Forum › A "small" topic for video games

A85
joined Aug 22, 2014

Goddammit Bethesda. We don't need a fucking HD remake for Skyrim. The game is only five goddamn years old, at this point you should have started production on the next installment in the series. If you wanted to do an HD remake for one of the Elder Scrolls games, why couldn't you have done it for Morrowind? Now that's a game worth remastering. But noooooo, instead of going back to something that has been a classic for over ten years, you decide to remake something that hasn't even been out for half as long. Fuck you Bethesda.

Because the time to make an actual HD remake of Morrowind would probably be close enough to making TES VI while upgrading Skyrim would be much faster as the engine would be similar enough and it'd be mostly working on the graphic assets.

Well then, I suppose the answer to our quandary is no HD remakes. I'd rather have no new Elder Scrolls stuff at all this year than HD Skyrim.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Goddammit Bethesda. We don't need a fucking HD remake for Skyrim. The game is only five goddamn years old, at this point you should have started production on the next installment in the series. If you wanted to do an HD remake for one of the Elder Scrolls games, why couldn't you have done it for Morrowind? Now that's a game worth remastering. But noooooo, instead of going back to something that has been a classic for over ten years, you decide to remake something that hasn't even been out for half as long. Fuck you Bethesda.

Because the time to make an actual HD remake of Morrowind would probably be close enough to making TES VI while upgrading Skyrim would be much faster as the engine would be similar enough and it'd be mostly working on the graphic assets.

But isn't it like the entire point of making HD version of game? To update it to current time. Remaking a game that already looks good compare to current titles is just pointless.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Skyrim was already HD. This would be a Full HD version. V:

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Quake hype, anyone?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

But isn't it like the entire point of making HD version of game? To update it to current time. Remaking a game that already looks good compare to current titles is just pointless.

Yeah, but it's rarely done by the actual studio that did the original game, either they subcontract it or some other team gets the right for it (like it was for baldur's gate 2). So having a HD version made would normally don't prevent the studio to work on actual projects.

In Bethesda's case, it's a bit complicated as they don't have a lot of team to work with and they don't want to subcontract. Meaning that if they start working on a full rework of Morrowind to make it HD, that'd prevent them to work on new projects.

For Skyrim, the workload wouldn't be too much, mostly reworking the models a bit to increase the polygon count and making higer resolution textures. Depending on the base resolution of the raw textures, this might not be that much work. Then probably smoothing the fx. The game engine itself might not change much, if at all, so shouldn't be much to work there.

A full port of Morrowind would probably mean redoing most, if not all, of the models and environnements, which would take a great deal of time, as it'd then need to redo the animations to match the models and better capabilities of modern game engines, redo the textures in higher resolution, then if they want to port it on their current game engine, would imply a good load of coding. Unless they decide to go all Skyrim on Morrowing gameplay wise, which would probably piss off the fans.

so yeah, not the same workload at all and not the same money investement either.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 2:33PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Quake hype, anyone?

lol no

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Playstation VR hype? I think that's the coolest thing I've seen thus far. Plus Sony's games look amazing. So glad I have a PS4~

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Capcom is all like "lol Konami you're not making silent hills? Alright, we'll make it and call it RE7! easy $$$". Same with Kojima except his game is just weird.

The south park trailer was my favorite. love the movie names XD

I just wonder why Activision isn't just making the new CoD a new IP instead...

Zelda and pokemon look good, just not much for discussion really...

Disappointed by the lack of NX and PS4 neo...well Xbox 2 was only a "yes, we are making it. Buy our slim Xbone"

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Playstation VR hype? I think that's the coolest thing I've seen thus far. Plus Sony's games look amazing. So glad I have a PS4~

Having an Ace Combat on virtual reality is like the best idea ever, that series have some of the most immersive moments i've ever had even on a PSP screen and it just begged to have some VR support
But that price... Maaaaaan, that thing will be more expensive than gold here in Brazil

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

It's really unfortunate that i didn't get a Ace Combat this E3, but i'm glad we got another flight simulator

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The Shantae trailer and the Bloodstain demo make me care about No. 9 even less.

KH 2.8, Injustice 2 and South park had gameplay looking good!
I'm not sure if I'm getting Tokyo mirage sessions yet hm...maybe-WHAAA k&g$/D Persona 5, Guns/melee is back! you talk to daemos in battle like in SMT! ugh I wanna buy a Ps4 but I need to hear info about PSKeanuReeves first, stop tempting me!

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 3:32AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I just got around to watching the rest of the E3 stuff that interests me. Really looking forward to South Park, Dishonored, Prey and Quake.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Giant mermaid waifu yuri ot3

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Holy shit i'm finally managing to play Dwarf Fortress somewhat!
I felt like i was reading the Matrix's codes when explaining my brother what was going on the screen

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I felt like i was reading the Matrix's codes when explaining my brother what was going on the screen

It helps a ton if you use a tileset. Makes it more immersive too if you're terrible at imagination like I am.

Also in other news, waifu bartending is out! Yuri related since the MC is a woman.

Edit: Not really yuri related since MC doesn't hook up with anyone. But it's LGBT friendly.

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 2:53PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

It helps a ton if you use a tileset. Makes it more immersive too if you're terrible at imagination like I am.

