Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, side note just for grammar's sake, "trans" isn't a noun, so you can't be "a trans" any more than you can be "a tall" or "a happy". Add "person" on the end of any of those and you're all good though.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Well, my grammar sucks even in my native language but I'll try to keep that in mind Nezchan. o7

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I didnt read every comment but I hope it's already clear the protagonist of this is not meant to be a great guy - it's basically satirizing the male yuri fans, though not from a completely mean place. Erica Friedman of Okazu was baffled as to whom this series would appeal, but, I mean, Welcome to the NHK has appealed to otaku guys and Watamote has appealed to hikkikomori girls. IT's basically satirical cringe comedy, but if you like a genre you like it, basically.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 7:26PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I didnt read every comment but I hope it's already clear the protagonist of this is not meant to be a great guy - it's basically satirizing the male yuri fans, though not from a completely mean place. Erica Friedman of Okazu was baffled as to whom this series would appeal, but, I mean, Welcome to the NHK has appealed to otaku guys and Watamote has appealed to hikkikomori girls. IT's basically satirical cringe comedy, but if you like a genre you like it, basically.

Well yeah, even if you don't like the series, that's no reason to throw down the magazine in disgust or anything. Still gonna be other stories you enjoy.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 7:31PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Funny yet refreshing story. From a male guy's prospective who likes yuri (way too much) is a really cool and new idea.

P.S.- I won't mind if those two girls falls for him instead. It would gold comedy yet interesting.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Some detestable behavior here from MC, spying on a couple's intimate moment, then harassing and assaulting the boyfriend for no good reason. I know it's comedy but I hope people don't believe male yuri fans are like this. Truth be told though I have thought similarly to the way he did in his soliloquy before. There was a time that I was noticing a lot of straight couples that didn't seem to really be in love with each other, while my parents, who are married lesbians, I could definitively say do love each other. Ridiculous thought it may sound, this made me question for some time whether it was even possible for straight couples to have unconditional love for each other.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I think I now kind of get why this was so controversial and later cancelled. It started to show in chapter 2 I think, then it was somehow within the thin line of an outsider to then just directly interfere with the so called garden, and now this.

I don't know, why insist so much on keeping the guy so involved with every 'pairing', that only goes against what he was been saying all the time, even regular yuri readers know to some extent what can still be considered as yuri and what not. The last bit was the most offensive, to the yuri readers, and to the people who likes the cross-dressing thing, not to mention how blatanly stalking could be used. I just can see the guy at some point getting confesed at from another girl, that would be hilarious. Not in the fun way.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

-Sees Het
-Takes this series off of Subscribed list
-Comes here just to post that.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 8:15PM

joined Sep 28, 2015

It is a series that certainly provokes a lot of extreme reactions. I've seen people celebrate the news of its cancellation with great fervor.

As for myself I liked the premise, a satirical look of a male yuri fan, but the kind of cliche setup of [believing a delusion -> going overboard -> getting beat up] was something I kind of grew tired of in other manga/anime.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

But was it really cancelled though? Cause it lasted 5 volumes and then it got a sequel in the same magazine, Comic Yuri Hime (Ichijinsha) in this case according to Mangaupdates, it's called Ore to Yome Nante Inee!, supposedly it means "I need no wives any more!!", but I'm unsure about it's status, Mangaupdates says it's ongoing while MAL says it's over with 1 volume, and Kurata Uso started a new manga, Ginsai no Kawa, with Kayashima Nozomi, so I guess it is probably finished too.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 8:17PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

P.S.- I won't mind if those two girls falls for him instead. It would gold comedy yet interesting.

As a reader, I'd flip tables
I imagine that Keisuke would too, if he were to realise that he shipwreck'd his own ship

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I got almost nothing out of this chapter. This feels like an genuine attempt to be funny that falls flat in about every way and even leaves me thinking the mc is just a prick.

joined Oct 11, 2010

I normally like this mangaka, but, this, no, I just dislike this, the concept and the main character just really annoy me.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I imagine that Keisuke would too, if he were to realise that he shipwreck'd his own ship

Which is why it would be the funniest part. I could only imagine his reaction to it. Lol.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Geez girls are really not liking this manga. Damn. Oh well their loss.

joined May 2, 2013

Man this chapter made me miss Waii and Waii mahalo

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I think that's the main reason we want to see it happen.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 10:38PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Why wouldn't they ? Male Yuri characters are often despised by Yuri fans. Mainly because they run the risk of causing the Yuri to go down the Hetro road at the end. So I doubt that they would be happy with a Yuri series where the Main character is male. Also several people on Dynasty are from tumblr.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Why wouldn't they ? Male Yuri characters are often despised by Yuri fans. Mainly because they run the risk of causing the Yuri to go down the Hetro road at the end. So I doubt that they would be happy with a Yuri series where the Main character is male. Also several people on Dynasty are from tumblr.

Wow, that sounds so much.......sexist. I mean sure in many yuri manga sometimes guys acts as bad. But that doesn't mean every guy will be bad. sighs

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 12:00AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

And to put the icing on the cake Morishima Akiko has this "Guys who like Yuri will have trouble with woman" POV

Actually that depends upon appearance and confident. If a guy is confident and good looking, he will get women regardless of his personal preferences.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And to put the icing on the cake Morishima Akiko has this "Guys who like Yuri will have trouble with woman" POV

I think you're misunderstanding, she's not talking about "yuri fans" so much as "disgusting otaku", in a self-effacing way as that's what she considers herself. What she's saying is the only reason she can talk to girls at all is because she's got common ground, and even then just barely.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Actually that depends upon appearance and confident. If a guy is confident and good looking, he will get women regardless of his personal preferences.

She's making fun of the stereotype that people who enjoy reading manga have poor social skills, not that enjoying a particular genre somehow makes you sexually repellent.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

She's making fun of the stereotype that people who enjoy reading manga have poor social skills, not that enjoying a particular genre somehow makes you sexually repellent.

I see. The way that guy quoted it, i thought other way.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Why so much identity politics in a thread about a cringe comedy manga? :(

Obvious things that should be obvious to everyone that reads this with a decent grasp of English or Japanese:

1.) Hiromi isn't trans; his girlfriend (apparently jokingly) convinced him that if he was worried about being the only girl at the event, that he should cross-dress, and he did... exceptionally well.

2.) MC is a delusional dumbass. That's the entire shtick of this series, and it was obvious from the first chapter. Tell me you've never felt irrationally angry when you get tricked into thinking something is yuri (or anything else, really) and get surprise dicks.
MC applies his delusions to reality --> gets angry when he finds a dick in his yuri --> reacts like a dumbass --> suffers consequences.

@UlquiorraSchiffer1
I was one of the people telling Yuuno to jump off of a cliff once he quit being a small furry animal. Fire all guns when a potential pirate or enemy fleet threatens your ships!
... That being said, I can see why people might not like a yuri series with a male MC, but I don't think it makes much sense for this series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.