Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Also, I just noticed - there's no multi-tag search for images?
I think we have enough now to consider it

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 3:01AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Also, I just noticed - there's no multi-tag search for images?
I think we have enough now to consider it

On the main Images section:

images

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 3:24AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Aah, I see, I was looking in Seach page

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Suggestions relating to uploaders...

• Some kind of testing ground for uploads so that we can check our chapter uploaded fine before pushing it out publicly. (Yeah, I do realise the current workaround of editing the release date, but it's not quite the same.)

• Ability to have images upload in the background as soon as I select the archive while I fill in the other form fields required to upload a chapter. (My upload speed sucks so it would actually kinda help, haha.)

• Even nicer would be being able to link to an externally hosted archive and have the upload form pull it from there rather than have me reupload the file.

• Making it more clear which form field you pick to add a series' Doujin tag vs. its Manga tag. I don't know how many times I've added a Doujin to a Manga release tag, or I forget to add the tag altogether. It's not really in a particularly obvious place at the moment.

• Open source your code so I can make pull requests when I'm procrastinating working on scanlations... <_<

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Hey, if you need help with the actual uploading and stuff, you can always let another uploader upload it for you instead. I'm perfectly willing to help with that.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Honestly, my biggest pet peeve is having to upload a file twice. Australian upload speeds blow so hard. And getting others to help with that doesn't really solve the problem so much as make it slightly less annoying at the expense of bothering a third party & communicating tags etc. I might as well just use the upload form at that stage.

I don't really have a problem with using the current upload system (although I do often forget the doujin series tag), but it could certainly be better.

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 6:06AM

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

I don't know if this has been suggested, I skimmed through and didn't see it, but it would be great to be able to click on people's names in image comments (to take you to their posting history, like you can get to via normal comments.) <3

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 3:39PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Small Riddle of the Devil

pg 24 has a mistranslation from /a/,

/u/ corrected it: http://imgur.com/pudTcFy

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'd like more control over my lists being able to not only rename them, but delete and create lists at my leisure. Also, does the subscription folder actually subscribe you to a series and put the updates on the front page? Just curious because I'd like a way to prioritize a series, an author, a tag, and etc. and, have it appear on the front page. Maybe in a third column to the left of the main update part. So that way, if someone is away from the site for a while, they can log-on, and scroll down that column and see what they had missed.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'd like more control over my lists being able to not only rename them, but delete and create lists at my leisure.

I might be confused as to what you're asking, but you already can create and delete lists as much as you want as far as I know. Here are examples from my lists section. Click on create lists to, well, create lists, and delete to delete, lol

images

In regards to subscriptions, it sends a email to you informing you of updates to whatever you subscribe to. Adding a section to the front page for them would likely be a pretty bad idea, as theres not enough suitable space left on the main page for it to fit in.

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 10:52AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm talking about the top four. I don't use three of them and I'd just like to delete them if I wanted too. Though the subscription thing makes to me now, since, if you read the next paragraph below ><.

Also, didn't know the subscription worked like that, I'll.... sooo I've been using an email I don't use anymore! X-P No wonder it wasn't working. (I hadn't looked at my profile since first singing up lol.) And I see about adding another column to the front page. Just a thought :)

__atago_kantai_collection_drawn_by_unagimaru__599e7464aad069784080b95374e08f40%20(1)
joined Apr 1, 2014

I think it'd be nice if we could add short descriptions to our lists, just as we can to pools on Danbooru.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Possibly we should take up a collection to send Nez on vacation after having to deal with that Shuninta thread.

It's catching all the spoilers on the Fluttering Feelings thread that really wears you down. Especially when you don't want to be spoiled yourself.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It would be neat if we could filter our lists, it can get a little bit cluttered and I barely use them.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Possibly we should take up a collection to send Nez on vacation after having to deal with that Shuninta thread.

The Feelings we must Endure one eh? There was some great back and forth in that one for sure despite some of the more crazier posts lol. I really enjoyed reading the discussion.

It's catching all the spoilers on the Fluttering Feelings thread that really wears you down. Especially when you don't want to be spoiled yourself.

Yeah. I saw one of my posts get spoilered. Didn't think it needed it as I thought I was vague enough. I suppose, when in doubt spoil it huh??

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The Feelings we must Endure one eh? There was some great back and forth in that one for sure despite some of the more crazier posts lol. I really enjoyed reading the discussion.

Yeah. I saw one of my posts get spoilered. Didn't think it needed it as I thought I was vague enough. I suppose, when in doubt spoil it huh??

Well, at this point I'm not what you'd call precise about it so I'd say that's a good policy. Thing is, that far down the line pretty much anything about the story is a spoiler. Especially since I'm certain there are a lot of people not going over to /u/ or wherever to read ahead.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well, at this point I'm not what you'd call precise about it so I'd say that's a good policy. Thing is, that far down the line pretty much anything about the story is a spoiler. Especially since I'm certain there are a lot of people not going over to /u/ or wherever to read ahead.

This is exactly why I've taken to completely skipping over any post in the Fluttering Feelings thread that has a spoiler. Maybe I've missed it though but why is Dynasty actually so far behind what's translated elsewhere?

last edited at Mar 7, 2015 7:23PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is exactly why I've taken to completely skipping over any post in the Fluttering Feelings thread that has a spoiler. Maybe I've missed it though but why is Dynasty actually so far behind what's translated elsewhere?

The group releases "roughs" in their Google Drive; these are the equivalent of a QC version on YP - they are then cleaned up and released at "best" quality separately. From my understanding, chapter 6 is well on its way, and we'll upload that, and future chapters, as soon as they're done.

last edited at Mar 7, 2015 9:10PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

The group releases "roughs" in their Google Drive; these are the equivalent of a QC version on YP - they are then cleaned up and released at "best" quality separately. From my understanding, chapter 6 is well on its way, and we'll upload that, and future chapters, as soon as they're done.

Looking forward to reading more on Dynasty :)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh alright, so it's really just people being really impatient and having easy access to the pre-QCed versions is all.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'd like to report that the reader(the site in general sometimes) has been very slow (for me at least) I've tried deleting cookies, etc. It's the same on both Chrome and Firefox(the mobile site is a slightly faster) and when using the download chapter option the dl speed caps at 20 kps.
My internet speed was increased not too long ago but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's probably the site's server having some issues. I've been having pages load really slow lately as well. I'd just assumed it was my ISP though since my ISP has been having issues with quite a few sites lately.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Just something related to the forum....(I've only read the first few posts, so I apologize if it's been asked and rejected): what about something to rate/like posts in the forum? Because some people really post insightful comments/contribute greatly to the discussion. It's such a shame to not be able to do anything besides say "Thank you".

Or perhaps a "reputation" function; so amazing users get additional "points" when someone hits the "add rep" button.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 5:12PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I'd rather keep the forum simple.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I also like the forum as is though if something was added, it would be an easier way to search posts and threads created and posted in. Currently, it's a bit of a hassle when trying to look up old posts.

I've seen rep/like systems get abused and sour relationships and the like on many a forum. Currently, I think it's fine and it's better getting to know each other through the content of their posts instead of vying for rep status and the like.

To reply you must either login or sign up.