Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Don't know if this was suggested but...Emoticons? like exclusives for the site? that would be kinda neat, make it a 5 emoticons limit per post instant spam averted

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

"Double Blind Dream" by yui should be "Double Bind Dream"? Has someone OD'd on scientific research? :-)

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Mugi to Azu
http://exhentai.org/g/799257/1fa381a004/

alternate scans and translation, seems much cleaner.

joined Nov 30, 2011

A thread dedicated to finding manga members cannot remember the name of. The thread pop up with a decent amount of frequency on here and I think a dedicated thread that is stickied would be good to cover this.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

A couple suggestions regarding the website in generel.

1) I like the idea of having upload requests work like tickets or like the suggestions where you can check the status of your request. Right now, your request is just sent off into the abyss and the only feedback is if you actually see your request uploaded randomly. Just helpful to know a little something.

2) A revisions page. It might be redundant to include "additions" but a page updated live cataloging the revisions and edits going on with the website. So stuff like removals due to licensing, edits to certain series or chapters, edits to website format, etc. None of it would be in depth, just a sentence or two. I think this would help a lot with transparency (though this isn't exactly necessary) and also just help show everyone the work that is put in and how everything works behind the scenes.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 10:46AM

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Is there any update on the page scaling issues in Firefox/IE?

Replacing the "display: inline-block" with "display: block" on the "image" div fixes the problem for me in IE, but there's no easy way to permanently apply this fix myself. A quick check shows this doesn't break anything obvious, but my HTML/CSS knowledge is pretty terrible so I wouldn't assume that it doesn't.

I'd attach a diff/patch, but that's probably pointless for generated CSS. The line in question is the one with the "#reader #image" CSS selector.

Edit: Okay so this breaks the layout when the page is smaller than the browser window, I though it was too good to be true :-/

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 7:42AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is there any set procedure for deleting your account? I want to cut down my forum usage (in general, not just on this site). Will still visit to read manga, of course, just don't need my account anymore.

Given there's no mail or any personal information attached to your account, and it's only actually good for posting in the forum, seeing what comments are new in any particular thread, and making lists, wouldn't simply not logging in or using the forums have pretty much the same effect?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is there any set procedure for deleting your account? I want to cut down my forum usage (in general, not just on this site). Will still visit to read manga, of course, just don't need my account anymore.

Given there's no mail or any personal information attached to your account, and it's only actually good for posting in the forum, seeing what comments are new in any particular thread, and making lists, wouldn't simply not logging in or using the forums have pretty much the same effect?

I'm doing it because I've constantly proved I haven't the will power to keep away and not login. Besides, there are other reasons, mostly personal. If you could humour me and delete this account, that'd be great.

Okay, I've put in the request so the account should be deleted presently. Glad to have had you here, and you're always welcome to come back.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm doing it because I've constantly proved I haven't the will power to keep away and not login. Besides, there are other reasons, mostly personal. If you could humour me and delete this account, that'd be great.

Okay, I've put in the request so the account should be deleted presently. Glad to have had you here, and you're always welcome to come back.

Nezchan, is it possible to take back this request? I was having some issues with identity theft, but that all seems to be sorted now. That was the real reason I wanted to get off the internet. I'd like to retain this account if I can.

Okay, acknowledged. Hopefully the cancellation gets noticed in time to prevent removal. Should be fine though.

joined Mar 31, 2015

When i come to the home page I look for specific selections of new releases, as I would imagine others do as well.

I wanted to make a suggestion on the homepage having 3 simple category button selections for new releases?

Example:

[Doujinshi] [Yuri] [Other]

Just a thought :)

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Can we please change the "transsexual" tag to "transgender"? After several decades of the term being around, its ended up primarily used by bigots and gatekeepers*, whereas trans folks tend to prefer transgender. I'm a trans woman, and I know I'd certainly prefer the tag changed to that, and the reason I'm making this post is because another trans woman I know is also uncomfortable with the current tag.

*People who try to decide who is or isn't "really trans".

EDIT: Another friend brought up that transsexual also tends to reinforce the idea that being trans has to do with sexuality, which it really doesn't. There are straight trans women who are into men and there are lesbian trans women and there are bisexual/pansexual trans women.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 8:18AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

@ Nez and Underachiever

Nezchan, is it possible to take back this request? I was having some issues with identity theft, but that all seems to be sorted now. That was the real reason I wanted to get off the internet. I'd like to retain this account if I can.

Okay, acknowledged. Hopefully the cancellation gets noticed in time to prevent removal. Should be fine though.

Thank you. Been a rough few days.

First, glad the Identity Theft got sorted out Under and 2nd, that was a somewhat humorous exchange in the end. Glad to keep you around Under =)

joined May 3, 2014

did any one thought to make a way to separete the Complete manga from the Ongoing ones??? or canceled...or on hitatus.......i really don't like to look for a complete manga all over....THERE ARE TO MANY!!!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Have you tried the search function?

joined Feb 25, 2014

an option to look for original mangas, and another to look for doujinshis.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Speaking of manga statuses I've been noticing several lately which seem to have no status at all making it unclear whether they're complete or not. Is that supposed to happen?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Speaking of manga statuses I've been noticing several lately which seem to have no status at all making it unclear whether they're complete or not. Is that supposed to happen?

No, that's never supposed to happen. It is a common oversight, but if you notice any specifically please do point them out here.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Occasionally it's cause we don't know if they're complete or not either lol

We try to tag them when we can, but sometimes its unclear as to whether or not a story is ongoing or dropped, especially with things like doujins and Pixiv uploads, those kind of things.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

No, that's never supposed to happen. It is a common oversight, but if you notice any specifically please do point them out here.

Alright, I'll be sure to let you guys know next time I come across any. I can't give any examples at the moment though because they've all been ones I found through the random chapter deal on the front page so I didn't keep track of them.

joined May 3, 2014

^Have you tried the search function?

what i mean is that i might forgot about a manga that was ongoing so i left it to be finished.....now i don't remember the name...but it will be much easy to search for complete manga......

joined Feb 23, 2013

Status page for upload requests would be nice.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

what i mean is that i might forgot about a manga that was ongoing so i left it to be finished.....now i don't remember the name...but it will be much easy to search for complete manga......

You could do like I do. I specifically have a list for mangas I intend to read once they're finished releasing and I just check through it once in awhile to see if anything has finished. (Or try to keep track of new releases but that would be a bit difficult if you have a big list.)

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

What Do You Like About Her? 1st page has a minor error, scanlator fixed the pg.
http://sta.sh/01dyzrehq1vy

joined Nov 30, 2011

We really need PMs... I think.

Cirno-desu2
joined Jan 10, 2015

Allow whitelist and blacklist to work for "featured chapter" and "random chapter".
I didn't look through 10 pages of text so it might have been suggested by now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.