Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

^
On the subject of Fate, in Hollow Ataraxia, Rider is totally gay for Mitsuzuri. And in Fate/Extra, you can play as a female character and romance Saber or Caster (both females).
But don't read any of Fate for the gay

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 1:59PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

^
On the subject of Fate, in Hollow Ataraxia, Rider is totally gay for Mitsuzuri.

Wait, at first I thought I was thinking of Hollow, but I took the screen from Heavens Feel Realta Nua http://imgur.com/WqmsxjL

Can you show me an example?

Comic book examples: Batwoman is prominently gay in all (Probably gets corrected by Nez) appearences, Rene Montoya too, but I don't know if she has her own series. I know that she was The second Question before relaunch
Edit: Wait, got that wrong, Secret Six had Scandal, Knockout and Liana where Scandal just wants both of them. Heh. Reboot was probably so hectic that nobody even cared that Gail just wrote a polygamous marriage proposal in her comic

Also, OEVN?

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 2:32PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

^
On the subject of Fate, in Hollow Ataraxia, Rider is totally gay for Mitsuzuri.

Can you show me an example?

You mean about Rider? To point specific scenes, I'd have to open Hollow Ataraxia (it'd also be very time-consuming, because of the way the scenes are organized), but Rider is usually seen running after Mitsuzuri whenever they're close. Rider is very interested in her (there is also the fact that in Stay Night she was feeding on her blood. Mitsuzuri is usually just very unconfortable 'round Rider (and running away from her). If you've got your goggles with you, I guess you might see some Rin/Sakura, Rin/Saber, Rider/Sakura throughout the series. Regardless, reading Fate (both Stay Night and Hollow Ataraxia) for the gay will be very frustrating.

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 2:57PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

trafi
Can you like, spoiler a little? That'd be cool.

well, the main character is in a healthy and cute relationship that has been build up for 2 seasons and all that is kinda crushed without much hope in the last 2 minutes of season 3

I've found a webseries called Anyone but me (3 short seasons). Kinda cute and even if the main girls can be frustrating sometimes, it looks likes it end well

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC0Z9cNoBuHR38J9bKn4wg

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 6:45PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I seriously can't believe I forgot Supercakes! Such an amazingly fun comic about a pair of lesbian superheroes, it's so good, guys! You gotta check it out.

Norainhere Uploader
HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

There's another movie, called So Close. It's 2002, Chinese (and completely unexpected. Had the surprise of my life when watching it).

It's kind of a bittersweet end but: A cop and assassin start working together (both gals). Assassin falls for cop, but cop remains oblivious until end (despite the numerous hints the assassin gives her lol).

As for the ending: The assassin kisses the cop and then vanishes, never to be seen from again.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Almost forgot the very well reviewed Duke of Burgundy. I heard it was like 50 shades of gray but with excellent plot and acting and it's about lesbian instead of horny businessman. Here's one of the many comparison between the two.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I finished season 2 of OITNB yesterday and that was pretty much the best season finale of anything I've ever seen. SO satisfying on like every end. First 3/4 of the season was pretty rough on the Alex x Piper and definitely not enough Alex in general but now the Alex x Piper is happening again and Piper knows what she wants. So looking forward to tomorrow.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Almost forgot the very well reviewed Duke of Burgundy. I heard it was like 50 shades of gray but with excellent plot and acting and it's about lesbian instead of horny businessman. Here's one of the many comparison between the two.

Oooooooooooooh...! This one sounds naughty! And there's no men in it either. :D

Elena Undone is SO good, very sweet and romantic, and the ine playing Elena is so stunningly pretty.

Just finished watching Duke of Burgundy, that was a little weird in places, but it was really cute too and way way better than 50 shades!

Also lol at that mannequin during the moth lectures.

last edited at Jun 11, 2015 7:11PM

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

I finished season 2 of OITNB yesterday and that was pretty much the best season finale of anything I've ever seen. SO satisfying on like every end. First 3/4 of the season was pretty rough on the Alex x Piper and definitely not enough Alex in general but now the Alex x Piper is happening again and Piper knows what she wants. So looking forward to tomorrow.

Btw Taylor schilling, the actor playing piper, is lesbian and dating Carrie Brownstein (Sleater Kinney member and creator of portlandia)

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

You might want to add Always Sometimes Monsters to the list. It's a game where you can choose your gender and sexual orientation. I've only ever heard of it, but never actually played one.

joined Sep 15, 2013

For movies you can also watch imagine me and you, it is a very popular movie with pretty fantastic actors, also since the movie is British it scores extra points for that amazing accent

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

For movies you can also watch imagine me and you, it is a very popular movie with pretty fantastic actors, also since the movie is British it scores extra points for that amazing accent

Also the guy here isn't a douche so this fits what you're looking for spacepowers!

