Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

There are other moments where Kasumi is openly gay for Sakurako too like when she casually joked about marrying Sakurako in front of the mom

She wasn’t joking.

Of course, this was a joke...

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

"I've longed to have a dear, special friend just like they have".

Then they kiss off-camera. Even the in-story characters are joining the meme.

EDIT: I kinda fear now for Kasumi living under the same roof as the lecherous beast Sakurako has become.

Kasumi has Sakurako basically on leash at this point lol, she has nothing to fear.

There are other moments where Kasumi is openly gay for Sakurako too like when she casually joked about marrying Sakurako in front of the mom

She wasn’t joking.

Strange how people think it's joke when there is nothing indicating this is the case. I guess the scene was supposed to be humourous but Kasumi herself sure was serious. I don't she is the sort of people to joke about theses sort of thing anyway

No indication? She was laughing while she said it..

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Strange how people think it's joke when there is nothing indicating this is the case. I guess the scene was supposed to be humourous but Kasumi herself sure was serious. I don't she is the sort of people to joke about theses sort of thing anyway

Smiling is not laughing... And there is no indication she didn't mean it. She never contradicted it any point and is okay with Sakurako talking about their honeymoon.

And again, what is your explanation for Kasumi kissing Sakurako of her own volition?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

So, the opposition party still exists? Acceptable IRL. Unacceptable on this thread. You're lucky I'm not interested in purges. What I am interested in is shifting your view on the "issue" (if we can even call it that, at this point) at hand here to the majority opinion. The concensus is near-unanimous. Let's make it fully unanimous.

joined Mar 28, 2018

I tend to read Kasumi as latent. She's in love with and committed to a relationship with Sakurako, but she doesn't even know the word lesbian. So yes the marriage comment was a joke, but she's unaware of the underlying feelings of jealousy that spurred her to say it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, the opposition party still exists? Acceptable IRL. Unacceptable on this thread. You're lucky I'm not interested in purges.

Not that it would matter if you were.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, the opposition party still exists? Acceptable IRL. Unacceptable on this thread. You're lucky I'm not interested in purges.

Not that it would matter if you were.

BV is given to these, um . . . flights of fancy from time to time. Jocularity rather than actual delusions of grandeur.

I'm pretty sure.

So far.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ The only thinks I get the feeling of grandeur (delusional or not) is if I talk to someone (or some people) about either mapping or history, with the other person (or people) having less knowledge of (or me having a feeling they have less knowledge of), if not mapping in general or history in general, then, at least a mapping series or a historical period or event, in comparison to me.
So, honestly, I think the (by a colossal margin) biggest risk area on this site would be Dynasty Cafe.

last edited at May 4, 2019 7:12PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If this is a form of humor it is entirely too advanced for my regressive lizard brain.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If this is a form of humor it is entirely too advanced for my regressive lizard brain.

Not lizard brain

joined Oct 22, 2018

Humor or not, this comment outshines every joke, prank, pun, meme or other form of humor I ever made in terms of how funny i found it. This, and Nezchan's reply to it.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Smiling is not laughing... And there is no indication she didn't mean it. She never contradicted it any point and is okay with Sakurako talking about their honeymoon.

And again, what is your explanation for Kasumi kissing Sakurako of her own volition?

Maybe she loves her, but FOR ME is it not romantic Love.
And some people kiss their friends on the cheek, and are not in love with them.

joined Mar 28, 2018

When you get a chapter about them pondering if they are best friends, or Kasumi offering up Sakurako to a goukon, it gets a bit hard to see Kasumi feeling anything romantic for Sakurako. Or, at least, being conscious of feeling that way about Sakurako.

Still, I find Kasumi pretty romantic towards Sakurako even if she doesn't have those kinds of feelings for her.

There's little things, like remembering her birthday and white day, and getting her that stone kiln microwave oven she mentioned wanting (of course, this example is self serving for gluttonous Kasumi).

Then there's times like when Sakurako mentions off hand how nice it'd be to see Kasumi in a magazine and so she does it, despite originally becoming a sketch model because being a photo model was too much of a pain.

Sometimes she even looks like she's trying to be smooth, like when Sakurako complains about the sun on their school trip so Kasumi takes off her hat, buys a parasol, and invites Sakurako to share it.

