Forum › Love Me Tender at Midnight discussion

Emksz5tuyaupjuem
joined Apr 18, 2023

Hell yeahhhhhh

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Ok this one seems promising, I like that the mc is already out so we don't have to deal with the typical "but we're both girls!"/"can two women really fall in love" nonsense that is so common in gl stories. I was also relieved at the end that the girl wasn't one of her students or anything gross like that whew.
Also lol 404 men not found?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hell yeahhhhhh

<3

Ad3popdgqsfc1
joined Apr 18, 2023

peak peak peak peak peak thank you amazakai sensei thank you scanlators

3737720892d1604e82a1e6a88a44b5f5
joined Jul 29, 2024

I too, start tweaking when I see a cute girl. This looks like a great series.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Ooga

Can't wait to see how this unfolds! There's a lot to love here, but probably my favorite part was the students being so kind and concerned for her.

joined Apr 7, 2026

She seriously needs to immediately explain her situation so the other woman doesn't just think she's a perverted creep.

Img_20250820_231847_168
joined May 25, 2015

I ugly laughed for no reason at the end I have no explanation but this seems interesting!!

joined Jun 8, 2020

God con todo el afan de alagar

Pfp_2
joined Apr 6, 2021

I'm genuinely wondering why are there so many mangas about lesbian prostitution, it can't be such a common practice can it? Maybe it's a case of mangakas copying each other to death?

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm genuinely wondering why are there so many mangas about lesbian prostitution, it can't be such a common practice can it? Maybe it's a case of mangakas copying each other to death?

I doubt it's that many as a proportion of yuri. Yuri is hardly representative of reality. And it's a fun setup with various story potentials.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm genuinely wondering why are there so many mangas about lesbian prostitution, it can't be such a common practice can it? Maybe it's a case of mangakas copying each other to death?

I've been following the genre for a while now, and I think this trend has really picked up around 2020, with Asumi-chan being a big trend setter. There have been standout works long before that, like Shuninta's Not for Sale, but the sheer volume has grown a lot in the 2020s. I cannot prove a definitive link, but I also believe Nagata Kabi's debut in 2016 has broken a lot of walls around this topic (among others), too.

As for why, I think it doesn't have a single cause. What I can say is that 20 years ago, School life often seemed like the only major setting in the yuri genre, and it makes sense that as the audience who liked that back then grew older, they'd want more yuri featuring grown-ups. Hence the contemporaneous growth of Office lady yuri and, to a lesser degree, Idol yuri.

Getting into more speculative topics, while we in the West tend to focus on sexuality and romance, yuri as a genre has always had a strong undercurrent of female solidarity and empowerment, and I have read arguments that the latter have been the entire point from the start. The so-called "oldest profession", meanwhile, has always been a predominantly patriarchal institute, so reclaiming it entirely for women, if only in romance fiction, would align with the genre's origins and overall trajectory.

last edited at Sep 6, 2026 10:13AM

Gkne-8gbgaaml7a
joined Oct 7, 2025

LOOOL Amazaki Suika's Mc's are always so funny hehehe

Znsgti0paygh1
joined Sep 24, 2026

Ooga

Leaping%20cow
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oof that text at the end, she really can't catch a break x_x

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Surely she's not the same person

... honestly that would be the funniest twist, if it turned out she just looks like her and it's a coincidence, and it's never further developed or acknowledged. Never going to happen but I could almost believe it with Amazaki Suika's sense of humour :P

last edited at Sep 30, 2026 4:20AM

joined Aug 6, 2025

oh it's that trashy ex sighhh

joined Oct 23, 2025

ooo, she's got some honk shooo action going on.
If it is the same person, I can imagine her not wanting to get discovered on the job... gotta keep those lives separate if you can.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

Surely she's not the same person

... honestly that would be the funniest twist, if it turned out she just looks like her and it's a coincidence, and it's never further developed or acknowledged. Never going to happen but I could almost believe it with Amazaki Suika's sense of humour :P

she even lampshaded what a cliche it is, so it would be kind of funny if it turned out they weren't the same person after all

Chinchilla
joined Apr 28, 2022

I just adore how much the kids worry about her lol.

Also screw that other teacher. She literally blamed her for catching the Flu like she did it on purpose.

Curious to see how long this "doppelganger" shtick lasts before the cat is out of the bag.

I do agree with others it would be funny if it's not actually the same person and they do just slightly look alike. Especially if she gets the courage to strike up a convo at work and it brings them closer lol. But I mean come on it's her right...? RIGHT?

Also that's the shitty ex that's randomly gonna show up next chapter? I didn't expect to see an ex so soon to screw her up even more and force her to get even less sleep.

last edited at Sep 30, 2026 9:08AM

radioactive_handholding
Screenshot2026-03-2303050
joined Mar 22, 2026

Surely she's not the same person

... honestly that would be the funniest twist, if it turned out she just looks like her and it's a coincidence, and it's never further developed or acknowledged. Never going to happen but I could almost believe it with Amazaki Suika's sense of humour :P

Damn I never considered this, that would be actually interesting xd.

What a chapter btw, so yuri it burns

C6w4tblwoaaksdj
joined Mar 25, 2021

I knew I recognized this style... We're back with peak!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Also that's the shitty ex that's randomly gonna show up next chapter? I didn't expect to see an ex so soon to screw her up even more and force her to get even less sleep.

She didn't even get a face in ch1, which makes me doubt we'll actually see her but who knows

joined May 28, 2026

I'll echo the existing sentiment that Tsuki-san and Mutou-san being different people in the end would be pretty great, and a twist on the expected trope. A variation on that would them being sisters, and Mutou being the "serious" one and Tsuki being the "fun/free spirit" one, though that feels like development that would lend to more drama stuff than the usual lighthearted style that the author seems to go for.

I want to know more about her backstory if anything, though. That dream/flashback to her mom seemingly abandoning her makes me think there's a lot going on under the surface beyond just her ex cheating on her and her giving up on love because of that. Attachment/abandonment issues stemming from childhood is a very established facet of this sort of thing, so perhaps there'll be an arc that involves her reconciling or making peace with being "left behind" throughout her life.

Ava-min
joined Dec 8, 2022

The two being completely different characters with no connection whatsoever would create some interesting ways the story could develop. Like - Subaru reveals that to her co-worker that she has been seeing an escort (certain that the two are the same people and accidentally outing herself in the process). But while Mutou is shocked to find out that she has a double-ganger working this kind of profession this also gives an opening for the two of them to now grow closer (especially sinds Mutou now knows that Subaru is both into girls and finds her personally to be physically attractive).

But - yeah - it's unlikely that something like this will happen. Probably either - they are the same person - or - they are (twin-)sisters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.