Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 23, 2013

I wonder why Out with dad is blocked for french people

Are you talking France or Quebec? Because the latter can be kinda weird when it comes to gays. Or anyone, really.

Weird when it comes to gays, wut? I do love that I'm not always excluded in contests and lotteries anymore now that I'm living in Ontario.

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 5:03PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ok, I just saw the new Adventure Time and Finn does NOT end up with Bubblegum, like at all. She just kisses his (and Jake's) forehead. I don't know why the person I read that from said that, hahaha. So yaaaay!

Oh yeah, in regards to the Steven Universe example here's a clip showing how it's really not subtext. It's a pretty spoilery scene though. Their relationship was confirmed as romantic by one of the storyboard artists/writers here.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Dragon age 3 game play is so much enjoyable that sometime i forgot about romance stuff. The character is not so bad but i wish could go out with other character like Morgan or Leliana.

See I've heard this...I know I should get my butt in gear and at least try it...

[Pls I've heard the Morrigan is back and I've been ridiculously excited about it, even if she's not main cast]

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh I play the second game! One of the supporting character which turns out to be the last boss tease the hero a lot regardless of the gender you choose (and will ask you to kiss her). If you play this and did not choose your hero to be female you're doing it VERY WRONG

EDIT: this is the character I was talking abt http://summonnight.wikia.com/wiki/Lynn

Yes but I wanted too keep all that a secret...oh well... but she's not exactly THE final boss

I don't think Gone home(pc) has been mentioned right?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Ok, I just saw the new Adventure Time and Finn does NOT end up with Bubblegum, like at all. She just kisses his (and Jake's) forehead. I don't know why the person I read that from said that, hahaha. So yaaaay!

Yaaaaay, we can strike my earlier nooooooo!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I just watched the season 1 finale of Orange Is the New Black and have to go to sleep now cause I only have like 5 hours left and and I'm pretty much in physical pain here. I can't even imagine how people who watched the show as it aired must have felt. Like, that's not a cliffhanger (5 cliffhangers, actually), that's just cruel.

Really good show, by the way, so many great characters. Fuck the fiancé, though.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Yes but I wanted too keep all that a secret...oh well... but she's not exactly THE final boss

I don't think Gone home(pc) has been mentioned right?

Whoops sorry. Well technically almost the final boss (I totally forgot about her master)

Gone home totally slip from my mind. I remember I starts to play the game purely because game news outlet won't shut up about it and pleasantly surprised with the story. I think nobody has mentioned it.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Gone Home is ridiculously scary. I swear to god, I had to play that blasted game in five minute intervals and I still never finished it. I think I got maybe halfway through? Supposedly it's a short game.

But I third the recommendation to put it on the list.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Surprised no one has mentioned Legend of Korra.

I haven't seen a lot of yuri outside of manga but there's this movie, Tipping the Velvet that is worth a watch.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I mentioned it! They main couple both dated guys at some point in the series, but they definitely end up together.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

So I just watched the season 1 finale of Orange Is the New Black and have to go to sleep now cause I only have like 5 hours left and and I'm pretty much in physical pain here. I can't even imagine how people who watched the show as it aired must have felt. Like, that's not a cliffhanger (5 cliffhangers, actually), that's just cruel.

Really good show, by the way, so many great characters. Fuck the fiancé, though.

OITNB season 2 and The Knick is the highlight of 2014 TV series for me.
Season 2 is, imo, 10 times better than season 1 And Piper character evolve a lot. I always like her, but in Season 2 I LOVE her

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Updated everything, I think. If you said something and it's not on the list, then I probably missed it, sorry.
As always, thanks for the help.

OITNB season 2 and The Knick is the highlight of 2014 TV series for me.
Season 2 is, imo, 10 times better than season 1 And Piper character evolve a lot. I always like her, but in Season 2 I LOVE her

You're not the first person to say the second season is way better, so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Updated everything, I think. If you said something and it's not on the list, then I probably missed it, sorry.

While Foxfire is an excelent movie, I think that the subtext tag may be useful. It's been sometime that I've watched it, but I think if you watch it only for the gay, you may be disappointed. Although I've watched it with goggles and found it to be pretty gay

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 7:09AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Alright, thanks. I'm guessing for all the entries (both movies + book)?

joined Aug 16, 2014

Since the list you sent before had the older movie, I think it's safe to add. I've not read the book (yet!), so I can't say for sure about it. I actually hope that the book is gayer. If I get my hands on it, I'll tell more.

