Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Anyone interested in putting a huge list in one comment of all the lesbian tv series (could be other countries too) and movies?
I know there a big list to fallow but I feel like I cant find anything anywhere to watch that I haven't already seen? if that makes sense lmao (heres hoping that in the huge list there might be something I've Haven't seen lel) who knows it might help as well those who are interested in finding something to watch :D. It will be greatly appreciated to the brave soul that would take on this request to write them down!! Or the ship pairing names could work too :D

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 12:33AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^The ones that come to mind right now, that aren't mentioned: I'll add links/organize later maybe...

(TV Shows + some Soaps)

[Please note, I didn't personally like or watch some of these, so not all of them have my 'blessing']

Ally McBeal (Ally/Ling) [Only a few episodes about it though]
All My Children (Marissa and Bianca)
American Horror Story Season 2 Only. Bad end but the story is amazing
Bones [A few episodes with Angela and her ex bad end]
Chicago Fire [Shay/Ex bad end, wouldn't watch]
Dates (Erika/Kate) [I've got no idea about this one]
Defiance (Kenya/Stahma) [1st season only bad end]
Desperate Housewives (One main character meets and leaves with another near the end seasons)
Guiding Light (Olivia/Natalia)
House M.D. (Thirteen + End Game)
Las Aparicio (Julia/Mariana) good end but would rec stopping when they first go out to avoid unnecessary poly storyline.
Les Revenants (Julie/Laure) [French ver. not sure about American]
Los Hombres de Paco (Pepa/Silvia) bad end b/c from what I heard death by gunshot
Marienhof (Kerstin/Juliette) [I've got no idea about this one]
Mistresses (Alex/Josslyn) [I've got no idea about this one]
Once and Again (Jessie/Katie) This one is really cute. Loved it.
Rookie Blue (Gail/Holly) Kind of bad end b/c Gail wants to adopt and Holly wants to accept a job elsewhere
Társas Játék (Dorka/Judit)
The Fosters (Main characters)
The Good Wife (Kalinda/Lana & Kalinda/couple of others)
The Killing Season 3 -- Bullet/Friend of Bullets Un-reciprocated pining + (major spoiler) Bullet dies
The OC (Marissa/Alex) bad end
The 100 (Clarke/Lexa) [I'd stop before the second to last episode]
True Love (Holly/Karen) Ebbed on the weird/dangerously creepy side, tbh. It was decent tho.
Verbotene Liebe (Rebecca/Marlene) bad end
Wentworth (Franky + Erica/Bridget) I love this show, and that's why I'm paying it special attention. Far, far better than OITB in my opinion, and far more underrated.

There are a few more I can't remember the names of, even more I'm probably forgetting, and far more that I don't know of.

Unrelated Side Note

Oh, and about Orange is the New Black -- I was severely disappointed. The whole thing was really boring to me...it had its moments (there were two I remember actually laughing out loud. Squirrel moment being one of them.) but honestly it was significantly worse than both the first and second season. I tuned out more than I actually watched.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:27PM

joined Sep 15, 2013

The O.C is just horrible, never watch it.

joined Sep 15, 2013

We really are missing so many of the popular shows right now, like grey's anatomy(calzona!!!), lost girl, pretty little liars and glee(glee pretty much has all the demographics covered doesn't it)

joined Sep 15, 2013

Also if you haven't watched it yet, watch rizzoli and isles and take a shot whenever you feel that this show is obviously gay, you will be blackout drunk by the end of the episode. Its probably the gayest non gay piece of art since stretch.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 6:51AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for those, I'll add them later. HypocriticalLiar seems to be the expert when it comes to yuri series with bad end.

For like, whoever hasn't seen it yet, there's a list in the first post.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

HypocriticalLiar seems to be the expert when it comes to yuri series with bad end.

lol! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. There were an unseemly amount with bad ends. orz

A couple of happy end movies (Thai) that were cute (well, the first one was, haven't seen the second) to break the trend:

Yes or No

Yes or No 2

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Bad end everywhere why?

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^Not sure what you meant by why and who you were talking to. If you were talking to me and meant, why I labeled so many series with bad ends:

In regards to the mini!list of series I mentioned above...

That list is basically the ones where the aforementioned couple actually get together (so no subtext). Bad end = They either break up, or one of them dies. [Speaking of which, I forgot to add a bad end to one of them lol]

Now if you're asking why so many series end up with bad ends...

