Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

I don't mean to push you or anything, but the lack of a Stockings tag is STILL! really bothering me. :[ Could you make it my cherished Christmas present?

1488288_722335867807541_2685847699631868919_n
joined May 24, 2014

In the advance search, I wonder if there's a way for me to search for oneshot only ?

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I don't mean to push you or anything, but the lack of a Stockings tag is STILL! really bothering me. :[ Could you make it my cherished Christmas present?

I'm certain there was a tag request thread somewhere...

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

I'm certain there was a tag request thread somewhere...

Where? :)

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I was wondering whether Usotsuki Lily's chapter 95 should be tagged with Yaoi --------------?

last edited at Dec 19, 2014 6:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looks like Sakura Coloured Triangle needs to be set as completed. According to the scanners' page, they thought it was a one-shot, then found there were two more in video format which they converted. But that's about all there is.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/sakura_coloured_love_triangle

joined Jan 30, 2013

Is it possible to change one's user name?

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Don't you think that tag would be overused? It's not like a glasses tag because glasses are not always used as opposed to stockings. All manga have stockings Tags like this are only used on Hentai sites, for fetish reasons. If you put a stockings tag on Yuyushiki, you'd be expecting some smexy scenes.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

It was nice to see an anthology entry created for http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/shuuden_ni_wa_kaeshimasu
(It was nice also to see it got an anthology). But should the title be changed to, "I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train" to match the chapter?

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

If you really want to change your user name, I'll poke omn about it. Just tell me what you want to change it to and I'll see how he feels about it.

Don't you think that tag would be overused? It's not like a glasses tag because glasses are not always used as opposed to stockings. All manga have stockings Tags like this are only used on Hentai sites, for fetish reasons. If you put a stockings tag on Yuyushiki, you'd be expecting some smexy scenes.

I'm almost feeling the same about the glasses tag as you do for the stockings tag (which I agree with). Almost. It definitely helps that there's not that many glasses wearers as stockings wearers. With all the stuff that's been added since the tag inception there's probably a bunch of stuff we can tweak to make the system seem less inconsistent/random. We're keeping the joke tags though.

On another note, I'm planning on eventually compiling the useful suggestons to hand over to omn. I know I said I would do that before but he's having fun in his stuff and I'm busy as nuts with my own procrastination. I haven't forgotten about this topic though!

last edited at Dec 23, 2014 10:23AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

The chapter order for Love Live is wrong, I tried to fix it but I can't rearrange things on iPad which is because it cannot click and drag. It's better now from adding and deleting a header but still wrong.
Can we get the ability to rearrange chapters without click and drag?

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

Are there any plans for putting something under the top 6 most popular for the past 7 days? There is just so much white space under it that it feels like a such a waste for not putting anything there. Maybe make it top 10 (it looks like it can even fit 12) for the past week instead? Or maybe have the most popular/recent topic in the forums at the moment?

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 5:45PM

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Are there any plans for putting something under the top 6 most popular for the past 7 days? There is just so much white space under it that it feels like a such a waste for not putting anything there. Maybe make it top 10 (it looks like it can even fit 12) for the past week instead? Or maybe have the most popular/recent topic in the forums at the moment?

Likely 0 plans.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

The recent images and view more images... category could use a moderator to judge the images as acceptable or unacceptable. Then some of them would be ruled out and no one would ever see them. There are so many fan arts that are scanty n dislikeable. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Likely 0 plans.

Please do not reply on the behalf of the site.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

y not? I'll work here someday.

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 7:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

y not?

"Because we said so" should be sufficient. But for the hard of thinking, if you're not staff you shouldn't be posting as if you are.

So stop.

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

Why do I get the feeling that I am not welcomed on this site at all? I just made one small suggestion and people started fighting. Would it have been better if I did not say anything?

It just seems like whatever I post on any forum, people either get upset for whatever reason or completely ignore my post, making me feel like I am some kind of idiot that isn't even worth a proper reply. Maybe I should just go back to being a permanent lurker on this site. At least that way, no one will have to ever waste their time reading my stupid ideas.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why do I get the feeling that I am not welcomed on this site at all? I just made one small suggestion and people started fighting. Would it have been better if I did not say anything?

