Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

There's definitely ONE legitimate yuri route in that game. However note that other routes can be a tad bit frustrating on the yuri end. If you don't mind me giving the general idea of what the routes will be like as a precaution, here they are:

1. Straightforward Yuri Route: Ruelly
    Not gonna need to spoil anything about this route since it's yuri, plain and simple. Only route that might be worth it.

2. Subtext Route: Yeng-hua
    Not much to be said; except for the annoying fact that the ending for the male protagonist has more subtext than the female one. I mean, it's already subtext to begin with, why give one character more subtext than the other?

3. Nope Route: Cyda
    Okay, so this has to be spoiled to detail why it's pretty bad. The end of the route basically includes Cyda saying "Why are you hanging out with me so much instead of the guys? Are you gay?" In which the female protagonist will say "What?! Oh no, I just want to be really good friends with you!" Yeah, stay away from this one if you want yuri.

4. Nope (2) Route: Spinel
    This is just second hand information so I can't confirm it myself since I don't want to go through this one, but basically Spinel confesses to the female protagonist at the end and she rejects her. For some reason though, the male protagonist won't reject her, so I assume they get to start a relationship. She's basically a sister figure anyway, so I personally don't see a big loss here.

This is all I know of. There's one more female character, but considering how the Nope (2) Route went I'm not holding my breath. Hope this helps!

Yep, that's the general info I've seen around the internet. I guess I'll try Pariet on my second run to fill up the info we're missing. and yeah...the spinel ending...why is that a thing?

Hey Gengar! mind adding the game to the list?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

and yeah...the spinel ending...why is that a thing?

Again, if it's any consolation, All of the Cross in the game are treated as siblings anyways. Pariet uses "Onee-chan", Spinel uses "Ne-sama", Kagerou uses "Aneki", and Dyth uses "Ne-san" to address the female character. To be honest, what bothers me more is the Cyda ending since it makes it seem like they knew you were going down that route expecting some yuri and they just decided to shoot you down while calling you out; and of course on the male side of things he gets to have a relationship with her. :/

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Playing Tales of Xillia now, hopefully it's better.

Tales of Xillia is pretty good. The 2nd one not so much...

Gameplay-wise I agree with you. But story-wise I got more emotionally invested in Xillia-2. It probably helped that I have an emotional weak spot for kids and that I found 2nd Milla to be SO much better since she felt more flawed and thus more human; she was also able to display a wider range of emotions than the 1st Milla. I also liked how they handled Ludger and Elle's reaction with Old Milla coming back. They're supposed to reflect a new player's reaction to Old Milla too; that she's a complete stranger in the body of their friend. It also helped that I definitely didn't like the two protagonists of the first game, especially Jude; his classic naive, boy scout act was annoying for me from the get-go. Plus, Jude's obsession with Milla kind of creeped me out. He literally didn't have any other motivation for the majority of the game besides being her gofer, and the game even calls him out on that; so I don't know if that counts as romance. Even a silent protagonist like Ludger was much better since you get to make him say some pretty wacky and hilarious stuff. If you don't care much for any of that and just focus on the overall gameplay experience, then Tales of Xillia is superior. For what it's worth though, I'd say that Tales of Xillia 2 was much more memorable for me.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 5:58AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Sometimes I forget that my 200 registered Steam games aren't actually all that many in the whole scheme of things.

I got all my games on Steam over a period of 11 years. Bundle here, bundle there. I rebuy stuff I have physically. Though that doesn't count how many gifts I bough for people. Lots of Judge Dredd when it was $2 a few years ago lol.

It's why new Steam sales get less and less from me (I already own all the other things I want). Mostly turn into "what do I get for my friends/brother."

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Sometimes I forget that my 200 registered Steam games aren't actually all that many in the whole scheme of things.

I'll raise ya

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll raise ya

I've got 258 total on Steam, 171 of which I can actually play (i.e., those that have Linux ports). Not counting Humble Bundle stuff I never bothered to link, stuff I got through GoG, iOS games and stuff that's not on a service like Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, of course.

Which honestly isn't that many compared to a lot of people.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh yeah, if anyone has any games for iOS made by Llamasoft.

Well, not any more you don't.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I've only bought 5 games, the rest are gifts and f2p games.

