Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

The reason why Takeda is popular is because Takeda is a predictable character, he basically can be in a harem or shounen as MC. He has all the traits; clueless, bland and a "nice" person that are stereotypically of these genera. That's why he is popular as people love familiarity (just look at one piece that shit never ends) Instead he is in a yuri manga, where the fandom doesn't get many yuri manga/anime so when there is a het relationship we cry because we in the yuri community are entitled to yuri as there is so little. Hopefully Takeda won't get the girl as I hate generic characters. I personally like characters that have faults it makes it more interesting and realistic. look at real life everyone has faults.

I don't even give a shit about you bad mouthing my man Takeda, but One Piece is fucking awesome.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Wow, poor Takeda.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 4:23AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm sucking my teeth and rolling my eyes so much at this stupid manga. The drama is awful. The plot is horrible. The characters are absolutely shit. Each chapter gets worse and worse.

Then don't read it?

I, myself, am curious how it's going to resolve.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 7:53AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

With all these comments about Takeda, I have to say it...
I don't care about him at all, and I hope he suffers more.

Anyway, this would be a better manga if Takeda would end up being the "bad guy", being all crazy and homophobic after findind out about the cheating, and Fujiwara would be the "good guy" that was trying to make Hotaku and Yuma stay together.
Of course there's no way for that to happen now...so to the predictable rote.
I hope it won't be longer than two volumes, though...it could get pretty annoying dragging this drama too much.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

As far as I know, chapter 6 is the last one released in Japan.
What I meant if that I hope it won't be longer than two volumes, of longer than 10 chapters. But no one knows yet how long it will be.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

The reason why Takeda is popular is because Takeda is a predictable character, he basically can be in a harem or shounen as MC. He has all the traits; clueless, bland and a "nice" person that are stereotypically of these genera. That's why he is popular as people love familiarity (just look at one piece that shit never ends) Instead he is in a yuri manga, where the fandom doesn't get many yuri manga/anime so when there is a het relationship we cry because we in the yuri community are entitled to yuri as there is so little. Hopefully Takeda won't get the girl as I hate generic characters. I personally like characters that have faults it makes it more interesting and realistic. look at real life everyone has faults.

I don't think people actually like him, so much as using him as a reason to hate on this manga and to state their opinions on how 'unfair' or 'biased' the yuri community is. But honestly, his role is necessary here, not to push a beating on or to mistreat him but because his existence puts pressure on Yuma to conform to norms and to deny her feelings for Hotaru, even more so because he is genuinely a decent boyfriend.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 3:38PM

This is getting so interesting. And I still love Hotaru.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I love Hotaru. But I'm starting to like Yuma more and more, because she's starting to be a bit deeper. Because she lies and because despite it all, she cares about Hotaru.

Yeah, I love struggling and weak characters, because, in the world of manga, they eventually outgrow their weakness and become epic (or fall into darkness).

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 2:16PM

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

Damn it girl beat him up! HNNNNNNG

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 4:12PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

Bleh. For a moment, I was like "Fuck yeah, Hotaru!" because Yuma is indeed being obnoxiously dense about this, to the point that it wouldn't be surprising if Hotaru had actually tried to be straightforward in the past and confessed properly but Yuma was just like "Yeah, I love you too! BFFs! You want to get married together? Aw, a double wedding sounds wonderful! Eh? What are you talking about, we have sleepovers all the time! I don't understand why you're getting upset, if you want to get in my pants that badly, you can totally borrow them, it's no problem! Hotaru? Why are you crying? Did the boy you like say something mean about you? Hotaru?"

But then, I thought about it as a line written for a character by a person, and it's just kind of cheap? Like, it's not actually that cathartic to have someone within the story point out how absurdly stupid Yuma is, when the same author is still going to continue writing her as being that stupid and making it impossible for anything to get through to her and keep stretching out this sole point of inane conflict until it's arbitrarily okay for her to learn that lesbians exist. It's lazy. The author keeps milking this same scenario over and over without letting any of the characters change or develop or actually progressing the story in any way. And now the author wants to make a sick burn about something that's literally their fault? Go to hell.

