Forum › Posts by Kallamez

joined Sep 23, 2013

It's "too fast" if you were expecting a series about the pursuit of a gay love or not. The way I see it, it's about Minato's decision on how to go about her life, and, as such, skipping the whole initial drama and moving on to the "torn between" drama is actually pretty good.

"Fast" was definitely not the word I should've used to describe this first chapter. And I do not mind a story without drama. In fact, I'd love it.

However, I think there's a lot is going on here for one chapter: was raised without a dad, now doing everything one can to support what left of family, try to meet others' expectation, have a bitchy boss, childhood friend propose to marry, indecisive and not knowing what to do, feeling frustrated of having no control of life, and now is drunk and a co-worker you do not know much about is sending you straight to a point of no return.

So I would say like my initial description: if I am the MC, this whole thing would feel like being hit by a truck.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Isn't that the whole premise of the story?

joined Sep 23, 2013

Nope. Not worth my time. Asami doesn't strike me as any healthier than anyone else in her life. Less love triangle than codependency triangle. The only satisfying conclusion I could see from this is complete independence from every relationship she has in the first chapter, and I don't think Monomo Moto is a strong enough story-teller to pull that off. I'll stick with Octave and After Hours.

Bye~~♪ You won't be missed

joined Sep 23, 2013

This remebers me of Octave~ Good work

It definitely gave the Octave vibe.
But this opening is rather weak. Reason for it, I would say, it goes too fast.

"Weak" is probably not the best description. It gives enough information to introduce the Protagonist and her world. But the pace the story goes makes me feel like, if I was the MC, getting hit by a truck then wake up just to ask myself "wtf happened?"

MC's partner is also contradictory both to the theme of the story and her character. She advice MC to take control yet she fails to give MC much option as they both enter that relationship. I probably have misread or misinterpret something, but if I didn't, I'd say the story won't be getting any award for this first chapter.

It's "too fast" if you were expecting a series about the pursuit of a gay love or not. The way I see it, it's about Minato's decision on how to go about her life, and, as such, skipping the whole initial drama and moving on to the "torn between" drama is actually pretty good.

Kallamez
Stretch discussion 17 Aug 13:25
joined Sep 23, 2013

Really? I don't notice that. Maybe i should reread again. Thanks for the hint

it's probably because of these:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch06#8
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch06#9
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#17
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch13#7

So one may interpret this as:
she went to see her parents for the golden week, was at the sea wearing all black, the picture of her parents has her dad's face hidden in highlights, and she said her mom's much better now, and... you get the point.
At least that's how I also read it at first, but after I realised that because of the earthquake she was calling Keiko in ch.6, not her mom (she said "Good night, mom" to the bar owner, not to her actual mom on the phone), I came to read the story line in a somewhat different light:
Ran went to see her parents for golden week, went to the sea and remembered Keiko's graduation, how they parted ways in the past but eventually got back to live together.
I think Saeki's genuinely happy and actually has conscious feelings for senpai. She totally missed Keiko over the holidays. That's why Ran remembered senpai while watching at the sea. It made her feel lonely. And it seems she finds herself safe and secure enough to fall asleep with a smile on Keiko's laps. To the point that her home is now here, not at her parent's place
As for her dad... well, there's still a possibility that he did die, or her granddad, or her mother was sick. There must be a reason for that dialogue in ch.13. But what exactly happen, we'll only find out later, hopefully soon. Whatever the case is, it certainly lands on the family-parents-living-together-home theme.

Sorry for the long post, I'm terrible at pexressing my thoughts in short phrases ^_^"

Not to wind on your parade, but, aren't your goggles a little too tight?

Kallamez
Stretch discussion 07 Aug 12:07
joined Sep 23, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch23#5
Yuri
cheers

For some reason, the nonchalant-ness makes it feel less Yuri-y to me.

Yeah, to me too.

Kallamez
Stretch discussion 30 Jul 19:47
joined Sep 23, 2013

How did you deduce the miscarriage? Hell, why did you guys even thought she was pregnant? I'm so confused @~@

Her holding her chest and hugging her husband, her dressed up in a hospital gown, them apparently having a catastrophic event leading to a breakup.

I would never, EVER, realized that. Too subtle for my ass >_>. Thanks.

Kallamez
Stretch discussion 30 Jul 16:02
joined Sep 23, 2013

How did you deduce the miscarriage? Hell, why did you guys even thought she was pregnant? I'm so confused @~@

last edited at Jul 30, 2014 4:05PM

joined Sep 23, 2013

Has this ended? As in, has the chapters been posted? In the latest chapter, they do say "End".