Forum › My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown discussion

joined Jul 31, 2014

I really impressed by this story and artwork.
I hope to see a long version of this story. Not all life we living will come to roller coaster. Some people just live up without what they really want yet in their inner really want to try different thing or need a changes.

Swet3
joined Aug 26, 2015

I'm interested to see the character development, when mc won't let herself be restricted by those around her anymore

joined Oct 13, 2014

very interested especially because i relate to the protagonist a lot. i mean a lot alot

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Nope. Not worth my time. Asami doesn't strike me as any healthier than anyone else in her life. Less love triangle than codependency triangle. The only satisfying conclusion I could see from this is complete independence from every relationship she has in the first chapter, and I don't think Momono Moto is a strong enough story-teller to pull that off. I'll stick with Octave and After Hours.

last edited at May 18, 2023 11:12AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

I'm interested to see the character development, when mc won't let herself be restricted by those around her anymore

Same here! Its only the first ch. and im already rooting for the mc! Cant wait to see her character as she decides to actually do what she wants, and do more than walk the path set ahead of her ^_^
Art is good to!

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

Momono Moto has always the best stories!!! this is so good omg

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Well, she's no longer in the straight path, that much I can see.

Thanks for the translation. The series seems promising, but I just hope it doesn't end with artificial drama like Octave.

joined Sep 23, 2013

Nope. Not worth my time. Asami doesn't strike me as any healthier than anyone else in her life. Less love triangle than codependency triangle. The only satisfying conclusion I could see from this is complete independence from every relationship she has in the first chapter, and I don't think Monomo Moto is a strong enough story-teller to pull that off. I'll stick with Octave and After Hours.

Bye~~♪ You won't be missed

joined Aug 15, 2015

It's "too fast" if you were expecting a series about the pursuit of a gay love or not. The way I see it, it's about Minato's decision on how to go about her life, and, as such, skipping the whole initial drama and moving on to the "torn between" drama is actually pretty good.

"Fast" was definitely not the word I should've used to describe this first chapter. And I do not mind a story without drama. In fact, I'd love it.

However, I think there's a lot is going on here for one chapter: was raised without a dad, now doing everything one can to support what left of family, try to meet others' expectation, have a bitchy boss, childhood friend propose to marry, indecisive and not knowing what to do, feeling frustrated of having no control of life, and now is drunk and a co-worker you do not know much about is sending you straight to a point of no return.

So I would say like my initial description: if I am the MC, this whole thing would feel like being hit by a truck.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 8, "raised raised"
pg 17, "It has been like that since the you've"

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

So basically, if I'm getting this right? Minato Shimada has basically drifted into a pseudo-relationship with her childhood friend who loves her, but she really doesn't love anyone. Co-worker Asami is interested in her, kinda, and Minato wants to dream and reach out again instead of just flowing along in the average. So, with Minato drunk and Asami heavily buzzed, they both just end up falling into each other for sex?

Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

I can totally relate to that Minato girl. I'm 22. I've been good and did what my parents and big sis told me. I told them what I wanted to do but they rejected it and since then I never said a single word about it. I'm not saying they're bad people. Everything they did was only for my own good but I don't know. I'm so fed up with it. I'm tired of listening to them dictating what to do with my life. I feel so constrained. Sigh...

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

yessss another angst from momono

Screen%20shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.16.20%20am
joined Jun 26, 2013

This seems promising.. Momono Moto's artwork never ceases to amaze me.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

What's up with the cheating part? Mc and this guy are clearly not together she even said he's like a brother and doesnt love him. So does she mean cheating the straight path?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Moving pretty fast. Quickly sets up the premise and then straight to sex in the first chapter.

I dunno, After Hours did that and it's pretty great so far.

It wasn't a criticism, merely an observation.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I can totally relate to that Minato girl. I'm 22. I've been good and did what my parents and big sis told me. I told them what I wanted to do but they rejected it and since then I never said a single word about it. I'm not saying they're bad people. Everything they did was only for my own good but I don't know. I'm so fed up with it. I'm tired of listening to them dictating what to do with my life. I feel so constrained. Sigh...

I feel for you. Them too, but mostly you. I mean, it's a bad world out there, and in many ways getting worse (As an older guy I would like to sincerely apologize for the way my generation has fucked the place up. But I voted against all of 'em, honest) so your parents are very likely paranoid. They're all "OMG if she doesn't do the exact right thing and follow the path she'll be toast!!!" but I think there's still room even now to come up with some of your own ideas and if that's what it takes, make a few mistakes when you're young. And money is nice but if it's at the cost of being thwarted all your life that's likely not worth it. So I think their overcontrol is misguided; I'm trying hard not to do that with my daughter. (Self-actualization advice may not apply if starting position is really precarious; loss of income in Germany is one thing, in Guatemala a little different)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Nope. Not worth my time. Asami doesn't strike me as any healthier than anyone else in her life.

I'd have to agree with the premise here--that woman seems to have some serious problems of her own, yes. Not sure why that necessarily makes it a bad story. Might make it a good story. Depends how it's handled.

joined Sep 23, 2013

It's "too fast" if you were expecting a series about the pursuit of a gay love or not. The way I see it, it's about Minato's decision on how to go about her life, and, as such, skipping the whole initial drama and moving on to the "torn between" drama is actually pretty good.

"Fast" was definitely not the word I should've used to describe this first chapter. And I do not mind a story without drama. In fact, I'd love it.

However, I think there's a lot is going on here for one chapter: was raised without a dad, now doing everything one can to support what left of family, try to meet others' expectation, have a bitchy boss, childhood friend propose to marry, indecisive and not knowing what to do, feeling frustrated of having no control of life, and now is drunk and a co-worker you do not know much about is sending you straight to a point of no return.

So I would say like my initial description: if I am the MC, this whole thing would feel like being hit by a truck.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Isn't that the whole premise of the story?

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

XD whens the next one gonna be on here!?!? XD I'm excited! XD

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

it's good! and i kind of get the main lead. she's only 22, and it really feels like her life is already set for her! and she even feels guilty about complaining.
i also enjoyed the quick turn of events. im officially hooked.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Those office scenes remind me of Nana.

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

Do you want to try and stray off that narrow and straight path?

chuckle

Who wants to bet that MC is going to angst-screw the guy and break everyone's hearts before running off with Asami to realize her (totally realistic) dream of becoming a professional piano player?

Photo_2017-09-25_19-58-19
joined Jan 17, 2014

Momono Moto's stuff is always great!
I guess I get where the MC is coming from, I used to be in a similar place once but I broke through after years of feeling constrained, damn it feels great to be a bit more free.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Het in my yuri!! argghhh!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.