Forum › Posts by chifuyuorimura

chifuyuorimura
joined Dec 4, 2016

What a crazy three days. I binge read all 77 chapters. It's my first time reading Kuzushiro stuff so I'm still at a loss for how this series is going to pan out. The most painfully slow progress that feels like a gay bait. Maybe I'm just not used to Kuzushiro's style. Nevertheless, I wonder what it was that made Nozomi cry. Because she neither cared when Tai-chan was pawing at the ring nor did she wear said ring.

chifuyuorimura
joined Dec 4, 2016

I guess so. :/

chifuyuorimura
joined Dec 4, 2016

I was so fucking salty over this the moment that bed selfie scene appeared. No graduation to it, either; 0 to salty in under 2 seconds. And of course after the story concluded (with the obvious "oops I sent that to the wrong person" plot device) the saltiness had only intensified about a hundred fold, to the point where I was cranky for days about it and even ranted to my friend (and I usually keep such things to myself). So, so salty. If "My Pet" ends up with the bad end like that, Pito will prolly end up being a skipped artist for things in the future. My salty old heart just can't take it. lol

I'm going to have to agree. And I really wish they had more tags on Lezhin, because NTR is one of the things I really, really cannot stand. I had no idea that the series had NTR in it, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. (I found a file dump on mega, but I don't want to mass spread it, unless you want to dabble in this sort of genre.)

The summary for this series on Lezhin is as follows:

The school's fastest track star, Namsu. An old friend from the past, Hye-Yeon. Everyone's adorable sweetheart, Joy. High-school romance at it's best! The comic that made Pito one of the best in the GL genre.

How the latter two sentences are remotely true, is completely beyond me. So naturally, I'm also incredibly salty over the ending of this series.

The overall characters in this story are... well, the one that appealed to me is Namsu/Makoto. Joy/Megumi and Hye-Yeon/Sana don't really do it for me. Besides the obvious, glaring fact that Joy/Megumi is a frightening alternative to a Mary Sue, (loved by many, doesn't really have many defining traits except for being nice and wishy-washy to pretty much everyone until someone forces her to make a decision. -cough- Glasses girl -cough-) Hye-Yeon is on a whole other level. I don't ship her with anyone. Those chapters that present her back story is yet another one of those 'sob stories' that try and get you to pity the character in order to justify her subsequent actions.

Okay, so it's sad and very true that people often forget about you when you move away to a different city, or country, or school, but that doesn't justify condoning 'stealing away someone else's partner'. This ties in heavily with my dislike for NTR, but with the way Joy/Megumi worded it, she wanted to date the both of them. She was smart enough to realize that she couldn't continue to pretend to be that dense idiot and drag the two of them along and was then 'forced' to make a decision. 'Open' relations don't work when all parties involved are not aware of this happening. What, so Joy/Megumi thought it was okay, just to keep Namsu/Makoto in the dark? While Hye-Yeon/Sana was aware of it? That's already preferential treatment. She knows that the both of them love her. She knows she doesn't want to hurt their feelings, and she's the type of person to not want to offend or take to one particular person and yet that is already a clear indication otherwise. From the moment Hye-Yeon/Sana alludes to sleeping around casually as a form of 'self-discovery,' my liking for here character was already far from impressed. And by the Gods, the ending to this series is forced and so terribly written! Oh, so Namsu/Makoto just gets angry at Hye-Yeon/Sana the moment she sees that picture, but I think Joy/Megumi shares equal blame. So first off, she shouldn't be angry at Hye-Yeon/Sana only. But more importantly, they suddenly fall apart at the seams, no explanations for Namsu/Makoto are needed, and they just... break up? What the heck? Namsu/Makoto is kept in the dark throughout this whole exchange. That definitely sheds some light on Joy/Megumi as a person. She isn't idiotic, she knows the consequences. And she fails to do anything in prevention or alleviation of the problem. So then Namsu/Makoto is left with nothing. Cheated after earnestly pouring her heart and soul into their relationship, only to get slapped in the face, stomped to the curb, and left to deal with the aftermath alone. The last chapter alone has me frothing at the mouth. How can all this lack of explanation for the sudden fallout be something of a good series? Namsu/Makoto has her dream destroyed. She's clearly heartbroken. She has nothing left. And she still puts a smile on her face for Joy/Megumi.

Somebody, please. Explain this series to me. I am so lost at why things suddenly just went down the shitter.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 9:01PM