Forum › Stretch discussion

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Your name is me.

Without the 1203.

I see what ya did there. I like it. ☺

I even made it rhyme. Look at me, I'm so clever, la la la la la...

(It sounds better read one two o three, as a note.)

Indeed.

...I still don't get it.

Is that bad?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

...I still don't get it.

Is that bad?

The chapter confused the fuck out of me.

I die for not liking zombies and glasses girls, and yet Takachi gets to make bad puns like that? Kneecaps demanded!

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Yes

Then I die ingloriously!

Basterd!

I see what you did there!

My favourite movie

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

Lol that chapter reminded me what my dad said of when he met my mom.. "when I met you mom she killed roaches with a slap" and my mom's answer was "Of course I slapped it! it was that or it would fly straight into my hair..." lmao.. well it was a nice chapter but I didnt understand why Ran was so unresponsive about keiko's greeting and everything.. loved the "ran, baby" part too lol XD thanks for always translating and posting!

joined Mar 28, 2014

...I still don't get it.

Is that bad?

The chapter confused the fuck out of me.

I die for not liking zombies and glasses girls, and yet Takachi gets to make bad puns like that? Kneecaps demanded!

I only know THESE caps. SO TAKE THEM AS MANY AS YOU WANT!

well it was a nice chapter but I didnt understand why Ran was so unresponsive about keiko's greeting and everything..

1) she was reading fluttering feelings
2) she figured Keiko is drunk
3) PMSing
4) pregnancy
5) ChocolateCakeLover made her mad

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 7:25PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

1) she was reading fluttering feelings
2) she figured Keiko is drunk
3) PMSing
4) pregnancy
5) ChocolateCakeLover made her mad

... I did? Nooooooo......

I'm sorry ran, your an exception.

Well, still a lot better without glasses, but that's still exceptional compared to others!

^More please.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 7:26PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Holy shit Ran is scary when she is mad O.O. And that ending lmao hahaha "Miss Ran" LMAO And Keiko was so out of characater (is that her true self lmao) today lmao Maybe she turns needy when Keiko isn't paying attention to her XD
edit:
WAIT JUST WENT BACK TO REREAD AND KEIKO SAID "RAN,BABY" lmao YASSS!!!\
also other than the fact Ran was reading a book could she be angry with Keiko for coming home drunk ? or maybe even "Drunk and Late?" if it is the case !! hehehehe they feel like a married couple hehehehehe

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 7:46PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Whoa... I didn't know that Ran could actually be even hotter than before...
I'd marry any woman that can slap a roach. (I've had traumatic events with roaches)

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 7:40PM

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

So... Who paied them to do that role acting? Well that beside RAN LOOKS SO HOT WITH GLASSES q

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I feel like such a minority in this... Is it even fair to call one guy a minority? An aberration better?

joined Jan 30, 2013

^hm? what you talking about Choco? <:c
whats concerning you my amigo <:(

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

^hm? what you talking about Choco? <:c
whats concerning you my amigo <:(

I'm the only one who doesn't think glasses are an improvement.

But, Skyrim just finished downloading (6 hours!) so finally, I've been waiting to play this again since ages ago!!

Shitty laptop means shitty graphics though, and getting used to the controls will be a bitch.

joined Jan 30, 2013

^ I got you :D its cool honestly I go off and on about glasses lol So I'm there with you. But she did look nice with on :D. And hey im there with the shitty graphic computer LMAO but you know what?! at least its a functioning computer xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

More seriously, it looks like Ran is reading the book she bought on their date. She's clearly comfortable enough with Keiko now that she's ready to show a side she'd only been hinting at before.

Keiko isn't used to Ran being serious, so she's left trying to provoke the response she's used to by being the silly one which she's definitely not used to. In a way, this chapter shows some significant progress in Ran's unseen side coming out, and Keiko "missing" the Ran she'd come to know.

joined Mar 28, 2014

From Ran-chaaan to Ran-sama - that sure escalated quickly lol and Ran is such a cat, always so independent and strong, yet you just can't help but want to cuddle her...

An aberration better?

A crab or a monkey?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Aberration as in deveating from the norm.

Even with my crappy laptop, looks better than the Xbox. Loading times are killer though.

joined Jan 30, 2013

More seriously, it looks like Ran is reading the book she bought on their date. She's clearly comfortable enough with Keiko now that she's ready to show a side she'd only been hinting at before.

Keiko isn't used to Ran being serious, so she's left trying to provoke the response she's used to by being the silly one which she's definitely not used to. In a way, this chapter shows some significant progress in Ran's unseen side coming out, and Keiko "missing" the Ran she'd come to know.

you are completely right, this also shows how close they are in their relationship as well. Things are getting better and better each chapter that we read.

