Forum › A Room For Two discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

At this point if someone believe it's still subtext or that the mains relationship is one sided, I will just question their reading comprehension and move on. Why have this kind of argument for the hundred time when we can all talk about how many child Sakurako want to have

2 daughters (so Mochi can make a spin-off)

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

At this point if someone believe it's still subtext or that the mains relationship is one sided, I will just question their reading comprehension and move on. Why have this kind of argument for the hundred time when we can all talk about how many child Sakurako want to have

Well, for me is this one sided... What let you think that's not so? ( honest question )

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 4:24PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well, for me is this one sided... What let you think that's not so? ( honest question )

To avert for Blastaar to get a stroke, I'd suggest reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread. Or the last 20. 30? I think every single page has revolved around this topic in one way or another. The evidence is so overwhelming that it speaks for itself, but for those who do not converse with evidence, there is plenty of explaining there.

Honestly though, just out of sheer morbid curiosity... what did you think that kiss Kasumi gave Sakurako was about? Trying to lick leftover food off her face?

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 4:43PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Nyangomaru

Honestly though, just out of sheer morbid curiosity... what did you think that kiss Kasumi gave Sakurako was about? Trying to lick leftover food off her face?

I just want to add to add to @BugDevil's point here: there was no leftover food on Sakurako's face at the time.

And let's not even mention how many times they interlocked fingers.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks to BugDevil, I deleted my unpleasantly snarky original response and had a beer.

My previous theory that this series constitutes an interdimensional rift so that some panels are inaccessible on the plane of existence inhabited by certain readers remains unrefuted.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Thanks to BugDevil, I deleted my unpleasantly snarky original response and had a beer.

My previous theory that this series constitutes an interdimensional rift so that some panels are inaccessible on the plane of existence inhabited by certain readers remains unrefuted.

The way I read your theory now makes me think that, if it were an interdimensional rift, it would be actually that all panels would be accessible on various different planes of existence.
Because of either my poor reading of the name you gave to the theory or your poor wording of it (depending on how one looks at it), I'm gonna put forward an alternate theory. Some panels have "dissappeared" from some readers' internet because of things like quantum tunnelling: the quantum particles showing the panels simply used tunneling to (and I'm gonna grossly oversimplify it, so all our brains wouldn't fry, melt or evaporate, depending on the person) "teleport" to some location and do something else rather than showing those "missing" panels.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dammit, BV, I’m not a scientist, I’m a . . . something that’s not a scientist!

All I know is that some readers and I don’t share something.

“Futaribeya is not yuri”? Well, like I said, there are all kinds of idiosyncratic personal criteria out there for what counts as “yuri,” so at this point I’ve decided that if calling this series something else addresses someone’s deep personal need, and there’s no attempt to force their definition on others, I for one shall not stand in anybody’s way.

But “the feelings between Sakurako and Kasumi are one-sided”? That’s a different matter.

Kasu on Saku: “She’s my wife.”
Kasu on Saku: “I can’t imagine my life without Saku.”

Either there’s a cognitive issue in decoding text or a problem in the space-time continuum.

The science I leave to you.

EDIT: BugDevil, I think we’re safe as long as it’s just theorizing and we make sure to keep BV away from the lab.

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 8:40AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Don't leave the science to BV please.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm not a scientist myself, but I sometimes just happen to dive deep into a science from time to time (usually astronomy, certain fields of biology or certain fields of physics). And, don't worry, I would leave the labwork for the actual scientists to do.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

Some are simply stubborn pedants and unless the phrase "I love you" and/or "Let's go out" is said, they won't register it as anything else other than subtext. After all what if we assume they really are dating, but then author throws some sudden het or something at us?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

After all what if we assume they really are dating, but then author throws some sudden het or something at us?

Actually, I cackled imagining a het guy trying to get between Sakurako and Kasumi.

I don’t know which would be a greater threat to the guy’s masculinity: Kasumi’s withering indifference or Sakurako armed with kitchen utensils.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Some are simply stubborn pedants and unless the phrase "I love you" and/or "Let's go out" is said, they won't register it as anything else other than subtext.

Clearly a "I love you" is not enough anymore since we had this a few chapter ago.

After all what if we assume they really are dating, but then author throws some sudden het or something at us?

