Forum › Lily Love discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Have fictional lesbians never seen someone blush before in their lives? Who mistakes blushing for being sick? Genuinely have no idea where that cliche even came from.

Maybe she knew and took advantage of it ~

Not really. I mean if you read yuri you know that this cliche was coming sooner later...
Its a Japanese thing.

But of course Lily Love isn't from Japan...

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Not really a cliche, quite a lot of times when you have a fever you are more red in the face.

No, it's definitely a cliche. The red flush of a fever is distinctly different from someone who's blushing out of embarrassment, and I'm pretty sure feverish people aren't leaping around the room in an energised frenzy whilst stuttering out denials to inquiries into their health.

No idea how anybody can think a blush is anything like a fever. A fever is a symptom of an illness, for one, and it's very rarely the only one.

joined Mar 25, 2013

No, it's definitely a cliche. The red flush of a fever is distinctly different from someone who's blushing out of embarrassment, and I'm pretty sure feverish people aren't leaping around the room in an energised frenzy whilst stuttering out denials to inquiries into their health.

No idea how anybody can think a blush is anything like a fever. A fever is a symptom of an illness, for one, and it's very rarely the only one.

In manga it's a cliche sure, but you've never seen someone being a little delusional with a high fever? Also it doesn't necessarily equal to you being tired as hell, I for one don't really feel any different when I have a fever besides the feeling of coldness. My face is also very flushed. So really, you may base how fevers are on your experience, but I base it on mine and I know for a fact that it can happen.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All right, all right. We've already had a pointless scuffle over clichés over in the Fluttering Feelings discussion, we don't need it here as well. Go read TV Tropes instead, lots of them over there.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

All right, all right. We've already had a pointless scuffle over clichés over in the Fluttering Feelings discussion, we don't need it here as well. Go read TV Tropes instead, lots of them over there.

.... That doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Cliché or not...it's still super cute and has enough substance to keep me coming back.

Well not for me. I dropped Cirtus cold like I'm going to do with this one.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Darn it!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Moderators always ruining the fun! DAMN YOU NEZCHAN!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Cliché or not...it's still super cute and has enough substance to keep me coming back.

Well not for me. I dropped Cirtus cold like I'm going to do with this one.

I shall alert the news media on your behalf.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Moderators always ruining the fun! DAMN YOU NEZCHAN!!

I'm the best there is at what I do.

And what I do is a huge cliché!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan

But of course Lily Love isn't from Japan...

But everything is secretly from Japan?

joined Jan 8, 2014

she really captured those little moments day to day when your with someone you want and care about ...* nosebleed* such a heart pounding moment....
"Will laundry forever be the bane of my existence!!??!!!" Lol, now its even interrupting the yuri ^_^
still lovin this series, cant wait for the next ch!

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah, wow. Every time I come back to this series to check up on it I always fall in love with the art style over, and over again.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

No car accident yet. We're in the clear.

And at least, the ex wasn't a random hunk. P'mew isn't a dykeling. Probably has been a lesbian forever.

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 2:33AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

P'mew isn't a dykeling. Probably has been a lesbian forever.

Yep. When I was talking with Ratana about characters, I mentioned how Mew is confident about herself being gay and that I have a feeling she knew about being gay at very young age. And Ratana told me that I am right about it :)

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

P'mew isn't a dykeling. Probably has been a lesbian forever.

Yep. When I was talking with Ratana about characters, I mentioned how Mew is confident about herself being gay and that I have a feeling she knew about being gay at very young age. And Ratana told me that I am right about it :)

Her character just has that aura. I know what I want and I've known for a long time. You are what I want and now I'll do everything I can to keep you. I love P'Mews confidence, very attractive quality.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Her character just has that aura. I know what I want and I've known for a long time. You are what I want and now I'll do everything I can to keep you. I love P'Mews confidence, very attractive quality.

Exactly! ^_^

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

patiently waiting for Donut to be eaten.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

hahaha...I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!

I think we are all waiting for it now.

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 8:35AM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i can see some FF parallelisms --- confident hot girl, neighbors, college, making a pass at the new-lesbian with short hair, being gay is not an issue in asia, to name a few.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Weeeeelll, No-rae had long hair before her nap :P

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Looks at the relationship progress in FF after 48 chapters

Looks at Lily Love after 10 chapters

Nods knowlingly

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

i can see some FF parallelisms --- confident hot girl, neighbors, college, making a pass at the new-lesbian with short hair, being gay is not an issue in asia, to name a few.

Well I don't know about the being gay isn't an issue in asia, since in FF they haven't really addressed it I think. Heck, they just recently realized their feelings. And for this, i don't know it seems like Thai is somewhat cool with homosexuality because of tv shows like Hormones and Love Sick (maybe?)

joined Jan 8, 2014

hahaha...I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!

I think we are all waiting for it now.

Lol! Mew is totally savoring every moment until then! (And so is the author)
I am too....tho it would be fun to see a reversal(all thanks to Mew awakening Donuts desires)
*nosebleed....ACK! I think I may have to re-read

joined Dec 1, 2010

the way this is going, it has the potential to become one of my favorite stories maybe ever :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.