Honestly, I think it's just for drama and playing with the audience's emotions. I mean, not that many straight (TV) series end up with happy ends either, unless the characters get together at the very end. I mean, look at Grey's Anatomy and McDreamy who dies rather pathetically. Look at House with House/Cuddy where House gets his poor heart broken (along with all the shippers who'd been shipping them together for like a good 6-ish seasons (i.e. episode 1). Look at the k-drama Sign, where the main character literally dies in the episode right before the end, leaving the girl that was in love with him, crying on his shoulder (when he's a ghost). I suppose it just hurts a lot more because there's not that many non-straight pairings to begin with...but if you're actually invested in the pairings (like I was with Sign, sigh ), it still hurts. </3

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:26PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

wow!! you really took it to heart ;.; thank. I really appreciate your hard work!! ;.; Ill go through the list and see if I can find something that I havent watched. Again greatly appreciated !!!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just to clarify. that list was there from the start. I'm not nice enough to do a list just because somebody asked.

Watched 2 seasons of Orphan Black and Imagine Me and You now They're both awesome, especially Orphan Black. Dreads are hot.
Four Faced Liar was okay, Elena Undone was pretty good

By the way, if they took every high school yuri manga and made prison yuri mangas instead, the world would be a better place. I seriously need Season 4 of Orange Is the New Black to happen soon.

joined Sep 15, 2013

So I finished watching skins, and the show was okay, different from the usual teenage drama shows that you generally watch, probably because it was British. Getting to the point. Add skins(the uk tv series) because there is undeniable goodness between Naomi and Emily. It ends very well between them and has probably the best monologue ever delivered or at least the one with most feels.

Tl;Dr: Add the uk tv series skins there is a lesbian main couple in the cast.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

So I finished watching skins, and the show was okay, different from the usual teenage drama shows that you generally watch, probably because it was British. Getting to the point. Add skins(the uk tv series) because there is undeniable goodness between Naomi and Emily. It ends very well between them and has probably the best monologue ever delivered or at least the one with most feels.

Except I heard one of them died in the movie. Cancer.

But if you avoid that then yeah.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Except I heard one of them died in the movie. Cancer.

But if you avoid that then yeah.

Oh, wow ouch. Hadn't seen that yet. Well fuck. Why. They were so good together :'(

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

if you haven't seen it, just pretend it didn't happen, easier that way.

Seems like such a random thing though, only after the series finished to bury your gays.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

By the way, if they took every high school yuri manga and made prison yuri mangas instead, the world would be a better place. I seriously need Season 4 of Orange Is the New Black to happen soon.

In a perfect world, every month there's a new season of Orange.

Haven't watch S3 and it's monday already, every second until weekend is excruciating. I need my fix of Poussey :(

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone knows some comedy movies with happy ends?

Haven't watch S3 and it's monday already, every second until weekend is excruciating. I need my fix of Poussey :(

S3 is worse than 1 and 2, I think, but still really strong.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yeah that's what I was thinking, all this definitely lack of light hearted story/romance. Sometimes not always being worried (with good reasons) that the girls will never end up/stay together can be great...

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 10:31AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah that's what I was thinking, all this definitely lack of light hearted story/romance. Sometimes not always being worried (with good reasons) that the girls will never end up/stay together can be great...

Both D.E.B.S and Imagine Me and You are pretty good for that, but yeah, there needs to be more.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

The only comedy that comes to my mind is Gray Matters, but they don't end together.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yeah I would love a romantic comedy about two girls in love.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

D.E.B.S. is sorta like that... but as a cheesy spy movie. xD
It's a fun movie.

EDIT: oh, someone already pointed it out.

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 5:44PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Sounds terrible, but it's a parody/comedy, so it might be excusable lol.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

haha, I didn't describe it when I mentioned it above, but if you check out Yes or No (if you haven't seen it yet), it's a college life romcom. Both girls get together in the end

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Faking It (lesbian main character; not too sure about this, haven't watched it but seems like bait)

I wouldn't call it bait. They might be baiting the main "pairing" Karmy, but it is far from being a yuri bait show. There are established lesbian and gay characters and pairings. While I was really iffy about the series before it premiered and it had its fair share of problems, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by it. I liked season 2 a lot more than season 1. It felt like the writers really did take the viewers' opinions and fixed the problems with season 1. Trailers for season 3 are getting iffy again, but for different reasons haha. Typical American trashy teen show problems, but nothing offensive.

I saw it mentioned once, but yeah Glee and Pretty Little Liars should also be on the list since they are also popular shows with established lesbian characters and pairings.

Oh and I haven't seen this movie mentioned yet: But I'm A Cheerleader. Cheerleader gets sent to straight camp, but we all know how that turns out. RomCom with happy end :)

Another movie I just remembered: Miao Miao. A lot of sweet and cute moments but sadly remains one sided

And a short 3 part mini-drama Wishing for Happiness. Bisexual main character. A story about the MC's search for happiness. I highly recommend watching this one. It'll only take 30 minutes of your day. No one gets together, but the story is more about the MC discovering herself than about the pairings.

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 7:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.