Forum › From the creator of Her Pet. My Joy

joined Apr 11, 2016

Read up till chapter 8 now, chapters are free only up till chapter 4, if you want to continue reading after that you will have to purchase lezhin coins. For anyone looking to take this up, it's not a "joyful" story at all, well in my case it made me very bitter and incredibly salty. Personally i am very VERY unimpressed with the MC (Joy) and I'm only continuing to read it to see if Namsu (one of the girls in the love triangle, she's my fav) will get her happy ending.. if you love angst all over then this would be right up your alley.

Warning: anything beyond this point is me ranting and contains spoilers so dont continue reading if you don't want to be spoiler-ed.

The other girl in the love triangle (hye yeon, joy's childhood friend) is seriously shitty. I honestly hate this kind of manipulative people who sneaks around and seeks to monopolize their loved ones. And furthermore, while she was overseas, she kept asking the MC out, asking her to date her and all that BUT SHE WAS ACTUALLY SLEEPING AROUND WITH HER GIRL "FRIENDS" THAT SHE HAD SENT PHOTOS OF TO THE MC. Like, hey hey let's date~ ohhh look I'm sending you photos of friends that I made overseas!! :))) But actually I slept with every single one of them and you don't know hahaha!! The MC is also incredibly crappy like how could you abandon your good friend (Namsu) while she is running for the position for a place in Nationals (this is such a huge moment for her OK) to go and make out with your childhood friend?!?! How could you!!!!!! Namsu already told you she runs better when you're around but you LEFT HER AFTER SHOWING UR FACE FOR JUST WHAT 10 SECONDS??? YOU COULDNT EVEN WAIT FOR HER RACE TO END BEFORE RUNNING OFF WITH UR ANNOYING CHILDHOOD FRIEND YOU LITTLE SHIT. GWARHHHH NAMSU YOU DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER I WANT TO TAKE U AWAY FROM THESE HURTFUL PEOPLE T-T

last edited at Apr 11, 2016 11:46AM

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

I'm following this. It doesn't have the unique angle that 'Her Pet' has, but I'm willing to throw a bit of money to the same author and go along for the ride. I actually like Hye-Yeon. She's disruptive, plays to win, and has a degree of self-knowledge and perception the other two girls lack.

I'm going rogue and shipping her and Namsu. Joy strikes me as a bit of a safety blanket. I can't imagine her being much fun between the sheets without character development. At least Namsu and Hye-Yeon are packing overt sex drives. They might actually grind instead of circling each other beneath a rose motif, in love and frustration.

That likely won't happen, but I can dream.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Read the chapters up to 19 in Japanese, but I skimmed the last few since I got more and more put off by it. PLEASE, PLEASE read this spoiler if you are not into this genre: NTR and stupid attempts at cheating/getting a trio relationship.

Here is a rather LONG summary of the spoilers:

REMEMBER, I read this in Japanese so the names are Japanese as well. Joy is Megumi, Hye-Yeon is Sana and Namsu is Makoto. This isn't really a spoiler, so I'm just leaving this out here.

Since the first some chapters are free, I won't cover those. Makoto and Sana meet up where Makoto finds out Sana has been sleeping around abroad. The two of them learn of each other's feelings for Megumi in the process as well. Makoto is challenged by Sana, who guarantees that she will make Megumi fall in love with her.

Shit happens, and the weirdo chick with glasses who can supposedly sense "love in the air" (her name is Shiori) confronts Makoto, who makes the latter realize that she is indeed, in love with Megumi. Later on, Makoto is down with a fever and has this elaborate dream of dating Megumi and just being lovey-dovey with her (including kissing), which turns Makoto on greatly. When she comes to, she is immediately depressed over it being a dream, but masturbates to her fantasy. This scene is a lot more angsty than how I'm describing it by the way.

Later, Shiori goes to confront Megumi about this love triangle and FORCES her to realize that Megumi's ignorance is making Makoto feel absolutely miserable and is creating turmoil between Makoto and Sana. On the way home, Megumi finds an ill Makoto wandering around the streets.