And then there's the time when they hadn't spent much time together because Kasumi was busy so she spent the entire day with her head in Sakurako's lap, and even begged to order in so they could spend the time that'd be spent cooking in physical contact instead. Then they cuddled all the way through eating dinner. I think this falls under skinship for debunking romanticism.

Still if she's like that with just a friend, she'd probably be a pretty good partner in a romantic relationship. Except for finding the idea of dating too much of a pain to bother with.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And then there's the time when they hadn't spent much time together because Kasumi was busy so she spent the entire day with her head in Sakurako's lap, and even begged to order in so they could spend the time that'd be spent cooking in physical contact instead. Then they cuddled all the way through eating dinner. I think this falls under skinship for debunking romanticism.

Just so I understand the argument, you're citing the above as evidence that Kasumi does NOT have romantic feelings for Sakurako, is that correct?

joined Mar 28, 2018

Just so I understand the argument, you're citing the above as evidence that Kasumi does NOT have romantic feelings for Sakurako, is that correct?

Nope! I'm saying that it isn't sufficient evidence that Kasumi is romantically interested in Sakurako because skinship is a thing, so it can be explained away. I find the episode romantic.

Usually I talk about them as being an unselfaware asexual lesbian couple. As in a female partnership that doesn't have sex, and doesn't recognize themselves as a couple even though they function as one. Even with Sakurako, I sometimes think she thinks of herself as a fan rather than as romantically interested.

I'm in the 'they really are romantically interested in each other' camp. I just don't entirely believe either one of them realizes it. And I can fully understand why someone would say it isn't true.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ This all strikes me as a bizarrely complicated definitional exercise. I assume it must serve to accomplish some satisfying intellectual or emotional goal, but what that reward is I cannot fathom.

But, enjoy!

EDIT:

Even with Sakurako, I sometimes think she thinks of herself as a fan rather than as romantically interested.

The sort of fan who wants their idol to non-romantically sit on their face, that is.

last edited at May 6, 2019 7:25AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I wouldn't call Sakurako a fan of Kasumi's. I'd call her the grand priestess of the Kasumiist faith.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ah yes, the well known kiss on the mouth between best friends.
Followed by the girl pal piledriver into bed.
And then the sister-from-another-mother scissor.
Topped off with the perfectly platonic marriage ceremony.

deep sigh

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well... While I don't really disagree with you, we do have Girl Friends as an example where this happens even without the "best" part there - leading to Mari not realizing Akko's feelings because of this.

Admittedly, Kasumi (nor anyone else in this series) is not known for doing this with anyone else, though.

last edited at May 6, 2019 8:39AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well... While I don't really disagree with you, we do have Girl Friends as an example where this happens even without the "best" part there - leading to Mari not realizing Akko's feelings because of this.

Admittedly, Kasumi (nor anyone else in this series) is not known for doing this with anyone else, though.

And it was already complete nonsense there. One of the weakest parts of Girl Friends was the fake conflict forced by the insistence that this is something girls do, ever, anywhere. At least it was set up as a plot point there though, so it sort of was justifiable in this fictional story.

Not in Room For Two. Until some really jarring exposition scene happens that sets up such a ludicrous rule, we have to treat this with common sense.

last edited at May 6, 2019 8:43AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I don't even know why you lot keep trying lol. On another note, I miss having regular update already. Damn you Yuri Ichigo for catching up so fast ! (Thanks you too for the same reason !)

Guess I will just reread it again while waiting for the next chapter

joined Mar 28, 2018

I wouldn't call Sakurako a fan of Kasumi's. I'd call her the grand priestess of the Kasumiist faith.

That is kind of it. Being so over the top about it that she's hard to take seriously. Especially since an idol is someone to fawn over from a distance, and Kasumi is right there. In her bed.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

...I just realized this, but what's "tried to survive on a deserted island" referencing? The Island manga which ended? That'd be slightly strange-it isn't that famous and it isn't Yuri.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

deep sigh

LOL ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^ )

Irony: (noun) the expression of one's meaning by using language that signifies the opposite, for humorous or emphatic effect.

Thanks for the brilliant example!

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

deep sigh

Kasumi kissed Sakurako never with the intention of a Kiss on the Mouth.
But yeah, i know you're easily offended when someone has other opinion than you...

last edited at May 6, 2019 2:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.