ForumNews Unfortunate News

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That guy is pretty hilarious.
But I guess he's right since he called his opinion a fact. And facts are facts, after all.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

MASAKA!

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Eh, I feel pretty passionately about the pairings I support so having read it I don't think it was that crazy. :P Some parts of it were loopy but I think there was a little truth there as well.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Bottom line: He might be a crack who definitely doesn't like crack, pairing that is.
That wall of text was like an ancient script arguing the shape of the earth being flat and the universe being geocentric.
Where is the lie though

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Eh, I feel pretty passionately about the pairings I support so having read it I don't think it was that crazy. :P Some parts of it were loopy but I think there was a little truth there as well.

He is just unbelievable annoying and derails dozen of /a/ and /u/ threads with his stupid "facts"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

He is just unbelievable annoying and derails dozen of /a/ and /u/ threads with his stupid "facts"

I keep expecting him to start saying jet fuel won't melt steel beams.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Has he showed up here at all?? O_o

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yes i remembre him on a Kyoko Sayaka (or something like that ) thread... I think It was him, if not there are two of that kind x)

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 1:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

He's showed up here many times, and always spreads the same stuff. Sometimes worse, he's got some obsession with "faceless man rape" and really going after anyone who likes non-fanon ships or OT3's. He and his posts generally don't last long.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

whew I was preparing my body for bad news about an author dying or something. Had me worried there! Glad it was something that could be more easily sorted out!

Hah! I had the same thought. I was like...did someone die????

I was curious to read the rant everyone was talking about, but now that I see it, I'm wondering if I should even bother. Those huge blocks of text hurts my eyes. Maybe I'll read it when I want to kill a couple of brain cells.

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 2:18PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

whew I was preparing my body for bad news about an author dying or something. Had me worried there! Glad it was something that could be more easily sorted out!

Me too, I thought that we "triggered" someone and the site was going to change drastically ... I went to see that credit page, Deer God dat wall of text ...such passion...I didn't read.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I went to see that credit page, Deer God dat wall of text ...such passion...I didn't read.

Haha, totally me x)
Well, I read the first sentence at least

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I saw there was an awesome dump of KyouSaya last night, but I had to go to bed so I put them off last night. I had a mini heart attack when I saw they were taken down.

I have no idea why they were taken down, but it was probably a very smart and good reason from what I'm picking up. I am very sorry this happened. Thank you for taking the time to upload them and then dealing with the situation anyway.

EDIT: Apparently it's some credits page? I'm curious...where is said credits page?

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 2:52PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

C'mon Nez. We all know steel is the hardest element on this planet.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Wrong. The strongest element is [T]roll and all other elements bow down before it. It has been proven in internet labs across the world.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

"Unfortunate News" more like Unfortunate Jews.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

EDIT: Apparently it's some credits page? I'm curious...where is said credits page?

You can see it on the g.e-hentai links posted on the first page.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Alright so his words bear some truth in the concept that a crack shipping can put a huge dent in a story by forcing it to become something its not and soiling much of the story itself...but being against fanon =/= crack. Crack shipping would be like the Slaine x Inaho stuff I've seen every now and again on Tumblr.

But he already loses credibility in saying that a story is set in stone. A story is a communication between speaker and audience, and the audience has cart blanc on interpreting it in any which way they want to. Now there are wrong interpretations (such as saying Madoka was about why obesity is ruining the world), but there are also an innumerable amount of "correct" interpretations.

The whole deal with OT3...I am still struggling to find an answer to that question. I honestly don't know about whether OT3s can work or not. Now I understand that OT3s can work as a lustful engagement, but as a romantic sort? I'm not sure either way...so I can't really comment on that.

But all in all...this is what happens when you refuse to question your beliefs and approach things from every perspective.

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 4:32PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Alright so his words bear some truth in the concept that a crack shipping can put a huge dent in a story by forcing it to become something its not and soiling much of the story itself...but being against fanon =/= crack. Crack shipping would be like the Slaine x Inaho stuff I've seen every now and again on Tumblr.

You know, now that I read it in 3 lines of text without all the one-true-fact-attitude, I kinda get where you're coming from. I'm okay with crack pairings and think they're fun most of the time but if I just switch it out with Girl from subtext show x Male original character, then yeah. Totally soiling.

The whole deal with OT3...I am still struggling to find an answer to that question. I honestly don't know about whether OT3s can work or not. Now I understand that OT3s can work as a lustful engagement, but as a romantic sort? I'm not sure either way...so I can't really comment on that.

It seems to work for some people. There are people that support marrying more than one person, I imagine out own interest, and I've seen some people on the internet talk about their relationships with more than 2 people involved.
But all things considered, Manga is fiction and if the author wants OT3s to work then they'll work. Every reader just decides for themself if they're okay with it afterwards. Personally, if the author shows that there is affection between every one of them and that they are actually like, emotionally bonded, I'm okay with it.
This totally works for me and Two & Two really didn't, for example.

Tumblr_ndswy8zyst1tbrceao1_1280
joined Mar 17, 2015

So when will the KyouSaya/Madoka doujin will be release again?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

So when will the KyouSaya/Madoka doujin will be release again?

If anyone else scanlates them they'll be added again.

If not, well, never I guess. ._.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

And I was wondering where all the Madoka doujins I saw yesterday went. Thought I was never going to see them again. But this situation is understandable.

The rant itself just feels painful reading. The terrible writing aside, it's understandable that we all "read off" of works we consume by processing them through our own values. We become quite attached with our own interpretations because it is a reflection of what we believe in. Most of us are sufficiently self-aware to know better than to preach our own evaluations without being asked, but Anon is either to egotistical or to oblivious to understand restraint.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Thank god he's not in the Love Live fandom.

OT9 for life, yo.

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Well, I couldn't possibly be more against OT[number]s anyways, and I think his point about respecting characters applies equally well to crack pairings and OT[number]s (the second paragraph from the bottom is pretty much pure truth, as far as I'm concerned.)

The part that reeked of crazy to me was the whole 'if it didn't happen in cannon it doesn't count' part, which is ridiculous on the face of it because all doujins exist to portay things that didn't happen in the cannon. There would be no point, otherwise.

I get the desire to keep things in character, but none of the characters explicitly had a romantic relationship in the orginal series, so I don't see why Homura x Kyoko is 'less valid' than or 'degrading' compared to Homura x Madoka or Kyoko x Sayaka (assuming you keep things in character, in which case all that is explicitly portrayed in the original is a strong friendship between Homura and Madoka and Kyoko and Sayaka.)

In the closing paragraph he seems to simply be arguing there's more evidence for HomuMado and KyoSaya (which I don't think anyone is disputing), which seems to be an extension of what overall seems to be an argument to keep things in character (again, I get that.) But If you keep the chracters 100% identical to the original series then nothing will happen that didn't happen in the original series, which again defeats the purpose of making a doujin in the first place. All doujins involve at least tweaking the cannon.

Tl;dr: a few good points wrapped in a lot of crazy, as far as I'm concerned.

On the other hand, he could just be a troll, in which case I put waaaay too much thought into this. :p

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

On the other hand, he could just be a troll, in which case I put waaaay too much thought into this. :p

On the third hand, just don't read doujinshi/fanfics/whatever depicting couples you don't like. It's seriously that easy.

This topic has been locked.