Makoto, still in a daze due to her illness, forces a kiss onto Megumi, but passes out immediately after. Makoto is then taken home by an ambulance, but it's nothing serious. The next day, Megumi meets up with Makoto before school, where she acts like nothing happened. However, Megumi soon takes Makoto out of the classroom and they sit together and talk about the event from the night before. Megumi reveals she knows of Makoto's feelings and they confess to each other (!!!) ... and they start going out after they get a kiss in.

Megumi tells Sana about their new relationship, and Sana is immediately heartbroken, but urges Megumi not to tell anyone else about their relationship. Megumi takes this as a sign of protection and agrees with her. After all this, Megumi and Makoto get along well, Makoto is feeling great about running again and the two go on a date, which at the end of the day, leads to Megumi going over to Makoto's house. Oh yeah, and during the date, the girls buy each other shoes as presents.

They end up sleeping on the same bed, but nothing beyond that happens really. The next 3 or 4 chapters are ALL about Sana and her childhood with Megumi, which I seriously did not bother to read since I was more on team Makoto. Sana ends up crying over the phone to Megumi and Megumi barges into the room and that's where the latest chapter ended.

I looked up more spoilers from 4chan and it turns out, Megumi ends up with Sana, but she tried to get Makoto and Sana to be friends with each other (this failed miserably). She supposedly cheats on Makoto with Sana, but in a way where she tried to link all three of them together.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Team Namsu/Makoto here. Thanks c00kiem0nstrX and Seira.
With that ending and all the things that happened, no thank you to this manhwa. Now I'm actually quite irritated. Darn it! I demand another manhwa featuring Namsu with someone who deserves her better. Double damn.

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 11:31AM

joined Apr 11, 2016

TEAM NAMSU/MAKOTO FOREVER T-T totally agreed palakangorange!

Thank you so much Seira for the in depth summary of the rest of the chapters! No offense to Pito but this genre makes me very very uncomfortable, so I definitely won't be continuing it. (Also because the endgame is bullshit) It would have been great if the genres on lezhin were categorized like it is on dynasty here, cheating/NTR is actually very triggering for some people that I know and its just a low blow you know, having to purchase chapters and then it turns out to be something triggering.

Anyway uGHH it's such a waste that a lovable character like Namsu/Makoto is put through so much misery, she deserves all the love!! Really hoping for a spinoff where she finds her true love T-T

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 12:42PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

If you even try to read on, you'll see that chapters 16 to around 20 tries to get the reader to pity Sana with some woeful backstory, but I'm not feeling it. When Megumi and Makoto started dating, it was quite cute, but not worth reading given the sudden change of direction.

joined Apr 11, 2016

Oh boy.

it doesn't change a single thing, whether they had a woeful backstory or a wonderful childhood, if they intentionally hurt others that are undeserving (Sana participating in Megumi's cheating on Makoto), they are downright A++ assholes and utterly unforgivable.

If I'm following correctly, Sana and Megumi were both consenting parties in this affair even though Megumi and Makoto are TOGETHER. OFFICIALLY. DATING. That's freaking fucked up man, Megumi is fucked up and Sana is fucking fucked up. I sincerely hope that they don't get their happy ending as Makoto is tossed aside like nothing. Because that would be the most fuckening thing ever. (Pls pardon my foul mouth but I literally can't beLIEVE)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm interested in seeing how it goes, but havent read past chaper 4. Although massively scaring the discussion page, I'm glad you guys are using the spoiler tags :)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm interested in seeing how it goes, but havent read past chaper 4. Although massively scaring the discussion page, I'm glad you guys are using the spoiler tags :)

Not scaring, I'd say. More like a warning... POTENTIALLY triggering, but that's a stretch.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Haha I didn't mean scaring in that way, kinda, literally? This page is stripped af

Anonymous User
joined May 12, 2016

Anyone know where else you can read this?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Koreans love convoluted depressing dramas and tragic backstories. More so than japanese.

Korean authors have no problems with bitter endings.

joined Jun 5, 2015

I started reading this webcomic annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i hate it ... but i still want to know what will happen in the end. But man ... i never thought this story would be what it is.
Also Joy is fucked if the other students finds out what she is doing cause Namsu is like an idol at the school. Namsu deserved someone better and I'm starting to hate Joy's character.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Hello guys, are there chapters of this series somewhere on imgur? Because there are chapters of Her pet there, so I thought it would be the same for this one.

