Forum › Yurumon discussion

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

Would like this better if it were a different series.. I only got through about one volume of Yuru Yuri before I became discouraged and figured it wouldn't go anywhere anytime soon.. So I can't relate to the characters too well. But still, Pokemon's awesome so I'm interested. Sign me up for now.

For what it's worth, I think the later volumes of Yuru Yuri are significantly better than the first volume, if that's the one you read. While I've loved it from beginning to end, not only does the art improve over time, but in some of the latest chapters there have actually been stories carrying over from chapter to chapter and some hints of character development...

There's still not really any actual yuri, but it is wonderful nonetheless, and the anime is pretty spectacular overall, too.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Surprised Akari didn't get a Pikachu.

They wanted to surprise people besides a Rattata suits her more. (°ω°)

joined Mar 26, 2014

Would like this better if it were a different series.. I only got through about one volume of Yuru Yuri before I became discouraged and figured it wouldn't go anywhere anytime soon.. So I can't relate to the characters too well. But still, Pokemon's awesome so I'm interested. Sign me up for now.

For what it's worth, I think the later volumes of Yuru Yuri are significantly better than the first volume, if that's the one you read. While I've loved it from beginning to end, not only does the art improve over time, but in some of the latest chapters there have actually been stories carrying over from chapter to chapter and some hints of character development...

There's still not really any actual yuri, but it is wonderful nonetheless, and the anime is pretty spectacular overall, too.

The anime is hilarious! XD I've watched it 3 or 4 times already!

joined Jan 8, 2016

Kind of loving this. The art's rough but not bad and it's hilarious and a great mix of the two worlds. And I always love when people handle being transported to a different world (a la so many fantasy stories) this way, understandably confused but also pragmatic.
Tsundere Charmander and Kyoko are super cute, I totally love how that's unfolding, especially with Kyoko pointing out the whole "you can't choose your trainer" thing.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's kinda weird to see the YY characters AND plot, and some of the reactions are dramatic and seem more likely to pokemon plot rather yy, but it's okay I can bear with it, crossovers take a lot of effort to think out the outline of the plot and to plan out how the characters interact in the new world

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

The issue with Charmander is solved, but I guess it's time for Chinatsu to deal with Bulbasaur.

joined Jul 22, 2015

I really like this it has both of my favorite things Pokemon and yuruyuri :)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Chinatsu was really mean! What a bitch.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Speaking about the art, the guy's actually an animator at some studio and it does show in the more recent chapters. I think he just was kinda lazy at first, before it turned into this long-running series. Now the updates are much less frequent, but the art is more detailed.

Who's translating this and how can I help them out?

Usually one-manning for lack of teamwork skills and it's obviously going very slow. Though interest in this thread will definitely help with the motivation. Still, if someone wants to take over I'll only be happy to sit back and relax.

At this rate she might even tame Mewtwo with sheer childlike innocence.

I would not be terribly surprised given what happens later. Not sure I can translate that much on my own though.

some of the reactions are dramatic

Oh boy you don't even know.

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 10:48AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I thought the art was really well done, even if it is scribbly. You can tell the girls are who they are... at least its not all stick figures and blobs.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Who's translating this and how can I help them out?

Usually one-manning for lack of teamwork skills and it's obviously going very slow. Though interest in this thread will definitely help with the motivation. Still, if someone wants to take over I'll only be happy to sit back and relax.

If you want someone to take care of cleaning the raws and such to make it easier on you, I can do that. I can't translate to save my life, but I can edit images.

joined Jul 16, 2015

Make me want to play pokemon... just when I can't afford to waste time on games

Me too. My life is so busy right now D: I haven't even beat Aplha Sapphire yet...

But liking this so far! I wonder where they came up with this idea.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Perhaps I'll give it another go sometime then. I admit the lack of yuri was part of the reason I dropped it, and I do enjoy slice-of-life.. If there really is some character development and longer arcs later on, I may be able to get into it again.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Anticipation builds. Perhaps a nuzlocke run is required.

joined Mar 11, 2014

A friend and I translated and edited chapter four of this (him translating, me adding it all in), but I don't really have any idea where we would upload it, since we'd never really done a scanlation before.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Just use the "Upload request" button in the submenu accessed by clicking on your username and provide a link to mega.nz, google drive or any other decent filesharing option. I never uploaded the first chapters anywhere besides 4chan and straight up here so that should be fine.

Would be really awesome if you keep it up, love the series but don't have time to do it myself.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Good job, guys! Great to see more of this translated.

Always love how a Squirtle can KO a giant rock snake by spewing at it.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Good job, guys! Great to see more of this translated.

Always love how a Squirtle can KO a giant rock snake by spewing at it.

Thanks! I'm glad it looks good, since we'd never done this before. Do you know how I can ask to get the letters removed at the ends of the page numbers? Those were mostly just a thing we used during the scanlation process (denoting different versions of the page) that I stupidly left in. :P

last edited at Aug 16, 2016 9:55AM

Definitely happy to see this continued.

It seems to me like the auther is leading to Chinatsu selling out to Team Rocket to get back home faster.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is exciting! Maybe it's time to break out the old game!

joined Mar 26, 2014

OMG, there's an upload. Yes ~

joined Mar 11, 2014

OMG, there's an upload. Yes ~

We'll have 5.2 ready for upload tomorrow, hopefully. There are so many chapters out in Japanese that our personal schedules are pretty much all that limits the release rate...we'll try not to go another year without uploading!

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Yay, more Yurumon!

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 8:28AM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Nice to see this continuing.

joined May 10, 2017

This is enough to make me fangirl! This is really so great so far, in my opinion. The art-style doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would be, and it's quite charming in its own way. Crossovers aren't typically my thing but dear Madoka is this exciting me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.