Nobody was upset about your comment as far as I can see.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

IIRC the site's design is Omnisciento's thing. Since they did it on the side it might take a while until they notice. I think technically you're right, there is enough place there. On the other hand it might have been a specific design decision not to overload it. Depending on the screen size (think mobile, too) you have to scroll anyways. Sure, you already have to for the release list, but from an information load POV it's easier if only "one column" goes much over the screen's bottom.

Let's wait and see what the staff and especially designers say. I can't give aesthetic advice anyways, since I have terrible taste. :)

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I was rereading some old things and I didn't have any idea that Even If We're Not Friends and Kisses, Sighs and Cherry-Blossom Pink from Morinaga Milk had been deleted because they had been licensed, and I discovered yesterday that Citrus, Sasameki Koto and School Police also have been licensed, although they have not been deleted yet... anyone know if School Police was dropped?

So maybe we could have some kind of warning in the front page when a series is going to be deleted, so that there will be time to those who don't have it to download them?

And could we also have some kind of list with the name of the series that had been deleted or can't be placed here? Like series that had been licensed or that the translators don't want to be uploaded here, like Blue Friend that was translated by Yurikai or two doujins from Madoka that I think had been deleted because the mangaka didn't want them here.

Also could you guys make a torrent? It's kind of annoying that you can download only eight chapters per day...

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 9:47PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I don't know if this is the right place for this.
(Apologies if that's not the case)

In the [Images] section, when clicking on a specific image to get access to its full size and comments field, do we have the possibility to switch from an image to another without having to go back to the main gallery?

When reading a manga, we have the possibility to click right or left, or have arrows keys being detected to virtually turn pages. If we consider the [Images] gallery to be a kind of photobook, could a similar concept be applied?

Thks.

joined Jan 30, 2013

If you really want to change your user name, I'll poke omn about it. Just tell me what you want to change it to and I'll see how he feels about it.

I somehow missed that reply, so the answer is a bit late.
Thanks, but I just wanted to know if it was possible. There's just too many alettos around as I've found out and I was thinking about changing it to something unique but it isn't like it's high priority.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

This might be a really horrible suggestion, but would it be possible to blacklist pairings in manage profile...?

(Goes to hide from incoming gunshots)

last edited at Dec 31, 2014 12:28AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Something like this would be nice.

Building off of it, an overall view count for series/chapters - I could figure out the design for this if interested - would be nice. We have it for the forums, why not for the actual content as well?

anyone know if School Police was dropped?

Scanlator's website is the best place to ask, though it would appear so.

So maybe we could have some kind of warning in the front page when a series is going to be deleted, so that there will be time to those who don't have it to download them?

I'm not the decision maker, so my opinion here is irrelevant. That said, my suggestion to you would be to just keep an eye out. We only remove series that the scanlator's wish to be removed. If there's a series that you really enjoy, read the scanlator's release notes - if it's going to be licensed, they'll usually mention what they're doing on their site.

And could we also have some kind of list with the name of the series that had been deleted or can't be placed here? Like series that had been licensed or that the translators don't want to be uploaded here, like Blue Friend that was translated by Yurikai or two doujins from Madoka that I think had been deleted because the mangaka didn't want them here.

There is a spread out and not really complete list like that here. I have a new 90% written topic for it that includes all those previous ones, so maybe just wait for that.

Also could you guys make a torrent? It's kind of annoying that you can download only eight chapters per day...

Been under consideration for a while. (Broken record, etc.) you can get all these downloads at the scanlator's website most of the time.

I don't know if this is the right place for this.

Thks.

Definitely the right place to ask! It's already been suggested, though I'm not sure of the status on it.

This might be a really horrible suggestion, but would it be possible to blacklist pairings in manage profile...?

We can't already..? Yes please!

last edited at Dec 31, 2014 12:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.