Forum › Strawberry Shake discussion

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Is it back???

It's just the reissue bonus story. But for now, yes, there's a little more Strawberry Shake coming.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Is it back???

It's just the reissue bonus story. But for now, yes, there's a little more Strawberry Shake coming.

Ey, better than nothing. I bought the book with that in, so it'll be nice to see it translated.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think this was really good, it was cute, the characters are stupidly in love, it's simple and light to read :3
I liked the author's afterword lol, she said that the characters were just too stupid for her to imagine sex scenes xD
True :') They're such dense idiots in their own, lovable way, it was definitely heartwarming to read about such silly, honest love

Shitsurakuen3avatar
joined Jul 29, 2014

I think this was really good, it was cute, the characters are stupidly in love, it's simple and light to read :3
I liked the author's afterword lol, she said that the characters were just too stupid for her to imagine sex scenes xD
True :') They're such dense idiots in their own, lovable way, it was definitely heartwarming to read about such silly, honest love

Agreed, the sillyness is definitely the charm here. It's very refreshing to read a story without reality, angst or overly complicated relationships.
Could have done with a little more character development but yeah, what gives.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

haha... how nice! ehehe :)

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

So, I finally got around to reading this, and I gotta say it was one of the best series I've read. I avoided it for so long, because I heard it had a bad ending but I honestly don't see anything wrong with it asides from the fact that the series is over. I actually got really sad reading it, because it almost didn't look like they would get together around the beginning, and because of that incorrect bad end warning I started to think they wouldn't. I would've liked to see more of the side couples, but Ran and Julia were so fun that the side couples were more like icing on the yuri cake. Glad I finally read it.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So does anyone know if there's someone working on that extra story?

fullyswagwolf
_
joined Feb 29, 2016

sigh here I am again, to read this manga for the 100000000000th time or something like that xD

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

sigh here I am again, to read this manga for the 100000000000th time or something like that xD

Why sigh? Welcome back, comrade!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Gotta work up some courage to re-read this one, that's the first yuri i've read which i stumbled upon while searching for some shitty shoujos, a part of me tells me it should remain as a sweet memory and should not be defiled,

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 3:15AM

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

i can't imagine ran x julia sex scene lol cause yeah they're silly yet pure to do that XD

joined Sep 21, 2014

Man, rereading this, I really like how they change their clothes all the time. I really like Ran's style, she's so cool <3

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Just read it again after forgetting nearly everything when I first read it a while ago. But one thing still annoys me, the ending. That last chapter drama part and timeskip was really unnecessary.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Ah, Strawberry Shake. Got a little bit nostalgic seeing this as the featured series. One of the first yuri that I've read.

last edited at Jul 19, 2016 2:02PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I love how there was none of that 'But we're both girls' stuff, it was just literally 'I've fallen in love with her and so I will stop at nothing until she is mine!'

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love how there was none of that 'But we're both girls' stuff, it was just literally 'I've fallen in love with her and so I will stop at nothing until she is mine!'

The "both girls" thing was mostly Saeki-san going "Oh god, no".

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/strawberry_shake_ch05#6

There should be a moment like this in every story ever, ever. ^ ^

joined Sep 21, 2014

The "both girls" thing was mostly Saeki-san going "Oh god, no".

"Oh my fucking god Julia no, pls, the scandal"

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Whoa, I remember reading this a couple years ago. So weird to see this thread on the forum :')

joined Aug 22, 2016

It seems that the links for comment for the series 'Strawberry Shake Sweet' by Hayashiya Shizuru (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strawberry_shake) and the doujin 'Strawberry Shake Zlay Bomb Tour' by Inoue Shinkai (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/strawberry_shake_zlay_bomb_tour) lead to the same comment section.

What I would like to add though is that 'Strawberry Shake Zlay Bomb Tour' I believe should have a rape tag. From the story, the events point very clearly to date rape or sexual acts with someone who can not consent.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 4:05PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Welp, time to re-re-re-re-re-read this beautiful mess once again

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Why haven't I left a comment on this yet?

I love this manga, as much for its adorableness as for its humor :D

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

That was... a wild ride and a half. A glorious rollercoaster of barely-restrained madness.

joined Jul 21, 2016

I remember reading this back in '04... and I'm still loving it!!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Just like with the other yuri manga I read, in the case of Strawberry Shake, I went to read it out of sheer curiosity. Only read the 1st chapter thus far, and I already like it. There were some pretty fucking hilarious parts.

(Roll safe meme):
You don't need to choose between romance and comedy, when you can have both at the same time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.