Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Tumblr_ndswy8zyst1tbrceao1_1280
joined Mar 17, 2015

Umm I want to suggest and by that suggestions. It need more Love Live doujin, KanColle doujin and Alice x Marisa doujin.

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 5:42AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

If you have something specific in mind, there's always the upload request form.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You could always start scanlating. :D

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

You could always start scanlating. :D

Kouhai's looking for some kouhais.

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 1:59PM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I don't want to notice anyone else but my oneesamas though

joined Jan 31, 2015

Suppose you go to the post history of a user.
e.g. http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=2
For a given post, you want to open the thread of that post to see the context.
You click on the thread subject at the top of the post.

Ideally, it should bring you to the page of the thread that the post is on.

Right now, it brings you to the first page of the thread.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 5:12PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, it would be nice to have permalinks to individual posts in general. Don't have that functionality atm.

joined Jan 31, 2015

For quotes, it'd be nice if it put the name of the poster of the quote at the top.

Something like this:

username:

Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah

I feel that this way, it provides better context.

And also, for the original poster, the text of their username may make it easier to spot that someone has responded to their post.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 5:16PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well, it would be nice to have permalinks to individual posts in general. Don't have that functionality atm.

It does technically (with a bit of an exception) if you inspect the page source for the post history pages. For the most recent post in the search history linked above for example the post is forum_post_49678. If you're on the right page of the thread then it will actually link directly to that post if you add #forum_post_49678 to the end of the url for that thread. The only issue is that you do need to be on the right page or else it doesn't work. As an example this will link straight to your post.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I think we should reveal that Jaws was behind WTC, those towers were clearly filled with shark bait.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Not sure of already mentioned, but it would be slightly helpful if manga without any posts in their discussions still had links back towards the manga "homepage."

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I am not sure why, but I thought there were comics by Hakaba up here. didnt see any, so I put a upload for it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Not sure if mentioned already, or if it is already available (and I'm too blind to see it), but a way to search for certain forum threads? It's hard to find threads that aren't linked to a specific series.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Use Google for that.
"site:dynasty-scans/forum name-of-thread"

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hah I guess that is true, but I still think it would make things nice and organized to be able to do it on the actual site as well.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just a quick question, is the Upload request for Fanart, too?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just a quick question, is the Upload request for Fanart, too?

Not its main purpose, but you're welcome to use it that way! All we'd ask is that if you're going to request a large batch, try to keep in as few actual requests as possible (you can merge several requests by the same artist into a single request, or several requests of the same series into a single request, etc.).

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Alright, thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Not sure of already mentioned, but it would be slightly helpful if manga without any posts in their discussions still had links back towards the manga "homepage."

Not sure I understand this one..? Example, perhaps?

For quotes, it'd be nice if it put the name of the poster of the quote at the top.
And also, for the original poster, the text of their username may make it easier to spot that someone has responded to their post.

Seconded.

Alright, thanks.

No prob. Happy requesting!! :)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Not sure I understand this one..? Example, perhaps?

I don't have any links off-hand but when a manga has no posts in its discussion and you click the link, there's no link back to the manga itself unlike if their was posts in the discussion. Shouldn't really be a huge issue though because you can simply hit back to go back to the manga at that point anyways.

Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, or if this is already a feature but I am unaware of it, but perhaps you could implement a way to be notified when someone quotes your forum posts? It'd be nice to know if someone replied to something I said.

joined Jan 31, 2015

OrangePekoe:

anonymous:

Seconded.

Glad it wasn't just me, lol.

To be honest, I noticed a bunch of people are doing this manually. (Myself included.)

Rather tedious when manually done by a human being, but trivial if done by a machine/the server.

For nested quotes, this becomes especially necessary, because without username labels, you end up having no clue who said what.

last edited at May 7, 2015 12:07AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only issue I have is how easy it would be to do it manually, if you're quoting more than one person in a comment. Hopefully any design would keep that in mind.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I have found that when on mobile and in portrait (specifically on ipad mini) if you want to save a series/chapter to a list and have more than 8 lists (yes, I have more than 8 lists) you can't see the remaining lists, can't scroll down or anything, just stops. It looks like this

joined Jan 31, 2015

anonymous:

Suppose you go to the post history of a user.
e.g. http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=2
For a given post, you want to open the thread of that post to see the context.
You click on the thread subject at the top of the post.

Ideally, it should bring you to the page of the thread that the post is on.

Right now, it brings you to the first page of the thread.

Nezchan:

Alice Cheshire:

It does technically (with a bit of an exception) if you inspect the page source for the post history pages. For the most recent post in the search history linked above for example the post is forum_post_49678. If you're on the right page of the thread then it will actually link directly to that post if you add #forum_post_49678 to the end of the url for that thread. The only issue is that you do need to be on the right page or else it doesn't work. As an example this will link straight to your post.

Right, so as pointed out by Alice Cheshire, "pseudo-permalinks" are implemented.
(Pseudo in that it's not a URL with a single piece of information, most likely the post ID, so something like
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/95105 )
But it does work, i.e., scrolls you to the correct post.
It's just that it requires the thread URL with the correct page number and the fragment identifier for the post (#forum_post_12345).
Like the example in the quote:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5734-suggestions-for-improvement-v3?page=10#forum_post_95105

However, I can see that these "pseudo-permalinks" are already used, notably when creating or editing a post.

If you edit one of your past posts (even if you do it from post history) then click Update Post,
you will be redirected to the thread URL with the correct page number and the fragment identifier for the post (#forum_post_12345).

e.g.
I go to my own post history.
I find my post on page 10 of this thread.
I click Edit.
I go here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/95101/edit
I click Update Post.
I am redirected here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5734-suggestions-for-improvement-v3?page=10#forum_post_95101

So I believe somewhere in the code, there is already a method/function that takes the post ID (95101 in my example) and figures out the page that the post is on and generates the final "pseudo-permalink".

Perhaps this method/function could be reused to generate the same "pseudo-permalink" in the post history, i.e., for each post, take the post ID and generate the "pseudo-permalink".

Disclaimer: I might be pointing out something that is completely obvious OR I might be talking total nonsense. :)

last edited at May 7, 2015 11:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.