Ss%20(2015-04-13%20at%2009.21.14)
joined May 4, 2015

Heh, this is getting compared with citrus so I was curious.It turned out fine, and at this point I honestly think this has waaaaay better writing than the latter.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Bleh. For a moment, I was like "Fuck yeah, Hotaru!" because Yuma is indeed being obnoxiously dense about this, to the point that it wouldn't be surprising if Hotaru had actually tried to be straightforward in the past and confessed properly but Yuma was just like "Yeah, I love you too! BFFs! You want to get married together? Aw, a double wedding sounds wonderful! Eh? What are you talking about, we have sleepovers all the time! I don't understand why you're getting upset, if you want to get in my pants that badly, you can totally borrow them, it's no problem! Hotaru? Why are you crying? Did the boy you like say something mean about you? Hotaru?"

I'm cracking up. Dude I am willing to bet thousands that it happened exactly like that. No wonder Hotaru went the crazy route.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

I disagree, I smile of happines in this great manga. The drama is good. The plot is incredible. The character are adsolute memorable.
Each chapter get better

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Can't wait to see how the girl characters evolve. As a yuri manga, the male cast is only present to push the girls further, I don't care much, nor expect a lot from them.
Yuma is thick af, but when she does FINALLY open her goddamn eyes, it should be interesting

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

I hate the "It's not cheating, dummy, we're both girls" cliche and its variants. It's as bad as the "No! that place is dirty!" one.

As a yuri manga, the male cast is only present to push the girls further, I don't care much, nor expect a lot from them.

Well... it shouldn't be like this. We should expect more from a good story, we should expect good characters.

I don't know why but i think that korean manwhas handle this stuff better. Look at "their story" or "fluttering feelings", they both have a male cast as a part of the story, and they're nice and relatable, they have a personality. I don't like the idea of boys being there just to push the girls further, i mean, that doesn't happen IRL. I feel that most yuri fans hate men on their yuri just because they're always written as plain as Takeda or as wicked as Fujiwara. If authors put more effort on making these characters this won't happen.

joined Sep 21, 2014

As a yuri manga, the male cast is only present to push the girls further, I don't care much, nor expect a lot from them.

Well... it shouldn't be like this. We should expect more from a good story, we should expect good characters.

I don't know why but i think that korean manwhas handle this stuff better. Look at "their story" or "fluttering feelings", they both have a male cast as a part of the story, and they're nice and relatable, they have a personality. I don't like the idea of boys being there just to push the girls further, i mean, that doesn't happen IRL. I feel that most yuri fans hate men on their yuri just because they're always written as plain as Takeda or as wicked as Fujiwara. If authors put more effort on making these characters this won't happen.

You're right, a realistic story has more diverse characters, but often, the authors choose to only focus on the girls, and most of the other aspects of the manga promotes the evolution of their relationship. Often, guys aren't present at all.
I suppose that what I should have said, is that in THIS kind of story, where CERTAIN characters aren't as important and fleshed out as the couple the author is trying to get together, aren't very important and so I don't care about them as much.
I care about them, as much as the effort the author puts into making them important.

In Their Story (which is a chinese webcomic btw), the male cast are pleasant because they're all bros and hanging out and Sunjing's guy best friend is supportive of her. In cases where guys are obstacles, like any obstacles, they aren't well liked.
It really depends of what role they play. People tend to dislike the foil of what they want, right?
I guess that by korean, you really just mean FF, and Their Story is chinese.
Even in What Does The Fox Say, there is pretty much ONE recurring male character, and he's really just trying to get close to the new pretty blonde coworker, his affections towards her PURELY physical. He's also used to push the main cast to further develop their relationship.

In conclusion, side characters promote main characters and plot. In most yuri, where the focus is on one or more female pairings, guys often have a smaller role.

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 1:03AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

This is gold! I feel like she would do that. The ultimate friendzone.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I kinda really want this to happen. It'll make me cry, but it's gotta happen.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

You're right, a realistic story has more diverse characters, but often, the authors choose to only focus on the girls, and most of the other aspects of the manga promotes the evolution of their relationship. Often, guys aren't present at all.
I suppose that what I should have said, is that in THIS kind of story, where CERTAIN characters aren't as important and fleshed out as the couple the author is trying to get together, aren't very important and so I don't care about them as much.
I care about them, as much as the effort the author puts into making them important.

In Their Story (which is a chinese webcomic btw), the male cast are pleasant because they're all bros and hanging out and Sunjing's guy best friend is supportive of her. In cases where guys are obstacles, like any obstacles, they aren't well liked.
It really depends of what role they play. People tend to dislike the foil of what they want, right?
I guess that by korean, you really just mean FF, and Their Story is chinese.
Even in What Does The Fox Say, there is pretty much ONE recurring male character, and he's really just trying to get close to the new pretty blonde coworker, his affections towards her PURELY physical. He's also used to push the main cast to further develop their relationship.