I was using one but i dropped it once i realized i was pressing 'k' to look at everything anyway, it did help to make the landscape less overwhelming when i came back to ASCII though

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Also in other news, waifu bartending is out! Yuri related since the MC is a woman.

Wow! Like... wow. Looks pretty interesting by itself, but with the setting being cyberpunk, I absolutely must check this out...

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So good news, Daidouji in Uppers totally will get in the fun with the onlooker girls

The bad news

The game looks terrible

https://youtu.be/fjYSNnuRjJE?t=26m47s

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Alright folks who actually play Fate/Grand Order, I need to have an important yuri related question about the game answered. Is the entry on tvtropes that said "Nasu confirmed that Mashu will develop a crush on the Male Protagonist only and not on the Female Protagonist during the course of the story" true?!

Cephalosporin
1-soyqfa_400x400
joined Jun 22, 2016

Alright folks who actually play Fate/Grand Order, I need to have an important yuri related question about the game answered. Is the entry on tvtropes that said "Nasu confirmed that Mashu will develop a crush on the Male Protagonist only and not on the Female Protagonist during the course of the story" true?!

It seems to be true, yeah, but I think they'll let it ambiguous for the female protagonist, I mean, they let you change the gender of your characater at any moment, and that gender is not relevant in any moment of the story, the only place I saw it mentioned was at Medusa's interlude, and it was to say that she didn't care if you were a boy or a girl lol, though it was a female character only option, so I could see how some options could vary on gender in future grand orders; but I don't think they'll have a problem with giving us at least some yuri subtext, maybe they'll not make it canon with the female character, but leave it like something close to it.
If you know about the fate series you can see that strong yuri subtext is their thing, but they never make it go further than that, a pity in my opinion, but hey, i'll take whatever I can get lol

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

If you know about the fate series you can see that strong yuri subtext is their thing, but they never make it go further than that, a pity in my opinion, but hey, i'll take whatever I can get lol

I was hoping that they'd take it down the Fate/Extra route, where it doesn't matter what gender the protagonist was since both playable female servants were bisexual. Heck, they took a small step further than that and made Saber a bisexual character who preferred women. He's sinking a pretty notable ship, just saying. I've seen more fanart of Gudako and Mashu vs with someone like Gudao. And from what I've seen so far, Gudao seems to be much less popular than Gudako, even less so than how male Hakuno was less popular than female Hakuno. Oh well. :/

Speaking of which, I'd just like to know: Has Nasu ever written a homosexual character before? To be honest I'm not a fan of his works so I don't really follow him, but from what I've experienced in some of his works I have encountered a lot of bisexual characters but never have I seen a homosexual one. I mean, Fate in tvtropes is listed under the "Everyone is Bi" trope.

last edited at Jun 23, 2016 9:59AM

1-soyqfa_400x400
joined Jun 22, 2016

I was hoping that they'd take it down the Fate/Extra route, where it doesn't matter what gender the protagonist was since both playable female servants were bisexual. Heck, they took a small step further than that and made Saber a bisexual character who preferred women. He's sinking a pretty notable ship, just saying. I've seen more fanart of Gudako and Mashu vs with someone like Gudao. And from what I've seen so far, Gudao seems to be much less popular than Gudako, even less so than how male Hakuno was less popular than female Hakuno. Oh well. :/

Indeed, Gudako is a fan favorite, not just in her pairing with Mashu, even with other servants like okita, kiyohime, carmilla... almost all of the fanart is of them with the female protagonist, the only servant I've seen paired with Gudao is Jeanne Alter.
Gudako's popularity even got her a cool new CE for this event, so I'm sure they know fans like the female character more than the male one, for them to leave out the Gudako/Mashu pairing... it's a strange move for Nasu to do, I admit I was a bit put off when I read about it. We can always hope that they end up changing their minds in the end, and give us the full yuri ending, one can never know haha

Speaking of which, I'd just like to know: Has Nasu ever written a homosexual character before? To be honest I'm not a fan of his works so I don't really follow him, but from what I've experienced in some of his works I have encountered a lot of bisexual characters but never have I seen a homosexual one. I mean, Fate in tvtropes is listed under the "Everyone is Bi" trope.

Hmmm, not that I know of.
I mean, Nasu is known for that trope, he has that mentality in all his works, it reaches the point that saying "everyone is bi" is not an exaggeration, it just seems that in the end, the final pairing will always be M/F.

last edited at Jun 23, 2016 10:51AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So, I started playing Monster Hunter Online today and I absolutely love it. I just hope the play time restrictions don't make it into the non-chinese versions of the game.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Playing Shantae 3, awesome game, Rottytops best girl and ultra gay dialogue that ends with a pyjama party between her and Shantae ...almost. Suddenly, very last line, sexual innuendo at Bolo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OJqysz-Ow#t=18m55s

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Playing Shantae 3, awesome game, Rottytops best girl and ultra gay dialogue that ends with a pyjama party between her and Shantae ...almost. Suddenly, very last line, sexual innuendo at Bolo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OJqysz-Ow#t=18m55s

Rotty flirts with literally everyone, why are you surprised?
Now the True ship is RiskyxShantae if you followed the series from the start like I did you would know Risky is very cutthroat to everyone except Shantae who she may or may not enjoy flirting with, a lot.
(though not in Pirates curse because she spends most of it afraid she might fall under the pirate masters control again)

This topic has been locked.