Forum › Yuri Squid: Blue and Orange discussion

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I don't know about this stuff but I don't care, I like it anyway!

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

That last panel would make a lot more sense if I knew what the boys were doing there with those...controllers? I don't even know. There's no context, although I'm guessing it might make sense to someone who plays.

I thought it was the real players irl ... Playing both as girls, but then it doesn't make sense that they're squids too!
I've been following these, I can't believe you got all together and translated thank you very much!

I think that's the same guys from earlier who observed the yuri as it developed. My guess is that they bonded over being yuri fans and proceeded to add each other as friends or something.

Maybe? It'd help if the little popup boxes at the end were translated.

The boxes only say そうだ which is just a general agreement expression. Kind of a "that's right" or I guess in this context it could be "you're right".

Maybe it's some message you can send in-game?

Also the icons seem to imply they've added each others as friends or something. (Probably because they're both yuri fanboys).

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 10:39AM

Balrogwink
joined May 2, 2013

That last panel would make a lot more sense if I knew what the boys were doing there with those...controllers? I don't even know. There's no context, although I'm guessing it might make sense to someone who plays.

I thought it was the real players irl ... Playing both as girls, but then it doesn't make sense that they're squids too!
I've been following these, I can't believe you got all together and translated thank you very much!

I think that's the same guys from earlier who observed the yuri as it developed. My guess is that they bonded over being yuri fans and proceeded to add each other as friends or something.

The boxes only say そうだ which is just a general agreement expression. Kind of a "that's right" or I guess in this context it could be "you're right".

Also the icons seem to imply they've added each others as friends or something. (Probably because they're both yuri fanboys).

It's a Splatoon feature. In the city, other players that you have played with recently are hanging around. They can choose to show a Miiverse post they have made as a message to other players they meet, and you can voice your approval of said message by clicking a button with that stick figure +sign guy. So yes, they are simply voting their approval of what they are seeing. :)
Source: I play Splatoon.

As a side note, to those requesting more, this is the SECOND comic this author has made. Here's a shorter 2 page comic, translated by Splatoon Redditors!
http://i.imgur.com/aUqBP4x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1MtJcxW.png

EDIT: The other comic I linked is actually in the Eromame gallery on this site already...woops.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 11:04AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

The stick figure thing, I think, is a Miiverse thing--which is sort of like an internal Nintendo community dealy. As far as the 3DS goes, you can post pictures and posts about stuff, like a public forum, and other people can "Yeah!" it. I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I don't know what's more disturbing, that I love this doujin or that I have other squid girl yuri to compare it against.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't know what's more disturbing, that I love this doujin or that I have other squid girl yuri to compare it against.

I think you need to share that second squid yuri work with us so we can provide a larger comparative sample.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It's a Splatoon feature. In the city, other players that you have played with recently are hanging around. They can choose to show a Miiverse post they have made as a message to other players they meet, and you can voice your approval of said message by clicking a button with that stick figure +sign guy. So yes, they are simply voting their approval of what they are seeing. :)
Source: I play Splatoon.

As a side note, to those requesting more, this is the SECOND comic this author has made. Here's a shorter 2 page comic, translated by Splatoon Redditors!
http://i.imgur.com/aUqBP4x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1MtJcxW.png

EDIT: The other comic I linked is actually in the Eromame gallery on this site already...woops.

Yea. That last panel made me confused too. The icon looked like "adding a friend" with "sou da ne" (that's right) as confirmation, but I tried to find online how adding friends looks like in game, but couldn't find any video. Good thing that someone who actually owns a game, could explain that it is a like feature in the game (awesome idea btw.) Thanks ;3

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

As someone who plays the game. I can really enjoy everything about the Splatoon yuri.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I KNEW IT! I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE SEEING TENTACLE YURI ALL OVER THIS GAME! I KNEW IT!

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

As someone who plays the game. I can really enjoy everything about the Splatoon yuri.

Agreed. The squids are really cute 8D
And the game is fun.

De-geso

joined Aug 19, 2012

I can't find those strips on his pixiv. where are the source from? magazine scan?

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 1:02PM

Are they kids or squids?

joined Jan 27, 2015

this is gold

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

I was actually looking for stuff like this! I was like, hmm, wouldn't it be nice if there was yuri romances between splatoon squid girls? AND LOOK WHAT SHOWED UP OVER HERE WHEN I HAD JUST GIVEN UP

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 1:36PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I was actually looking for stuff like this! I was like, hmm, wouldn't it be nice if there was yuri romances between splatoon squid girls? AND LOOK WHAT SHOWED UP OVER HERE WHEN I HAD JUST GIVEN UP

The Goddess of Yuri is watching over us <3

Balrogwink
joined May 2, 2013

I can't find those strips on his pixiv. where are the source from? magazine scan?

Posted on his twitter https://twitter.com/ermame26

joined Mar 25, 2013

Posted on his twitter https://twitter.com/ermame26

The two pages are in the Images part btw, uploaded with the story.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

What...the heck did I just read.....

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

this is sooo cute!! lol those spectators though XD that's totally me

I need more

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 3:57PM

7236303-l
joined Jul 12, 2014

Yuri squid now. Yuri kid now. Yuri squid, yuri kid, yuri squid now.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

And the game is fun.

De-geso

I'd thumb you up for that Ikamusume reference if I could de geso :|

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

i knew this would happen eventually!!!
yess I'm so happy!!!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

And the game is fun.

De-geso

I'd thumb you up for that Ikamusume reference if I could de geso :|

Speaking of Ikamusume, is it true there's going to be a collaboration between it and Splatoon in the future?

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

This is really cute. And the yuri fan-squid-boys are a lot of fun.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I want this dude to make metroid yuri plz...

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 6:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.