I don't buy much stuff, cuz I know I won't finish or barely play em, and I am REALLY picky with my money and what I consider worth the bother. I tend to hover around like 1-2 games that I play for loooooong.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

According to the forums over at steam, JAST got the rights to the Katahane remake and will be doing the translation soon™.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 8:17AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Apparently the elevens took a real liking to FFXV Kingsglaive

Holy shit. Just... holy shit. Final Fantasy at its best and then it shot into Hollywood. Monsters felt outright alien sometimes.
Tears. Cried a lot. I think the whole theater was crying at the end. There was outright sobbing around the mid-point, too. Wonder if Noctis realizes what a huge burden he's really inherited.
I won the tickets, but it was much better than expected. Will go to see again.
A huge work, really. Kind of unexpected in some aspects, but in a good way.
Amazing! Having to wait until September to play the game makes me depressed now.
A beautiful movie, though the action scenes were sometimes so fast they were hard to follow (lol). Wish the heroine's VA was a bit more expressive.
Fantastic, might go to see it in the theater again. Story felt like a part of a really huge tale. Knew nothing about the setting before watching it and still could follow the movie just fine.
Luna is a seriously bold and audacious heroine. Not the angry screaming type, but very daring. Final verdict: why isn't it September 30 yet!
The Versus/XV project might have had a troubled history, but Kingsglaive definitely delivered. Really interested in the story now.
Putting CGI aside (we all knew it'd look great) I was impressed by the pacing and composition. Even the prologue alone felt like a fully realized tale. The story also doesn't get bogged down in exposition and the balance of silence and motion is superb. My only criticism is that considering how rawly realistic and gruesome the story is, it should have been more bloody. Really recommend watching it before playing the game, because people who know only the demo might get floored by how dark the story really is.
Highly recommended, seriously. The previous FF movie felt sappy and soap-opera-ish, but KG is very different. It felt Western. Those who like action and stories more focused on strength of will, zeal, and pride should definitely watch it.
Simply put, fantastic. The visuals, the music, the impact, everything. Was worried about the VAs, but they did an excellent job.
Been waiting for this since Versus' announcement and yeah, it delivered. Very emotive and the story reduced me to tears. Nyx is a great character and it really drives home how much hope and desperation rests on Noctis' shoulders. "Everything for the Future King", indeed.
Way too amazing. Stunningly beautiful world and effects, the sunrise scenes in particular. The OST delivered too: powerful and dynamic, but also beautiful. Spent the whole credits crying. The OST was giving me constant goosebumps, but the peak was probably the party scene, accompanied by haunting Somnus For people who had been following the project since the Versus days, the whole thing hit like a truck.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 1:56PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Playing Tales of Xillia now, hopefully it's better.

Tales of Xillia is pretty good. The 2nd one not so much...

Gameplay-wise I agree with you. But story-wise I got more emotionally invested in Xillia-2. It probably helped that I have an emotional weak spot for kids and that I found 2nd Milla to be SO much better since she felt more flawed and thus more human; she was also able to display a wider range of emotions than the 1st Milla. I also liked how they handled Ludger and Elle's reaction with Old Milla coming back. They're supposed to reflect a new player's reaction to Old Milla too; that she's a complete stranger in the body of their friend. It also helped that I definitely didn't like the two protagonists of the first game, especially Jude; his classic naive, boy scout act was annoying for me from the get-go. Plus, Jude's obsession with Milla kind of creeped me out. He literally didn't have any other motivation for the majority of the game besides being her gofer, and the game even calls him out on that; so I don't know if that counts as romance. Even a silent protagonist like Ludger was much better since you get to make him say some pretty wacky and hilarious stuff. If you don't care much for any of that and just focus on the overall gameplay experience, then Tales of Xillia is superior. For what it's worth though, I'd say that Tales of Xillia 2 was much more memorable for me.

Okay I agree the story of Tales of Xillia 2 was solid. The main problem is probably the fact that Tales of Xillia's gameplay was so much fun I played through it times and times again, making my expectations for the second part being...way too high; and then I was disappointed in that regard

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Anyone else on Dynasty has played the new Hearts of Iron game? (can't believe I'm saying this, oh well) I cannot be the only one who feels like that game was published unfinished.

Hate replying to week old posts but what hey >_> Of course no one's played the new HoI game, it's paradox, and paradox guarantees you two things: an excellent game, and six months of patches to make it :P

Regardless of how much they try delaying it :/

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 4:38AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hate replying to week old posts but what hey >_> Of course no one's played the new HoI game, it's paradox, and paradox guarantees you two things: an excellent game, and six months of patches to make it :P

Regardless of how much they try delaying it :/

Well, at the very least I didn't have to wait through a few delays and then get an unfinished message that will be complete after many edits and DLCs. Don't worry, I'll still be feeling salty for at the very least 6 more months.

Judging by that message, I can see a fellow Paradox fan. I wish that their consumer practice would be much better. While I haven't tried Stellaris, every EU4 patch after 1.13 seems a bit redundant. It's still my favourite title from them.

I'm sure that the game will be amazing in a year or so, but now I just feel sour. Makes me wonder what the heck was I thinking pre-ordering a game from them. Oh well.

Honestly, never found Civ games to be as fun as Paradox titles. Not a popular opinion, I know.

What's your favourite Paradox title?