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

When watching Out With Dad, Season 3, I had to pause the video and take in all the info slowly. I'm still pretty pissed. CLAIRE WAS PERFECT, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME. I'm a bit too invested in this show.

And the music is good, too. Coming from someone that pretty much listens to electric swing exclusively this is a huge feet "Side Swept" is definitely the best, so I was kinda bummed when they stopped using that song after season 2.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the help guys. Orange Is the New Black season 3 released today so I'm gonna marothon that, like every sane person should, and update the list afterwards.

I watched the first 2 spisodes of Orphan Black yesterday, seems like it's going to be a really good and interesting show.
I also watched DEBS. It's trashy and b movie-ish and awesome.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yeah, orphan black is really great. I just hope they don't prolong the series too much, I'm already a little afraid of what it will become if they go further than the 4 seasons planned.

And the Cosima is adorable, you just want to hug her when her everlasting smile disappear

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Just finished Anyone But Me, so I'm trying to watch Producing Juliet. It's getting of to a slow start, but it seems promising.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

There's another movie, called So Close. It's 2002, Chinese (and completely unexpected. Had the surprise of my life when watching it).

It's kind of a bittersweet end but: A cop and assassin start working together (both gals). Assassin falls for cop, but cop remains oblivious until end (despite the numerous hints the assassin gives her lol).

As for the ending: The assassin kisses the cop and then vanishes, never to be seen from again.

Oh man So Close. What a blast from the past. I really liked that movie. Thanks for reminding me about it. I kinda wanna rewatch it now haha.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

As always, thanks for the help. I updated everything except for Fate and Batwoman. Batwoman cause I don't know specific series or books that fit in here and Fate partly because of the same reason and partly because I don't know if it should be added to the list if it inevitably ends in disappointment. I'm actually thinking about leaving Alamut out of the list too but I don't wanna make the call because I haven't read it. So yeah, some additional voices about Fate?

OEVN means Original English Visual Novel. Like, apparently it's actually OELVN for Original English Language Visual Novel but I don't care.

OITNB Season 3 was awesome. I'd say not as good as season 2 but still a really good series. Showing that Alex is about to be killed 18 minutes before the season ends and then having a 15 minutes beach scene without showing what happens to Alex is a big no-no, though.
Also, every Alex-Piper-problem is Piper's fault. Piper's going pretty crazy in general, but in a 50% cool way. So it's 50% okay.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

http://www.gungnir.co.jp/lily/index2.html

Flowers is a VN (still in Japanese), the art is amazingly beautiful, and from what I hear, the writing is just as good as the art. Theres going to be four "volumes" following the seasons, with Spring and Summer currently out.

joined Aug 16, 2014

As always, thanks for the help. I updated everything except for Fate and Batwoman. Batwoman cause I don't know specific series or books that fit in here and Fate partly because of the same reason and partly because I don't know if it should be added to the list if it inevitably ends in disappointment. I'm actually thinking about leaving Alamut out of the list too but I don't wanna make the call because I haven't read it. So yeah, some additional voices about Fate?

OriginalGengar, I think the Fate VNs (Stay Night and Hollow Ataraxia) should definitely stay out (as I mentioned, it's not worth reading for the gay, which is minimal), but Fate/Extra (an RPG game for PSP) may be relevant. You can choose MC's gender and two of the servants which you can choose (Saber and Caster) are both girls and they'll both fall for you (regardless of gender). Romance is not the focus of this game, but at least in this one the girls will not end with a guy.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Seriously... I just discovered they started Orphan black followed by Lost girl on french TV this evening. I guess I will watch orphan black one more time and start Lost girl x)

I wonder if they gave the same french voice to all the clone, it can be interesting and even more horrible than usual dubs

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 3:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

TV Series: Sense8; one of the main characters is a (v. minor spoilers) trans woman in a lesbian relationship. I can't rate this one yet. I find the plot interesting and the characters likable but my rating will depend heavily on how it develops. On Netflix, definitely worth a watch.

I was interested until I saw "On Netflix". Because Canadian, not able to afford it in terms of money or bandwidth, and don't watch enough movies/TV to make it worthwhile, and obviously it's not going to stream elsewhere. So choice is torrent or not bother, and I dunno, torrenting it doesn't sit right so that leaves one option. Pity, the concept sounds good.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's a shame, maybe they'll release DVDs or something (I don't know how that Netflix original stuff works).

It's a pretty ambitious concept. I had some problems with the first season, but I'm interested enough that I will definitely watch the second season. It's written in part by J. Michael Straczynski from Babylon 5, so I trust that he has a long term plan.

Aren't the Wachowski's involved too?

To reply you must either login or sign up.