, 2014

Anyway, so far it looks promising. I don't like how fast they ended up in the bed though. I'm not big fan of "we just met and kinda hit it off so let's have sex" attitude. I wish there was little more character and relationship development before that, but I can overlook that.

This kind of things happens often in real life but i understand what you feel.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Adult life! Count me in!
I do not know this scene but as the artist is a DJ, I'm interested by what gonna be said about it (and girls of course ;} ufufufu )

Artist: http://snobby-snob.tumblr.com/about

Hjuj
joined Jun 29, 2014

Oh please, please let it not slip into a drama.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Adult life! Count me in!
I do not know this scene but as the artist is a DJ, I'm interested by what gonna be said about it (and girls of course ;} ufufufu )

Okay, that dramatically increases the chances this will focus on being a tour of Japanese nightlife more than throwing obstacles and sadness in the girls' paths (although that might happen a bit). It seems likely the point of this story is for the author to share their favourite things with the world, and that should show as things move forward.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Adult life! Count me in!

From reading the stuff there I think they're more an illustrator who works with a lot of DJs and stuff than an actual DJ (unless I missed something), but-- yeah either way that's pretty cool? Definitely an unusual and neat angle to be writing from.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I like the fresh new setting, but ill have to wait to see more of this before I form an opinion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, so far it looks promising. I don't like how fast they ended up in the bed though. I'm not big fan of "we just met and kinda hit it off so let's have sex" attitude. I wish there was little more character and relationship development before that, but I can overlook that.

I was thinking the same thing. Single adults going clubbing are prepared, or expect, for that kind of thing to happen (an eventual one-night stand). That she'd hit it off with a woman makes it more interesting.

At least, we were spared the "she has such long eyelashes, she smells nice, kyun~ (what the hell was that?), bu-bu-but we are both girls, etc." antics. Emi just went with the flow and it's not like she hated it.

And it doesn't mean the characters and relationships won't be detailed more later.

It's like the story where the sempai confesses right at the start. It makes things more interesting to watch.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I was thinking the same thing. Single adults going clubbing are prepared, or expect, for that kind of thing to happen (an eventual one-night stand). That she'd hit it off with a woman makes it more interesting.

At least, we were spared the "she has such long eyelashes, she smells nice, kyun~ (what the hell was that?), bu-bu-but we are both girls, etc." antics. Emi just went with the flow and it's not like she hated it.

And it doesn't mean the characters and relationships won't be detailed more later.

It's like the story where the sempai confesses right at the start. It makes things more interesting to watch.

I completely agree. I'm delighted we didn't have to spend 50+ chapters waiting for them to finally get together (looking at you Fluttering Feelings, I was so hyped for you >.>). All I ask was like 10 more pages, showing off Emi getting attracted and feeling like giving it a shot or something. But don't get me wrong. What we got wasn't bad.

I know it happens in real life. I don't like this attitude in real life too. I guess I'm just too pure and naive, so I want real relationship before sex.

joined Nov 30, 2011

In total agreement Nya-chan. You are also forgetting the next morning's freak out as well. Kinda glad this didn't take that annoying turn.

Nevri
Fluttering Feelings is moving along just fine, nothing in the characters' development has been unnecessary (ie. no pointless or useless drama).

And it's Ch.1. We'll have more than 10 pages of Emi possibly showing a growing attractedness towards Kei so no worries there.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

well, that escalated quickly

And yet, it didn't feel rushed. From a story-telling perspective, that take skill. Nor do we get that angsty, "OMG, what have I done?!? I need some distance now," cliché that usually follows a first chapter bedding. They just seem like a really cute, cozy couple with a lot yet to discover about each other.

An excellent start. Unique. Mature-ish characters. Superb pacing. Definitely goes on my Follow list.

Thanks for scanlating this. Looking forward to more.

Edit: Okay, weird... when I came to the comments page, it said there were only 25, and I didn't see any option to view page 2 or 3. Sorry if this post feels like it skipped half the discussion.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 12:26PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nevri
Fluttering Feelings is moving along just fine, nothing in the characters' development has been unnecessary (ie. no pointless or useless drama).

I know. I like FF so far. I'm just tired in general of waiting for main characters to get together, so I can have finally some good couple life. I got hyped by art and collage life setting and I didn't mind slow progress at first, but now I just want to see them as a couple.

joined Jul 8, 2013

It's just....everytime I see the adult life tag i just think to myself "somethings gonna go wrong. somethings gonna go wrong. somethings gonna go wrong. OH GOD IS THIS IT!? No. somethings gonna go wrong later tho."

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This is what I want, a relationship to develop through them being a couple, not development-by-drama cuz those usually are drama-driven only instead of romance-driven.

Not something we see often... Unfortunately that it's what I like the most, so I kinda have hopes for this one.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 2:11PM

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

i just feel like kei is exctly like those type of people that only really care about one thing (sex) and they'll say or do whatever it takes to get it. puts a bad taste in my mouth. i will admit that i am jumping to extreme conclusions but i really get that feeling from her (suave, calm, know all of the right things to say, and then BAM -- sex). would be so disappointing if my suspicions turn out to be true

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is what I want, a relationship to develop through them being a couple, not development-by-drama cuz those usually are drama-driven only instead of romance-driven.

Not something we see often... Unfortunately that it's what I like the most, so I kinda have hopes for this one.

What I want to see is Kei teaching Emi about her world and the things she loves, and getting all enthusiastic about it. And Emi in turn soaking it all in and learning to love it, and the both of them falling for each other in the process. A little conflict is fine, since Emi's probably got a past, and the prospect of being less free if a relationship starts might feel restrictive, but I'd like to see the overriding element just be the joy of sharing what you think is the best thing in the world.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I'm really hoping we get the reverse too and Emi taking Kei to the places she likes? That'd be nice.

also gotta have a chapter in nichoume yesplease

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

This series is definitely going to be unique. First hipster lesbian I've ever seen in yuri.

She didn't seem like a hipster to me. If she were a hipster she would have used the word ironic more and would have been more self righteous.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

This very much looks like it is going to be that best yuri manga I've read in a while.

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

this is really cute. kei's hair is ridic and amazing

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What I want to see is Kei teaching Emi about her world and the things she loves, and getting all enthusiastic about it. And Emi in turn soaking it all in and learning to love it, and the both of them falling for each other in the process. A little conflict is fine, since Emi's probably got a past, and the prospect of being less free if a relationship starts might feel restrictive, but I'd like to see the overriding element just be the joy of sharing what you think is the best thing in the world.

Relationship development by exploration and new experiences? That is also welcome. I'm fine if it add some bit of drama if it keeps the same refreshing tone it has so far instead of the typical melodrama.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I love Emi and (specially) Kei already. I feel this is going to be amazing, I'm glad it was picked up so soon! Subscribing ASAP

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

This has my attention seems cute and yet has the adult life tag, I'm going all in

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I really like this story, these characters, and this artist. I'm in to the end.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I have this suspicious they're gonna end up one of my most favorite couples ever.

I mean they're off to a great start. Now if they just continue to...well...love each other. And no, I don't mean that like a euphemism.

To reply you must either login or sign up.