Forum › New Game discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I'm actually a bit confused about the rules they're playing with in the dodgeball chapter. When I played dodgeball as a child, it was always a rule that if you caught someone's throw, THEY were out (so like, when Aoba's ball gets caught, she's out, not just her opponent having possession of the ball). I also never heard of getting people back into the game after they were out. Anyone familiar with the variant they're playing here?

The film Dodgeball seems to use a similar system (I think in that one, it was catching a ball that let you get back one of your outed teammates). Course Japanese high school dodgeball probably has its own rules.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

I'm actually a bit confused about the rules they're playing with in the dodgeball chapter. When I played dodgeball as a child, it was always a rule that if you caught someone's throw, THEY were out (so like, when Aoba's ball gets caught, she's out, not just her opponent having possession of the ball). I also never heard of getting people back into the game after they were out. Anyone familiar with the variant they're playing here?

The film Dodgeball seems to use a similar system (I think in that one, it was catching a ball that let you get back one of your outed teammates). Course Japanese high school dodgeball probably has its own rules.

I'm not sure about getting people back, but the rules I played was if you get hit and can't catch ball before it hit the ground, you are out. If you catch ball before of after being hit, the game is on and you now have chance to throw. So basically you either try to dodge ball or catch it so you can retaliate. If I remember correctly if you just dodge it, it would go back to enemy team so it was more profitable to take a risk and try to catch it yourself and try to take down someone on their side. I really don't remember, but I don't think we had a rule that once you catch a ball you can get someone back on field. I think we might do it sometimes, but I think we usually didn't because it would make game way too long.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Damnit, I've started to ship Hotaru with the teacher.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

In elementary school and middle school I remember sometimes playing that you could get back in but it was rare.

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

the rules i played with are that the outed teammate are positioned behind the enemy team, you can make pass to them, and if they have the ball they can shoot at the enemy team. if they get someone of the enemy team when they where out, they are allowed to come back in.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Guys, dodgeball isn't exactly a heavily regulated sport...

last edited at Aug 17, 2016 4:42AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

zeross39 posted:

the rules i played with are that the outed teammate are positioned behind the enemy team, you can make pass to them, and if they have the ball they can shoot at the enemy team. if they get someone of the enemy team when they where out, they are allowed to come back in.

Oh, I think we might used this rule sometimes. It sounds familiar.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Guys, dodgeball isn't exactly a heavily regulated sport...

Serious Business is serious, bruh. >:|

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

Omg those swimsuit shot... nose bleeding

joined May 23, 2015

This is basically the last of the introduction and set-up chapters. It's pretty much all plot after this.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Plot? In New Game?

Ewww

joined May 23, 2015

Fun fact: the author originally wanted to do the prequel series about Kou, but decided that Kou's past was far too dark and serious and didn't fit the tone of the series at all.

So it could have been even more plot and drama heavy.

The most recent story arc ending with Aoba completely breaking down and wailing on Nene's shoulder nonwithstanding...

joined Jul 26, 2016

I think Nene is a prity cool guy, seh trolls teachers and doesn't afraid of beetles.

joined May 20, 2013

Nene: Guilty Slayer of the Purin

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Chinatsu-sensei is pretty cute :3

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

All I could think while reading the latest chapter is "those bikini bottoms are awfully low..I bet the view from behind is nice".

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Wohohoho.. Nenechi is on a roll today.. Big boobs win the girls

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Nenechi IS surprisingly busty. Oo

joined May 20, 2013

All I could think while reading the latest chapter is "those bikini bottoms are awfully low..I bet the view from behind is nice".

Showing off those V lines has been a trend as of late, even in non-ecchi art, I've noticed

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This spin-off isnt set in the timeline, right? Or theyd have all recognized each other. So i bet eventually this thread will become super-confusing.

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

? It's in high school so set before the manga start ?

And in the main manga they meet hotaru and recognize her alright

last edited at Aug 25, 2016 5:01AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Dandy, dandy~

bonus, very satisfied looking Umiko right after capturing Nenechi

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Damn, ep 09 was so gay. <3 Love the additions they made compared to the manga, they really fit in well with the story and with the characters.

That RinKou red herring was cute and I loved Nenechi going pantyshot hunting in the game. XD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Fitting for the fall...

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Fitting for the fall...

I wonder what the pun in Japanese is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.