Forum › Posts by Fiohnel

Fiohnel Uploader
StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

Thx orangepekoe for the replies.

Suggestion: make it possible to change chapter order for mobile user

I had to went outside after uploading Pico ch09. Then got notified in discord I need to fix the chapter order since it appeared last in the volume/series page.
I used android Firefox browser with 'request desktop site' on and off and both method I couldn't find a way to drag the chapter order around.

Fiohnel Uploader
StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

The front page currently displays releases based on scanlation date, not book release date, nor upload (to Dynasty) date. The date you're referring to is meant to be left at default (the current date) unless uploading something that has an old scanlation, but for whatever reason never made it to Dynasty in the past. Theoretically, the division you mention is intentional. Does that clear it up or address your suggestion?

Therefore, the "Released on" were meant to be the scanlation release date after all? Not original book release date.
That clears up my not knowing what "Released on" meant, but I got confused in the first place because the term isn't clear enough, I suppose.

Also in admin panel > chapters, there are columns for "Released on" AND "Created at". If the second is scanlation release date determined when the chapter is uploaded, wouldn't that means it's scanlation release date, and the "Released on" was meant to be the original book release date? When I entered 2017 there, I got the release not showing on the front page instead.

Suggestion1: Edit the text for "Released on" to be "Scan release date" or some such.
or
Suggestion2: Front page (and list of upload when browsing tags etc) to display books based on "Created at", and edit the text for "Released on" to be "Original release date" or some such, meant only for informing readers.

Thanks.

Fiohnel Uploader
StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

Suggestion: Make the front page display books based on scanlation upload release date.

When adding chapter, I usually don't input "Released on" and left it at default which is present date when uploading. It felt ambiguous since it could meant either the "book's original release date" or the scanlation upload release date.

Just now for "Passion-ate Cookie Battle" I tried to input the "book's original release date" which is 2017-12-30.

The result was it not appearing on the front page/main https://dynasty-scans.com/ where thumbnails are displayed; I could still see it on https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/added but that has no thumbnail and I don't think that's what most users see when they visit the website.

This means inputting the "book's original release date" correctly will just end up hiding your release from front page--where it only display books with "Released on" date of 1 week prior to the current date. It's like you get punished for inputting data correctly.

StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

Also forgot to mention in first post that my comment about lack of scanlation is for English language. I don't pay attention to scanlation into other languages, but for Roselia Stage it seems the Spanish one has been completed 3 months ago.

StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

As a fan of Bandori franchise, it's easy to notice there's lack of proper scanlation for a lot of Bandori official manga. It's been 1.5 years since Roselia Stage volume 2 was published, and outside of incomplete releases on Tumblr, no one has done proper release for it despite it being excellent manga adaption of an excellent game story.

Me and my team have been warming up with Garupa Pico Anthology and RAiSe!, so I believe we're ready to proceed to finish entire Roselia Stage with translator Inuzuka28, who did translation and subbing for Garupa game—including the Roselia Band Story which is adapted to this manga form—and spread the excellent stories of Bandori way before the official English version was announced.

Our approach is fresh translation by Inuzuka28, without referencing older fan translation or official EN translation. For example we chose last name-first name approach.

Hopefully we can finish the entire manga, rough estimate 3-6 months.

StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

About Rock / Lock.

Rokka's nickname is LOCK when she's presented with Raise a Suilen, which she's meant to join sometime during high school.

However in RAiSe! chapter 3 she's yet to enter high school and goes by the nickname ロック aka Rokku, which we chose to localize as Rock.

https://i.imgur.com/CqhhrJt.jpg