In conclusion, side characters promote main characters and plot. In most yuri, where the focus is on one or more female pairings, guys often have a smaller role.

Yeah, i totally get your point there, still i wish authors put more effort on their stories, after reading tons and tons of yuri everything is starting to get repetitive. :P

I didn't know that Their Story was chinese, character names were weird in comparison with other manhwas but i didn't know why.. now everything makes sense lol.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I just reread all the chapters, and I don't see why Takeda is so well liked.
Takeda is a horny ass kid. I don't value his relationship with Yuma not one bit.
He's been sulking for the last two chapters because despite being so nice he's still a virgin. Wow. Likeable af.
They had kissed just once, and he was already thinking about having her spend the night, when his parents wouldn't be home, he's really just thirsty af
His character the entire manga is literally just being the nice guy so he can get laid, if he was the mc in a het shoujo manga, none of the readers would find him pleasant at all, he's super sketchy. In his own way, he's manipulating Yuma as well. At this point, he's literally trying to guilt her into sleeping with him.
If he was a guy irl that my friend was dating, I'd be reaaally put off by him and keep a close eye on my friend, this is the kind of guy I'd worry about the most, those that act nice to get what they want

Literally everyone in the manga is manipulative af except for Yuma, who's just so dense and perhaps even intentionally choosing to turn a blind eye to what favors her situation the best.

No wonder the author is surprised at readers liking Takeda, she only wrote him as a shallow af character who just wants to get laid.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 2:15AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, i totally get your point there, still i wish authors put more effort on their stories, after reading tons and tons of yuri everything is starting to get repetitive. :P

Stories with diverse characters are always good.
The lack of substancial male characters bothers you, and yes it could be potentially an interesting change, for guys to be present and fleshed out and not just be obnoxious douchebags.
But for those present in Netsuzou Trap, it is clearly not happening, and I am not supporting Takeda at all.
He's basically that boyfriend your friend has that seems super sketchy; does he like her for her, or just wants to get laid?

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Takeda is a horny ass kid. I don't value his relationship with Yuma not one bit.
He's been sulking for the last two chapters because despite being so nice he's still a virgin. Wow. Likeable af.

I don't even like Takeda, but I think you're getting the wrong impression. The two are supposed to be dating yet when he asks Yuma about her problems she basically goes "none of your business". She brings up their relationship as a cover yet is visibly dreadful of his advances.

Yuma mentions she feels they are drifting apart and Takeda probably feels the same too, despite being partners, Yuma was so impersonal about everything that they felt more like strangers. I'm sure he's having the same worries as Yuma about their relationship when they were apart, rather than sulking about being a virgin.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 8:43AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

.>

I don't even like Takeda, but I think you're getting the wrong impression. The two are supposed to be dating yet when he asks Yuma about her problems she basically goes "none of your business". She brings up their relationship as a cover yet is visibly dreadful of his advances.

Yuma mentions she feels they are drifting apart and Takeda probably feels the same too, despite being partners, Yuma was so impersonal about everything that they felt more like strangers. I'm sure he's having the same worries as Yuma about their relationship when they were apart, rather than sulking about being a virgin.

B-but MelonBun-senpai, it's mostly him being a whiny HETSCUUUUMM! person right? ;~;

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

B-but MelonBun-senpai, it's mostly him being a whiny HETSCUUUUMM! person right? ;~;

~senpai~ o(≧▽≦)o

Well, while I understand the feeling of wanting to antagonize Takeda, if only because he is in the way, I think that is missing the point. Point being that Yuma's feelings lie with Hotaru, as shown by her apathetic attitude toward Takeda in that scene.

Think of it this way, if Hotaru and Yuma get together(They will), you wouldn't want Yuma to look at their relationship and think 'Oh, I'm only with Hotaru because Takeda was an asshole.'

Even if she herself is unaware, Yuma has already made her decision, her indifferent attitude which pushed Takeda away, her defensiveness of Hotaru and the fact that she still gravitates toward Hotaru despite her earlier guilt.

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:39AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It won't be that easy. I'm pretty sure Fujiwara is going to send Yuma on a guilt trip.

That will keep her from meddling in his business with Hotaru.

To reply you must either login or sign up.