The moment we avoided any kind of mixer drama, I knew something like that would never happen lol

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

On the topic of guys, Yukiko-sensei goes absolutely out of her way to make them as un-"threatening" as possible.
Every man that appeared in the story:
-Older bro afraid of girls
-Kawawa bro who resisted Kasumi's beauty, which goes against their very genes, meaning he is aroace
-A burnt out teacher who doesn't give a crap about anything anymore
-A teddybear daddy
-A club member who has less involvement with the "plot" than characters that live in a different school dorm and only visit every few months. Who also asks for more guys in his club full of pretty girls (aka gay)

This is how you do yuri stories that don't forget men exist.

joined Oct 22, 2018

In addition, I remember that, somewhere much earlier, some guys tried hitting on Kasumi, and, as lazy and indifferent as Kasumi is, she declined, saying she was already with someone (I explicitly remember the guys assuming she got a boyfriend, and Kasumi thinking to herself something along the lines of "I never said it was a boyfriend, though"). Looking back on it now, I think it would've been dumb to think Sakurako's love for Kasumi was one-sided even back then, and it would be purely idiotic and delusional to say it still is right now.
Even if a guy who would go for either of the MCs did emerge, he would scarcely count as a threat, as the Sakurako x Kasumi ship is waaaaay too well grounded.
Not to mention that Sakurako is up there with Arisa from "Bright and Cheery Amnesia" as the no.1 gayest character I've seen thus far.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 10:36AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Mob characters aren't real characters, so I don't count them.

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

Will this stop updateing now that it is licensed?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hasn't stopped Dynasty with any other release (AnoKiss updated for literal years after being licensed), so I doubt it. We just reached the most recent chapter, so now it will take a while.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 9:42AM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

In addition, I remember that, somewhere much earlier, some guys tried hitting on Kasumi, and, as lazy and indifferent as Kasumi is, she declined, saying she was already with someone (I explicitly remember the guys assuming she got a boyfriend, and Kasumi thinking to herself something along the lines of "I never said it was a boyfriend, though"). Looking back on it now, I think it would've been dumb to think Sakurako's love for Kasumi was one-sided even back then, and it would be purely idiotic and delusional to say it still is right now.
Even if a guy who would go for either of the MCs did emerge, he would scarcely count as a threat, as the Sakurako x Kasumi ship is waaaaay too well grounded.
Not to mention that Sakurako is up there with Arisa from "Bright and Cheery Amnesia" as the no.1 gayest character I've seen thus far.

On the side stands "It's a lie"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hasn't stopped Dynasty with any other release (AnoKiss updated for literal years after being licensed), so I doubt it. We just reached the most recent chapter, so not it will take a while.

The general rule is if the scanlators keep supplying chapters, and the publisher (English or Japanese) or artist don't tell us to cease and desist, we'll keep on posting what comes in.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Me to myself after reading Nezchan's latest comment on this thread:
"Don't be tempted. DO. NOT. PUT. VERSES. FROM. PEWDIEPIE'S. "CONGRATULATIONS". HERE."

0b21d3bd644f4d653b7731e7035d82f4
joined Mar 19, 2019

Huh... two eggs product child XD

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Every man that appeared in the story:
-Older bro afraid of girls
-Kawawa bro who resisted Kasumi's beauty, which goes against their very genes, meaning he is aroace
-A burnt out teacher who doesn't give a crap about anything anymore
-A teddybear daddy
-A club member who has less involvement with the "plot" than characters that live in a different school dorm and only visit every few months. Who also asks for more guys in his club full of pretty girls (aka gay)

I'm worried about this universe's population collapse after that... But maybe the girls will make lot of science babies to make up for the difference.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Blastaar posted:

Some are simply stubborn pedants and unless the phrase "I love you" and/or "Let's go out" is said, they won't register it as anything else other than subtext. After all what if we assume they really are dating, but then author throws some sudden het or something at us?

If I recall correctly, there's a chapter where Saku asks Kasu to outright say "I like you," so Kasu starts saying that as a matter of habit.

joined Mar 28, 2018

Which she says to a little girl who just about proposes to Sakurako. While putting an arm covetously around Sakurako. And if you say that it was just a joke, she didn't really mean it, well, she did bop Sakurako for trying to kiss Seri while drunk at the flower viewing in a burst of anger that surprised even herself.

But what gets me is that once they hit college these start two ship baiting not the readers, but every other character they know in the story. The college friends who blush over Sakurako's bold declarations of a satisfying sex life (not to mention they think the two are a proud, openly a gay couple). Their high school junior, Seri, was partially emboldened to get into a lesbian relationship because she wanted to emulate them (imagine her shock that they didn't cross that line). Kasumi brags about their effortless five year relationship to her boss who wants to know the secret so he can smooth his own 20 year marriage. Sakurako's family seems to accept them as a couple in that they ask them, not just her, to visit more often. Kasumi treated it as a joke, but I get a feeling her mother meant it when she called Sakurako her capable daughter-in-law.

I keep imaging them ending up at some kind of surprise engagement party arranged jointly by their parents (an excuse for the parents to meet each others), where those two go 'who's engaged? nono, we aren't like that' followed by chapters of people's reactions, interrogatives, and essentially a 'you two are a couple' intervention at the end. Isn't it fun to imagine what everyone they know would ask or say to them under those circumstances?

last edited at May 2, 2019 10:49PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Some people just like to start a fire, and peacefully sit there, watching the World burn.
I swear, if the author goes dow that route, it'd be Macedonia from VoidViper's "Alternate Future of Isolated Europe" all over again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.