Forum › From the creator of Her Pet. My Joy

joined Dec 4, 2016

I was so fucking salty over this the moment that bed selfie scene appeared. No graduation to it, either; 0 to salty in under 2 seconds. And of course after the story concluded (with the obvious "oops I sent that to the wrong person" plot device) the saltiness had only intensified about a hundred fold, to the point where I was cranky for days about it and even ranted to my friend (and I usually keep such things to myself). So, so salty. If "My Pet" ends up with the bad end like that, Pito will prolly end up being a skipped artist for things in the future. My salty old heart just can't take it. lol

I'm going to have to agree. And I really wish they had more tags on Lezhin, because NTR is one of the things I really, really cannot stand. I had no idea that the series had NTR in it, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. (I found a file dump on mega, but I don't want to mass spread it, unless you want to dabble in this sort of genre.)

The summary for this series on Lezhin is as follows:

The school's fastest track star, Namsu. An old friend from the past, Hye-Yeon. Everyone's adorable sweetheart, Joy. High-school romance at it's best! The comic that made Pito one of the best in the GL genre.

How the latter two sentences are remotely true, is completely beyond me. So naturally, I'm also incredibly salty over the ending of this series.

The overall characters in this story are... well, the one that appealed to me is Namsu/Makoto. Joy/Megumi and Hye-Yeon/Sana don't really do it for me. Besides the obvious, glaring fact that Joy/Megumi is a frightening alternative to a Mary Sue, (loved by many, doesn't really have many defining traits except for being nice and wishy-washy to pretty much everyone until someone forces her to make a decision. -cough- Glasses girl -cough-) Hye-Yeon is on a whole other level. I don't ship her with anyone. Those chapters that present her back story is yet another one of those 'sob stories' that try and get you to pity the character in order to justify her subsequent actions.

Okay, so it's sad and very true that people often forget about you when you move away to a different city, or country, or school, but that doesn't justify condoning 'stealing away someone else's partner'. This ties in heavily with my dislike for NTR, but with the way Joy/Megumi worded it, she wanted to date the both of them. She was smart enough to realize that she couldn't continue to pretend to be that dense idiot and drag the two of them along and was then 'forced' to make a decision. 'Open' relations don't work when all parties involved are not aware of this happening. What, so Joy/Megumi thought it was okay, just to keep Namsu/Makoto in the dark? While Hye-Yeon/Sana was aware of it? That's already preferential treatment. She knows that the both of them love her. She knows she doesn't want to hurt their feelings, and she's the type of person to not want to offend or take to one particular person and yet that is already a clear indication otherwise. From the moment Hye-Yeon/Sana alludes to sleeping around casually as a form of 'self-discovery,' my liking for here character was already far from impressed. And by the Gods, the ending to this series is forced and so terribly written! Oh, so Namsu/Makoto just gets angry at Hye-Yeon/Sana the moment she sees that picture, but I think Joy/Megumi shares equal blame. So first off, she shouldn't be angry at Hye-Yeon/Sana only. But more importantly, they suddenly fall apart at the seams, no explanations for Namsu/Makoto are needed, and they just... break up? What the heck? Namsu/Makoto is kept in the dark throughout this whole exchange. That definitely sheds some light on Joy/Megumi as a person. She isn't idiotic, she knows the consequences. And she fails to do anything in prevention or alleviation of the problem. So then Namsu/Makoto is left with nothing. Cheated after earnestly pouring her heart and soul into their relationship, only to get slapped in the face, stomped to the curb, and left to deal with the aftermath alone. The last chapter alone has me frothing at the mouth. How can all this lack of explanation for the sudden fallout be something of a good series? Namsu/Makoto has her dream destroyed. She's clearly heartbroken. She has nothing left. And she still puts a smile on her face for Joy/Megumi.

Somebody, please. Explain this series to me. I am so lost at why things suddenly just went down the shitter.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 9:01PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Summary of the plot : shit happens. But life goes on.

I mean, that there would be shitty people, who would let you down, betray you no matter how much you love them and there would be NO HAPPY ENDING for you, is pretty much a fact of life.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I guess so. :/

joined Jan 18, 2016

Just read this manhwa to know whats its all about. Seems like people are too harsh about this series just because things didn't go the way they want. I, for one, really liked it, though agree that it was pretty painful to read.