Tumblr_nwl27ntzmv1tjyeywo1_250
joined Sep 15, 2015

Well, after reading the last chapter all I can say is I'm super disappointed. Sigh... Hopefully Her Pet turns out better than this one did.

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Well, after reading the last chapter all I can say is I'm super disappointed. Sigh... Hopefully Her Pet turns out better than this one did.

I don't know. I actually really liked the story and it's characters but from a certain point onward it just felt like it was all going downhill. As if the author just wanted to get it over with and in the most frustrating and disappointing way possible. I know Korean authors like drama and sad endings but damn....

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Not the ending I hoped for.

I spent the entire series weeping loudly about Namsu, and she didn't even appear in the final chapter ;_; I just wanted my dear precious daughter Namsu to be happy ;_; Namsuuuuuuuu

I guess the moral of the story is, don't try and please everyone when it comes to love?

e: The more I think about it, the more sad I get over Namsu. She did literally nothing wrong the entire series. She tried, earnestly, at both her love and her sport. And in the end, she got nothing. All because of what Joy did. That makes me so sad.

Joy seemed like such a good girl in the beginning too. :|

e2: ((LOUD SOBBING)) NAMSUUUUUUUU YOU DIDN'T DESERVE ANY OF THISSSSSSS MY CHILDDDDDD AHHHHHH ;___;

last edited at Jun 19, 2016 5:48PM

Tumblr_nwl27ntzmv1tjyeywo1_250
joined Sep 15, 2015

Not the ending I hoped for.

I spent the entire series weeping loudly about Namsu, and she didn't even appear in the final chapter ;_; I just wanted my dear precious daughter Namsu to be happy ;_; Namsuuuuuuuu

I guess the moral of the story is, don't try and please everyone when it comes to love?

e: The more I think about it, the more sad I get over Namsu. She did literally nothing wrong the entire series. She tried, earnestly, at both her love and her sport. And in the end, she got nothing. All because of what Joy did. That makes me so sad.

Joy seemed like such a good girl in the beginning too. :|

e2: ((LOUD SOBBING)) NAMSUUUUUUUU YOU DIDN'T DESERVE ANY OF THISSSSSSS MY CHILDDDDDD AHHHHHH ;___;

This, all of this. Pretty sure I'm going to be sad over Namsu for a long time, she deserved so much but got the worst of everything :c

%d7%9c%d7%9b%d7%99%d7%93%d7%94
joined Dec 4, 2013

I just read this, I regret every moment.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I was so fucking salty over this the moment that bed selfie scene appeared. No graduation to it, either; 0 to salty in under 2 seconds. And of course after the story concluded (with the obvious "oops I sent that to the wrong person" plot device) the saltiness had only intensified about a hundred fold, to the point where I was cranky for days about it and even ranted to my friend (and I usually keep such things to myself). So, so salty. If "My Pet" ends up with the bad end like that, Pito will prolly end up being a skipped artist for things in the future. My salty old heart just can't take it. lol

joined Jun 12, 2015

I've just finished reading it and I don't think we have a winner or loser here. Joy is a person who wants to make everyone happy. Because of that she is not really attached to anyone. She can do something similar in the future. Even Hye-Yeon is aware of that.

joined Jun 14, 2013

After reading the comments, I just wanna say it's really nice to see other people feel the same about this manga and how it ended. I kept going past this in lezhin and decided what the hell. By now, as a yuri fan I know to be cautious with new material, so I read a few of the free latest ones SPOILER .....where Joy and Namsu? (Black long haired girl) began dating in the end. After reading reading them, I just said fuck it and went bought the ending chapter and a couple before the last one. And what a fucking waste. I can't stop thinking how depressing it was. Just sucks. I feel so much for Namsu. Just maybe this manga Can redeem itself if it got a part 2 with only Namsu with a good ending (call it unrealistic all you want, I like that shit).

joined Sep 28, 2016

So let me get this straight, because of Hye-Yeon and also joy. Namsu can't go to the nationals and pretty much ruined her whole life, but what I don't get was why was Joy crying when she was the one that ruined everything? This is killing me, I really hate manga's that end like this. This makes me want to just make a little short story just for namsu.

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 3:58AM

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Oh man I was about to pick this up cuz it looked cute but this just ain't gonna work for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.