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 3:51PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I prefer Civ because it is easier to grasp and easier on the eyes. :P

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well, at the very least I didn't have to wait through a few delays and then get an unfinished message that will be complete after many edits and DLCs. Don't worry, I'll still be feeling salty for at the very least 6 more months.

Judging by that message, I can see a fellow Paradox fan. I wish that their consumer practice would be much better. While I haven't tried Stellaris, every EU4 patch after 1.13 seems a bit redundant. It's still my favourite title from them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706328916

I'm sure that the game will be amazing in a year or so, but now I just feel sour. Makes me wonder what the heck was I thinking pre-ordering a game from them. Oh well.

Honestly, never found Civ games to be as fun as Paradox titles. Not a popular opinion, I know.

What's your favourite Paradox title?

I'd honestly be too torn between Vicky II and EUIV. CKII is good, but no where near as good as those. I've not played Steallaris or HOI IV yet though because of the reasons before and also because I need a PC with a half decent CPU. HOI III is good too, but the micro managing gets tedious.

I've honestly been sceptical of every recent patch for EU, until I played it. Plus, everything goes on sale enough you end up paying way less than the presumptive total dlc cost, and a lot of them are cosmetic anyway.

Agreed on paradox games >>>> Civ. The only real advantage Civ has, not to say it isn't a good game, just not one with advantages over paradox games, is scope, and a good megacampaign goes some way to fixing that at least.

Do you tend to play blobby or do you limit yourself?

Also, ever used the kawaii desu mod?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The biggest advantage Civ has over any similar game is the UI honestly. I've played quite a few similar-ish strategy games (though never a paradox game. I'd love to but the necessary time investment is scary) and I always end up going back to Civ V cause it's just so much more confortable to play than any competitor.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The biggest advantage Civ has over any similar game is the UI honestly. I've played quite a few similar-ish strategy games (though never a paradox game. I'd love to but the necessary time investment is scary) and I always end up going back to Civ V cause it's just so much more confortable to play than any competitor.

Have to admit, turning the end turn button into a "next item of business" one until everything is taken care of was pretty brilliant. And a game of Vicky II isn't that much of a time investment, it's only one hundred years and you'll spend most of that on max speed wondering what the hell you're supposed to do the first few dozen tries :P

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

what the hell you're supposed to do the first few dozen tries

Exactly.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ChocolateCakeLover EU4's my favourite as well. I'm still sceptical about most of patches after 1.13. CKII's just.. off. I was unable to get into Vicky, maybe because I've started with CKII.

I can see why so many people dislike the "spreadsheet simulator" parts of Paradox titles, it's really hard to get into them.

Well, how i play depands on the nation. While playing PLC/Spain etc. I tend to limit myself to make the game more interesting, but during my games with Moldavia/Ulm I tend to blob as much as much as possible. It always brings joy to my heart to see the Livonian Order owning most of Canada.

Nope, never really liked any of the mods of the type, usually sticking only to transparent borders and Arumba's shortcuts. How about ya?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I play with mods occasionally, all kinds, from map improvements to overhalls like meiou and taxes, VEF and Extended timelines. Kawaii desu is only a music mod, and pretty funny have to recommend it. Oh, and you should definitely try Kairi's music mod, it's amazing and completely ironman compatible iirc.

It took me a few games to get into Vicky, because I kept trying to start as Belgium and the Netherlands kept declaring war really quickly despite my alliance to Great Britain, backed up by Prussia or Russia. What the hell do Russia care about invading Belgium? But it's worth it once you get into it, the population stat I think is the most rewarding number of any in the paradox franchise.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ChocolateCakeLover Will try to check those mods. I totally forgot about the extended timeline mod - it's filled the void that CK2 has left for me. Too bad that running 1930s with that modification eats my FPS like there's no tomorrow.

Heard that the game is mostly bound to the population stat, yes. It's quite similar with HOI4, but with like 5 different conscription laws plus ideas giving you more manpower, it's not all that much of an issue. And there's EU4, where you can have your 100 000 men army replanished in less than 15 years.

Irritating experiences? Every single time I declare a war upon Sweden. Oh, and when the Ottomans get that unholy alliance with Russia.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm generally bad at war but I like it in EUIV and CKII anyway (HoI feels redundant there) but in Vicky II I really hate it unless I've got a big tech or population advantage because soldier pops go dry like there's no tomorrow and I hate using my nf's to encourage more because I'm worried I'll unbalance the economy. In South America it's pretty much one or two wars depending on who I am, then just sit tight until very late game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Does anyone else play mobas like Smite but only against bots because everyone else who plays the game is an asshole?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I played Smite for a while but only Arena. Got boring pretty quickly though. Didn't have any problems with the community, especially compared to when I played Dota.

This topic has been locked.