I've watched and read lots of manga that deals with love triangles, most of them turned out pretty generic with the climax (ex. the other girls decided to gave up and support the girls that was chosen, etc) so It was pretty interesting how this was played out, the dilemma what Joy went through is the kind that i wanted some series to tackle on, and this was kinda not disappointing, as i agree that doing shit like that is going to blow up on her face sooner or later (but Namsu, man...) being nice sometimes can hurt other people feelings too.

I hated every character beside Namsu, ofc, but with some bit of backstories and insights that the author put on his/her work, i came to understand the characters POV more and more, and further made me liked/hated them more. Was pretty nice that i could feel this way for a made up character, so i think the author did a fine job at it.

But still, i disliked how the author just ended Namsu story there, feels a bit abrupt for a main character, especially right after the climax, while IMO Joy and Hye-yeon got a decent stop in the end. I don't need to know whether Namsu moved on, or still had a lingering feeling for Joy. Just need to see her again in the end to expand a little bit on how she has been doing, just a small panel to show that she was alright...

joined Nov 27, 2016

They are not the wisest of people
Especially Joy (* ̄m ̄)
But, I will admit that she is, in a way, a good portrayal of someone who meant no harm, but because of that everything blew up.
She's wishy-washy, Something like that

last edited at Jun 7, 2017 5:55PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

I hated the ending so much especially when you find out about the photo project at the end. Joy didn't love Hye-Yeon. She loved Namsu and probably realized that she fucked that up so she clung to Hye-Yeon in the end.

Edit: So I found an epilogue that makes the ending even more depressing. For some reason, Namsu stays friends with those 2 fucking awful girls.

last edited at Jun 8, 2017 9:26AM

joined Feb 28, 2017

I hated the ending so much especially when you find out about the photo project at the end. Joy didn't love Hye-Yeon. She loved Namsu and probably realized that she fucked that up so she clung to Hye-Yeon in the end.

Edit: So I found an epilogue that makes the ending even more depressing. For some reason, Namsu stays friends with those 2 fucking awful girls.

Where can I find this epilogue, I really want to read it? Is it just on Lezhin?

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 3:14PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

What the hell!? What a pathetic piece of shit of a story.

I'll never going to read anything from Pito ever again. Never considered him/her to be a good author anyway. Never liked Her Pet, much less this huge turd of a comic.

joined Mar 30, 2018

Stop seeing what you want to see and look at what story is actually about, Joy loved both of them and whole story is about her trying to make it work with both of them and if it wasn't for that accident where she send a picture things would have worked out.

last edited at Mar 30, 2018 4:28PM

joined Mar 30, 2018

Where can I find this epilogue, I really want to read it? Is it just on Lezhin?

Here it is

https://toonkor.com/%EB%82%98%EC%9D%98_%EB%B3%B4%EB%9E%8C_%EC%97%90%ED%95%84%EB%A1%9C%EA%B7%B8.html

joined Feb 21, 2018

It doesn't look like an actual epilogue. More like an alternate ending, makes sense since it was never released with the rest of the series.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Stop seeing what you want to see and look at what story is actually about, Joy loved both of them and whole story is about her trying to make it work with both of them and if it wasn't for that accident where she send a picture things would have worked out.

Sorry, but I'm 100% with leann123 here. The ending sucked and both Joy and Hye-Yeon are horrible people, but Joy is way, way worse.

So cheating and betraying Namsu and e enventually shattering her heart is a way of working things out? Bullshit. Sometimes you have to make a choice in life, deal with the implications and move on, sunshine. Sometimes you have to pick one or the other, you can't always have both. Joy fucked everything up because she was too much of a coward to make a choice. I know it was a hard choice to make, but if she had shown a little bit of personality and never considering cheating, she might had been a much more likeable character.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Both Joy and the story were utter garbage.

last edited at May 5, 2018 1:56AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Midnightgunner posted:

Sorry, but I'm 100% with OriginalOkami here.

I believe you meant leann123. OriginalOkami is quoting their post and disagreeing with them and you clearly seems to agreeing with what leann123 said in that quote.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner posted:

Sorry, but I'm 100% with OriginalOkami here.

I believe you meant leann123. OriginalOkami is quoting their post and disagreeing with them and you clearly seems to agreeing with what leann123 said in that quote.