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Colonal Cat

Hm, but what if said person has no inferiority complex and never has any idolization in stock for leaders, and recognizes no authority whatsoever? Were this not the case, radical left movements such as anarchy couldn't be possible.

There are people like that. It's just not the majority. Ultimately people who are informed anarchists hate government and leaders and all their bullsh but understand that after a certain point humans need a leadership group of some kind. It's a very masochistic political approach.

I saw much the same. And we've known Ran is an avid bookworm for some time, we just finally get to see what she's like when delved into a good story. When Keiko 'needed' her she helped without a complaint and also seemed quite happy to be doted on.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does one infer that

1) The book Ran's reading was the one picked up on their date
2) That there was a bookwormy side that Ran was hiding up till now?

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Thought the chapter was weird at first. But think back it did show how close they were.

Keiko come home late drunk, and obviously Ran was not happy due to the long wait or because she was left alone (obviously she wasn't really focusing on reading as she claimed). Not to mention Keiko acted all silly rather than showing any remorse so it pissed Ran even further off.

Ran going all helpless at the roach ended up breaking Ran moody feeling

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 8:53PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Too bad the Baby was the alcohol talking

joined Jan 30, 2013

^alcohol doesn't talk for you, that was literally what Keiko thought of Ran. The alcohol simply gave her the "freely feels" and she was more expressive and outgoing. This is the real kaiko talking, the alcohol only helps bring out your true self. Someone who is a dick when drunk is how they feel inwardly and talk about it outwardly (when drunk), therefore when drunk their true self comes out. Now this individual might be suppressing those feeling for the reason that it isnt appropriate in real life or people might think ill of them, but that's really how they are feeling "whether they feel guilty after or not is just a way to suppress their actual feeling again. Same thing with happy drunks, or with people that rape others and use the "it was the alcohol that made me do it excuse" NO THAT WAS YOU. and if the "ALCOHOL" made you do it, if you know you have those thoughts and feeling regarding that victim you just raped why get yourself in that situation of being drunk and then raping the other person? NO ALCOHOL isn't an excuse. Same thing with cheaters, if they cheat and they were drunk, internally they were the type of individual that were always thinking (or at some point thought) of being with other man or woman (or at least they were curious about doing it). You got yourself drunk put yourself in that situation and then proceeded to do what you really desired. err uh oh lmao it sounds like i took this way out of hand lmao I sound like I was like angry hahahaha maybe I felt real strong about this topic lmao anyways I meant no type of trouble by this just prob me ranting about drunk people and how usually alcohol is always used as an excuse for their actions lol Talk about me having some issues lmao
Anyways on a happy note, I think this was actually how Keiko felt about Ran :) So its a good thing XD

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 9:16PM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ahahaha, all those speed lines at the end. Does Ran know marital arts?

Considering her treatment of Keiko this chapter, I'm inclined to say yes. She's got the "angry wife" thing down.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Is that all!!!?? Oh man what about the part where Ran scolds Keiko for coming home drunk...
Well hopefully saving that for another ch lol ^_^ <3

I thought that the majority of the chapter, with the exception of the roach killing extraordinaire, was Ran scolding Keiko. She was entirely giving her the silent treatment with death glares on the side.

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does one infer that

1) The book Ran's reading was the one picked up on their date
2) That there was a bookwormy side that Ran was hiding up till now?

Well, there has been plenty of evidence that Ran is really, really smart. In the shopping chapter it certainly indicated that she is really into novels and Keiko isn't. (But Keiko agreed to read some because Ran wanted her to like the things she likes.)

I see no evidence that the book she is reading is one of the ones that Ran purchased. Based on the color of the cover, it is closer to the one that Keiko was looking at on financial planning for your old age. The ones that Ran was holding all had white covers.

BTW, the one title that we see in the shopping chapter is "Dogura Makura" which is obviously a slight change to "Dogure Magura", which is considered one of the best examples of modern Japanese avant garde fiction and a precursor to modern Japanese science fiction. It sounds very interesting, in a twisted way.

I loved this chapter. It really shows that they are totally used to living together and that Keiko, when uninhibited, treats Ran very much like she is her lover, not her buddy. That is a very interesting development, since Ran was the one who always seemed to be on the yuri side from the beginning...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a bit surprised nobody has twigged to the fact that the drunk salaryman coming home with sushi leftovers for his wife is a common thing in manga, and presumably sitcoms and such as well. Keiko's appearance on the first page is pulling that exact same act, and is surprised when Ran doesn't play along with the gag.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 9:32PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.