Forum › Indigo Mermaids discussion

20230129_212706
joined Oct 20, 2015

that..was cute :3 idk .. why just 2 chapters? :'c

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Good heavens, they're not animals, you know!

But they're half animals, so they only use half cloths!

How very gauche, coming from a mere ape.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

mainstream ending..
well a OK... but I am a little disappointed

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Am i the only one who noticed that at the end of chapter 1. She was left on land not able to move.. But in chapter 2 at the start, she somehow end up in the water ? Did she roll or something? :D

Must...make..dramatic! drowning scene! roll roll roll plop

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

I suspect Mira is a woman, all her works are yuri and all are good, they also have plot too, if it was done by a man I suspect there would be some het works and the lesbian sex scenes would not be as good, I wouldn't be surprised if Mira is actually lesbian too.

Yes I completely agree with you!

joined Aug 15, 2015

Saw 2 naked women underwater

-> Expecting to see mermaids sex

-> Thought this is going to be a unique and mind blowing moment of my life

-> this is going to be the biggest break through of yuri imagination!!

-> 2 women went on land and turn to normal human

-> banging my head with disappointment. Q.Q

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 10:53PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Nezchan posted:

How dare you dirty human! I'll be honest though, if there's something in particular about my condition as male that I hate, is the fact we have more useless hair than woman, sometimes makes me feel so apeish, sometimes I want to shave it all off but it's so much work to do everyday...

knthomsen posted:

Am i the only one who noticed that at the end of chapter 1. She was left on land not able to move.. But in chapter 2 at the start, she somehow end up in the water ? Did she roll or something? :D

It's obvious she crawled to the water but you had to put in my head the image of her rolling around until she get's there.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 11:09PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

That was a good story. I really enjoyed the bit of angst, drama, and mystery, especially for a two-parter. Mira's story-telling is surprisingly good, or at least I am enjoying both her story-telling and art more than before and really look forward to any new works from her.

However on a goofy note, 1) I wonder how the mechanics of sex would work between Maho and Rena when they are in their mermaid form?, 2) when Maho says “give it to me Rena,” an image of a fish penis popping out of Rena came to mind (and yes I had to google what one looked like and yes the majority of the entries will be about the penis fish), and finally 3) i wonder if mermaids spawn like other fish or ovulate/give birth like humans? I speculate Princess Mio gave birth to Maho since the princess was in human form, but what would have happened had she been in the sea? hmmm… enquiring minds would like to know.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Maybe one of the reasons they can become human is to have easier reproduction? Also, maybe using the power of the jewel they can have a child too?

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 11:13PM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Nezchan posted:

How dare you dirty human! I'll be honest though, if there's something in particular about my condition as male that I hate, is the fact we have more useless hair than woman, sometimes makes me feel so apeish, sometimes I want to shave it all off but it's so much work to do everyday...

knthomsen posted:

It's obvious she crawled to the water but you had to put in my head the image of her rolling around until she get's there.

Then my job here is done ! rolls away

joined Apr 15, 2011

well lucky for you there are two, maybe three options: there's wax for that, a pill and for the more afluent/rich there's always laser hair removal...

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Another thing that came to mind, they only mention mermaids, they're supernatural, immortal and are the goddess of the island, does that mean mermans don't exist? So like, they always need a human man to reproduce and that's why they can become human? Or maybe they also have a way to reproduce between themselves...

ciega posted:

well lucky for you there are two, maybe three options: there's wax for that, a pill and for the more afluent/rich there's always laser hair removal...

Like I said, even with wax it's too much work, no money for laser, and pills? Never heard of it, link please!

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Another thing that came to mind, they only mention mermaids, they're supernatural, immortal and are the goddess of the island, does that mean mermans don't exist? So like, they always need a human man to reproduce and that's why they can become human? Or maybe they also have a way to reproduce between themselves...

I have a very good explanation for that: Mira felt like doing a story about lesbian mermaids. No point in introducing mermen.

joined Apr 15, 2011

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Like I said, even with wax it's too much work, no money for laser, and pills? Never heard of it, link please!

the types of pills i'm thinking of are of the hormonal variety. something you might need to speak with your doctor about.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 11:29PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

I have a very good explanation for that: Mira felt like doing a story about lesbian mermaids. No point in introducing mermen.

Stop trying to make sense and be a rational person dammit, that's no fun!

ciega posted:

the types of pills i'm thinking of are of the hormonal variety. something you might need to speak with your doctor about.

Well there's always black market for those things, not that I have money for that, same for doctor, guess I'll have to learn to love being a hairy guy.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 11:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's also mechanical. which works pretty well, and you only have to do it every three weeks or so. About the same as waxing, but without the preparation and mess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

A few teensy tiny side effects with those, you understand.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nezchan posted:

A few teensy tiny side effects with those, you understand.

There's that too, I heard that using anything hormonal without doctor prescription can have really nasty side effects.

Nezchan posted:

There's also mechanical. which works pretty well, and you only have to do it every three weeks or so. About the same as waxing, but without the preparation and mess.

I never heard of it before, I only knew about normal electric razor, thanks Nezchan.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 11:49PM

joined May 23, 2013

I gotta say this is the best sex I had ever seen in a manga other than sono hanabira. It wasn't sex just because, this wasn't sex it was love making and very few adult works are able to do that. It's passionate and I love this story. Like a fairytale. It isn't dirty like hentai or make a girl look stupid as hell. Most male authors do that with the exception of few.Females look needy to the extreme its not believable. There's gotta be something and that is love and a great plot. A way a women acts for reals

last edited at Dec 23, 2015 12:35AM

99d9b2dbc2494ead698e256216325ade
joined Oct 3, 2015

The Thirteenth Year- genderbent manga ver

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

when mira tires, she can write decent stories to accompany her talent for sex scenes

joined Jan 17, 2014

Awwww~ love the ending!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Saw 2 naked women underwater

-> Expecting to see mermaids sex

-> Thought this is going to be a unique and mind blowing moment of my life

-> this is going to be the biggest break through of yuri imagination!!

-> 2 women went on land and turn to normal human

-> banging my head with disappointment. Q.Q

I share your disappointment, while I also question the relevance you just gave to mermaid sex.

joined Jun 12, 2015

A bit predictable story, but still good story. I love Mira's works.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

. . .how the fuck did she even get in the water!? Didn't Rena say she wouldn't have the strength to move for a while. And if takes immediately after the first part than Maho couldn't even roll herself out the cave (cove, whatever). She'd just be on the ground wondering "the fuck just happened" and Rena would be long gone.

Bloody hell, that was a missed opportunity to stretch this manga out or take it down a less predictable road. How about the power stone NOT being connected to Maho's life? I would have loved to see it be more connected to the livelihood of the village. Like if it left Maho, fishing would be poor, storms would rage for days or weeks, just natural disaster striking rather than be a little girl's life line (who is by the way actually grandma age apparently.....nice twist there and would it still be considered Age Gap?). Only when Rena realizes she loves Maho more than the mermaid stone would she return and even then, Mira could have done a whole chapter of Maho and Rena mending their relationship CAUSE LOVE TRIUMPHS OVER ALL!!!!!! Even betrayal cause this is still a yuri manga so we need the staple clichés.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed this. The sex flowed more than Mira's previous works and it's not as stiff or forced. I liked Rena and Miho separately and together , but come on. . .this had so much potential, that the ending literally hurt my feelings ;w;

Also, no mermaid sex!? I was kinda half expecting that to be in it, but none too upset there wasn't. Can't even visualize how that would go in my head. Someone wanna help me here.

last edited at Dec 23, 2015 2:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.