Did I?

Edit:
Holy shit, I did! Fixed it, but thanks for pointing that up, buddy.

last edited at May 5, 2018 1:57AM

_1438592412698
joined Aug 31, 2015

What a troll ending lol.

I think people are too soft on Joy. She wasnt just trying to make everyone happy, she was shamelessly lying to Namsu and completely manipulating her. Then after Namsu found out she acted like it's no big deal. In the end Joy looks like a bit of a psychopath to me. The final scene suggests she was repressing her feelings but the resolution is too abrupt to be sure.

The worst thing about it all is how the 'twist' is revealed by completely changing the earlier scene where Joy tells Hye-yeon that she is going out with Namsu. This and the lack of closure is really what makes it a troll end rather than a bad end so no surprise people are salty.

Also the completely random fall off the stairs and break my ankle moment. Way to add injury to injury Pito.

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 2:47PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ouch, that ending was quite brutal. I have to give the author credit that took guts. Nothing will piss people of more than a dose of real world ugly to finish off a fairy tale. Not a bad story all in all. Unlike so many other fluffy yuri tales, I won't be forgetting this one.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 10:21PM

so basically, she was like u can fuk me (so that i don't feel so bad about fuking the other one)

sounds probable
but this shit is not enjoyable man, rather take a telephone pole up my ass

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 10:05PM by

joined Mar 12, 2019

Honestly I dislike the fact that people here are defending Namsu when she was equally at fault for jumping to conclusions and constantly accusing Hye Yeon of seducing Joy. She said a lot of nasty things to Hye Yeon, and pushed her around and kinda verbally harrassed her when she, if you observe closely, did nothing wrong. The REAL bad guy here is Joy, and ONLY Joy.

The chick with the glasses constantly reminds the two doofuses that Joy is not a healthy person to be around, but they do anyway, and hurts themselves in the process.

Hye Yeon never seduced Joy, and she didn’t rape her or sexually assault her either. In Asian countries, it is normal to take weird selfies together where girls are playfully holding hands or kissing or naked to show their buddies lol. I can say this as a Korean chick. Anyway, She was just a loyal “lapdog” of some sort who was stupid enough to believe that Joy was a good person.

This manga was made to show that people are not what they seem on the surface, and I was actually fond of the twist in which Joy was painted as the worst person ever. The manga teaches people that people who seem kind and too good to be true put up a facade to ignorantly validate themselves. Joy never cared about Namsu and Hye Yeon at all. She just needed people who depended on her to validate herself. Such facades are dangerous in real life.

Bottom line, every shitty thing that happened all points back to Joy. Had Joy directly told Namsu that it was all just an accusation and explained what had happened, none of this mess would have been made. But then again, Joy is an evil bitch who doesn’t consider others’ feelings so she didn’t have the heart to do something so simple for the sake of others. If you take a look at the ending, Hye Yeon does linger at the glasses chick’s words and seems to regret her choice, but her stupid loyalty is what keeps herself as Joy’s friend.

joined Sep 25, 2013

this is not fun. i can't stand on this.
i'm sick right now.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Jesus fuck....this manga...

Going from My Pet to this I really didn't expect to be feeling physically ill after reading the ending. NTR gutpunch did it's job once again, and Joy has been firmly placed at the very top of most disgusting manga character I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

However upon mulling over the story after finishing it I kinda take solace in a couple realizations.

First is that Natsu definitely was the one that Joy truly loved, or at least loved more out of the two. This mainly comes back to how Joy set up the whole triangle scenario. Natsu was the one she spoke to first, and the one she decided to deceive. I take that to mean that she was the one she really didn't want to lose, she was willing to gamble on Hye Yeon turning down her arrangement, but not Natsu. This view is reinforced in my mind by the ending. So I take solace in the fact that Joy will have to live with the fact that her actions caused pain to the one she truely loved, and hopefully has to deal with that pain for a loooooooooooong time.

Second is that once Natsu leaves the school, having been really popular, rumors are probably going to spread around about why exactly she left, which will probably turn her fans on Joy, making her school life considerably less pleasant. Fitting karma all around.

In the end, I really wish I had not read this manga. I don't feel I was left with a good story in the end, all I feel is physically ill when I think about the whole thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.