Forum › Collectors discussion

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yay, another update!

But I can't help but notice that the bonus chapters appear out of order...

Edit: I see it's been fixed. Thank you, nameless chapter elf.

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 11:26PM

joined Sep 22, 2015

Lovely as usual. And still that friend who "collects" men still remains nameless.. guess I'll name her Fleabag lol

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Lovely as usual. And still that friend who "collects" men still remains nameless.. guess I'll name her Fleabag lol

I don't think I've ever noticed before that she officially has no name.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Welcome to the "someone is going to get angry about that guy" waiting room. Please get your concessions and take a seat, the show will begin soon.

joined Oct 16, 2013

Takako is a good sister.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Can we just appreciate for a moment how masterfully the right half of the first page in this chapter establishes the relationship between Takako and Yuki in just three frames? This is the first time we see the guy (or I have already forgotten about him), yet by the time he opens his mouth for the first time in this chapter, we already know roughly who he is and what his relationship with Takako is.

joined Sep 22, 2015

I really like the way Nishi-sensei introduces and uses their male characters. They are there to establish the ladies' personalities or backstories, and to show how strong their relationship is to each other. Male characters in yuri don't need to exist just for unnecessary drama or conflicts! This chapter is a very good example!

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I really like the way Nishi-sensei introduces and uses their male characters. They are there to establish the ladies' personalities or backstories, and to show how strong their relationship is to each other. Male characters in yuri don't need to exist just for unnecessary drama or conflicts! This chapter is a very good example!

Well said, blue_bee29. I agree.

And I can't tell you all how happy I am that this series continues to get updates. Many thanks to Nishi Uko-sensei and to Lililicious for the work in bringing it into being and bringing it here in translation.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Wholesome and sweet, I love it

joined Jul 31, 2013

Maybe the most touching yuri manga

joined Sep 22, 2015

I know right?? I don't see a lot of males in yuri stories without them inciting drama. If you look at stories like Their Story: Sun Jing's male bestie is really adorbs and supportive--we need more positive relationships like these, or at least neutral ones like Uko-sensei's male characters.

And I can't tell you all how happy I am that this series continues to get updates. Many thanks to Nishi Uko-sensei and to Lililicious for the work in bringing it into being and bringing it here in translation.

I remember Collectors was my first adult yuri maybe back in 2012, which was pretty rare back then since yuri has to be school girls. We have more OL and adult yuri recently, it's a great thing..! Though Collectors is not a popular title, it still remains as one of my favorites. Thank you Lililicious!

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 12:44AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

I know right?? I don't see a lot of males in yuri stories without them inciting drama. If you look at stories like Their Story: Sun Jing's male bestie is really adorbs and supportive--we need more positive relationships like these, or at least neutral ones like Uko-sensei's male characters.

I remember Collectors was my first adult yuri maybe back in 2012, which was pretty rare back then since yuri has to be school girls. We have more OL and adult yuri recently, it's a great thing..! Though Collectors is not a popular title, it still remains as one of my favorites. Thank you Lililicious!

Agreed with everything said! The series is so wholesome and enjoyable.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I know EXACTLY how that book searching feels and then the success in finding the book in a story.

Also, that ending of the chapter *tear

joined Sep 22, 2015

When I read the comments after finishing a manga...

Lol. I know what you mean!

Am glad we keep getting updates! Thank you!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

How are these two so perfect together.

Also yay updates! Thank you kindly translators.

64caf7b2-896b-4409-975b-cb83b31b664b
joined Mar 29, 2018

Such a wholesome manga. Thanks for the update!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

GO LIVE TOGETHER ALREADY, YOU DORKS

joined Jul 31, 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing translations on this. It's amazing every time.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

GO LIVE TOGETHER ALREADY, YOU DORKS

. . . because with their combined incomes they could probably afford more square footage for storage each?
No, I mean, um.

SandfallSkyrocket
Bread%20loaf%20sliced%20profile%20pic
joined Jan 2, 2022

i just found this series and i love so much about it
maybe if i pray hard enough another chapter will come out... :D
thank you to the translators who worked on all the previous chapters!!

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I love this

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just found out that chapters 21-onward are up on MangaDex from Dragomir Scans. I wonder if we'll be able to upload here...

Edit: Upload request submitted. We'll see.

last edited at Oct 26, 2022 11:27AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Just found out that chapters 21-onward are up on MangaDex from Dragomir Scans. I wonder if we'll be able to upload here...

Edit: Upload request submitted. We'll see.

Their version isn't terrible, but Collectors relies so much on the dialogue to properly imply the context of a given situation that some of those chapters are really confusing the way they are now.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Even with the less than perfect dialogue/translations-- I'm very grateful for them on finishing the series! I've adored Shinobu and Takako for years since I first read this series on DS, and I'm so very happy for them on finally getting their happy "ending"! I absolutely love how the author always brings the chapters to end with their love for each other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.