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 7:15AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Apparently the adaption from 2012 is supposed to be more faithful to the book than the first one so I guess they're more or less the same. Knowledge by courtesy of wikipedia.

Anyways, actual confirmation from somebody that read the book would be really nice, thanks.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Remembered Alamut but there is a catch. Sara, one of the girls in Harem training gets very jealous when Halima, the newcomer doesn't shower her with affection 99% of the time buuuuuuuuut she fucks one of the assasins in training later anyway and Halima treated her like shit because of the constant jellyness

So actually it sucks in that regard but it 's still a good novel

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^should I put that down as subtext? And I probably should mark it as not worth reading for the yuri alone?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Well, Out with dad is really nice but I will not watch anything after the season 3 episode 22
I really don't like where this is going

Who want to bet on whether I keep my word ? I bet on no willpower and I will wwatch it anyway

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 11:40AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Sara has sex early on with her afair or it gets very etchy sketchy one touchy but that just stems from the doesn't-even really-know-what-a-man-is, we all love so much. Halima getting sick of her didn't help matters, self destructive yuri I guess?

The moments honestly caught me off guard and yeah not Yuri worthy without rose-tiinted glasses

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

There's a lot of lesbian romance on Kindle, but some of it is pretty god-awful. If you want silly tripe, the stories by Indigo Zephyr are good for a giggle, and Hellcat's Bounty by Renae Jones is my favourite. It's kind of a Firefly-ish story.

As for Warehouse 13, I loved that series, it's too bad they fucked it up after season 3.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

trafi
Can you like, spoiler a little? That'd be cool.

Maus
Alright, added it, thanks. Kinda hard to mark it without spoiling it, I hope that does the job.

Kitsune:
Thanks, I'll look through and add those stories later, Orange Is the New Black is waiting.

joined Aug 16, 2014

OriginalGengar, many of the movies I recommended are based on existing media, so you may want to add 'em: Lost & Delirious was, according to wikipedia, loosely based on a book named The Wives of Bath; Bye Bye Blondie on a book of the same name, same deal for My Summer of Love. La Vie d'Adèle was a graphic novel before being a movie (I recall some people saying the movie is much better, tho).

joined Aug 16, 2014

Also, some more stuff to add in novels (this time, ones that I've actually read and can vouch for):
Silhouette of a Sparrow: a YA novel. MC falls in love with a flapper (♥). It's quite the light reading, enjoyable, but don't expect a transcendental experience.
The Red Tree, by Caitlin Kiernan. It's an epistolary horror story, MC is a lesbian.
The Drowned Girl, by the same author. MC is a lesbian. This one is amazing. I actually don't know how to define it; it's kinda like an horror story, but has some surprisingly deep musings on the nature of hauntings.
Sputnik Sweetheart, by Haruki Murakami. Can't believe no one put that here yet. Be aware that, while it has lesbians, the love story isn't kinda the focus of the book.
Manji, by Jun'ichiro Tanizaki. It has a... love square, I guess? Anyways, the narrator has a very dysfunctional relationship with her husband, another woman and the lover of said woman.
Butch Fatale, Dyke Dick (yes, I know), by Christa Faust. I believe the title explains all. I usually don't read genre fiction, but this one was okay, I guess. Give it a try if you like detective fiction.
Girl meets boy (don't be fooled by the title), by Ali Smith. I actually don't remember too much about it, except that it was also a pretty light reading. And that it's gay.

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 1:29PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Maus
Alright, added it, thanks. Kinda hard to mark it without spoiling it, I hope that does the job.

Yeah, couldn't really think of anything else either

Another thing I remembered: Fate Stay/Night in the Fate Route has Rin Tohsaka discovering that Saber is one hell of of an closet key, making her shocked to find out that she was into girls (aka, bisexual since she pins for Shirou otherwise) during her sex scene with Saber but nothing else beyond this, since it's just to get one virgin ready for another but...

Heavens Feel has Rin seducing a student (Mitsuzuri Ayako)! But no wait, it's actually the servant Rider in disguise, to suck blood and supply herself with mana! ==Makes you wonder if Nasu actually had plans for the bi-thing and it was a in hindsight fridge brilliance

Also, all male are evil, confirmed by the what-if scenarios that could have happened if Rin had summoned Saber instead of Shirou

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 1:43PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.