Forum › Sawa & Asahi's Recipe discussion

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Four chapters were released before it was cancelled due to the author's health issues. There's an announcement regarding the cancellation on the publisher's site.

...Such a good story.
It's a shame that they cancel it. /)_(...

I would like to say something about eating in silence though
I think it's pretty common to some families because eating in silence means appreciate the food and digging in the atmosphere in that place, and that try not to get us choked x'D

Eating while talking may end up choking.
It's a bad idea
So eating in silence is what we usually do x'D

Oshima sensei...
I think I like the characters you have portrayed in this manga. They are beautiful.
They may only have normal occupation,for example a liquor delivery driver but still..it just feels right x'D

I don't know how to explain this though
So thank you for the manga!

I think I'll reply with
"thank you for the meal!"

last edited at Sep 4, 2026 5:32AM

joined Feb 25, 2025

I think this manga got discontinued in 2023. Now that we are on the topic I don’t remember any manga that got officially discontinued due to author health coming back from the dead but I hope this one comes back, I love the artstyle

Oh yeah I don't expect to see this work continued in the future, sorry I meant I hope to see more from the author in general once their health has improved.

I hope so too! And nono, don’t worry my comment is curiosity not that I believe you implied that at all!, I'm just really curious to know why when authors are in better health they don’t continue their officially discontinued work(s) even as pixiv doujin. Or why editorials or magazines doesn’t re-schedule with them. I assume is something about contracts and stuff with author agreeing to the official cancelation of the work forever or for too many years, or something like that?

last edited at Sep 4, 2026 10:31AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was so sweet. ^_^

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Yuri manga is miraculous. It can make you crave vegetable dishes.

However, the groceries we have access to in the average supermarket here... haaaah. No wonder I fell off veggies...

Screenshot%202026-08-22%2011.54.15%20pm
joined Aug 21, 2026

How tf is this cancelled and ongoing???

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't understand why Sawa and Asahi were acting like it was childish to accept a gift of vegetables.

Cyute
joined Apr 11, 2019

Ihavenoclue posted:

How tf is this cancelled and ongoing???

cancelled - the series
ongoing - the translation

Marlywalkwitmehiroki
joined Apr 4, 2020

Aw, and I was excited to tuck into a good ongoing run about an established couple. Will cherish what we do get, though.

Icon_tinymila
joined Jan 30, 2017

Man, this is such a comfy read. What a shame it had to be canceled :-(

I think this manga got discontinued in 2023. Now that we are on the topic I don’t remember any manga that got officially discontinued due to author health coming back from the dead but I hope this one comes back, I love the artstyle

I'm still holding hope for Shinmai Shimai and Machikado Mazoku.

Alpha2
joined Jan 17, 2024

ngl Takumi-kun kinda got her good

Umistarslove
joined Aug 19, 2022

ngl Takumi-kun kinda got her good

Kids can be mysterious beings sometimes.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank you once again, grandpa! ^_^

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I don't know why, but I really enjoy this.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What’s that TV line at the beginning of both of the chapters saying? It’d be cool if this got an adaptation, but I’m sure it didn’t since I see it was unfortunately cancelled after 4 chapters due to health issues… is this promoting a real cooking show or something like that?

Man, this is such a comfy read. What a shame it had to be canceled :-(

I think this manga got discontinued in 2023. Now that we are on the topic I don’t remember any manga that got officially discontinued due to author health coming back from the dead but I hope this one comes back, I love the artstyle

I'm still holding hope for Shinmai Shimai and Machikado Mazoku.

Are they on hiatus right now? That’s a shame, I’m not caught up on them. I’m personally holding hope for How To Break a Triangle, but it’s been a while so I’m not too hopeful…

last edited at Sep 29, 2026 4:48PM

Dandylion
joined May 15, 2025

What’s that TV line at the beginning of both of the chapters saying? It’d be cool if this got an adaptation, but I’m sure it didn’t since I see everyone was unfortunately cancelled after 4 chapters due to health issues… is this promoting a real cooking show or something like that?

It's promoting the live-action adaptation of this mangaka's previous work "Iburigurashi." It's not yuri, but it's also food-centric!

Screenshot%202026-08-22%2011.54.15%20pm
joined Aug 21, 2026

right-handed soba enjoyers clean kitchen

edit: why is this both cancelled and ongoing please just pick one

last edited at Sep 28, 2026 10:49PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

when your new neighbors are just as autistic as you and the vibes are good.

Yashi "standing man emoji" ro is an ally and has more important things to be passionate about than judging people. Like food. ough

last edited at Sep 28, 2026 11:38PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This series is great. Now when someone catches me looking at yuri manga, I can say, I just read it for the the cleaning tips.

Haenwaybcaeclth
joined Sep 14, 2025

he is just a chill guy all along lol

joined Mar 31, 2025

I don't understand why Sawa and Asahi were acting like it was childish to accept a gift of vegetables.

Sometimes it's considered polite to refuse a gift if it would go to waste. It would be bad if it just rotted away. I think maybe she's saying it's childish not to have restraint, like saying her eyes were bigger than her stomach.

joined Mar 31, 2025

I think this manga got discontinued in 2023. Now that we are on the topic I don’t remember any manga that got officially discontinued due to author health coming back from the dead but I hope this one comes back, I love the artstyle

Oh yeah I don't expect to see this work continued in the future, sorry I meant I hope to see more from the author in general once their health has improved.

I hope so too! And nono, don’t worry my comment is curiosity not that I believe you implied that at all!, I'm just really curious to know why when authors are in better health they don’t continue their officially discontinued work(s) even as pixiv doujin. Or why editorials or magazines doesn’t re-schedule with them. I assume is something about contracts and stuff with author agreeing to the official cancelation of the work forever or for too many years, or something like that?

I don't know about specific contract and rights stuff, but the publishers might not see it as worthwhile to continue after a long break. They can't reserve them a spot, they need to find another series to put in the magazine. And then when they do come back, audiences may have lost interest. How popular the series was is a factor, I imagine.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I've been in that situation a few times before, it's definitely easy to assume the worst out of people, when in fact you're just as likely to stumble on someone who's totally easy going and cool like their new neighbor. Seeing them resolve their little argument was all sorts of sweet in any case ^_^

Dynastyscans_profpic
joined Jul 4, 2025

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Similarly, if all you've ever experienced is bigotry, it becomes safer to assume every stranger is a bigot until they reveal otherwise. It's not a healthy way to live, but it's never your fault for being made to feel that way.

I'm glad the guy has his priorities straight. I can't think of a better response to finding out someone is queer than "it's like finding out that someone is right-handed".

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't understand why Sawa and Asahi were acting like it was childish to accept a gift of vegetables.

Sometimes it's considered polite to refuse a gift if it would go to waste. It would be bad if it just rotted away. I think maybe she's saying it's childish not to have restraint, like saying her eyes were bigger than her stomach.

I guess that make sense. I was thinking it would be rude to turn down a gift, though.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Grandpa continues to help them out in various sometimes unexpected ways. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.