Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

its happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwkvVWTS7OM

Be interesting to see if they actually do make money off these.Although Madoka alone knows how you'd find something like that out.

They do, actually. A lot, enough to whore-out IPs like crazy for it. Since its one of the few forms of actual gambling (its basically bypassing loopholes in illegal gambling). Theres tons of video game IPs used in pachinko machines, Capcom and Sega do it as well.

I'm still surprised that they got the actors for Dante and Nero to do motion cap to the recent Devil May Cry Pachinko
I mean, i played enough Yakuza to know that those things are popular like hell in Japan, but that's quite a lot of dedication for a machine to get some easy cash

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Be interesting to see if they actually do make money off these.Although Madoka alone knows how you'd find something like that out.

Pachinko is really popular. When I was in Japan, the few parlors I visited out of curiosity where always filled with people, even on weekdays and I often saw lines forming early in the morning before the opening. So yeah, there's definitively money out there.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I just finished Dark Souls 3. Man, what a great game. Such a step up from Dark Souls II and even Dark Souls. It had a lot of Demon's Souls and Bloodborne vibes aswell, just a good mix of everything good that has come from the soulsborne game so far.

Are you going to try to get all the ending? I'm on my NG++ and I still love this game. I love how well they meshed elements from the previous games into this one. The replay value is pretty nice as well.

Of course, I can't wait to get them. It's gonna take a while tho since I'm still in NG to prepare my platinum, and it's not going well since the darkmoon covenant is just terrible. And I haven't beaten the Nameless King yet, he's kicking my ass to hell and back and I definitely don't want to summon anyone since I want to beat every boss on my own on a first playthrough.

I heard the enemies don't really get that much harder into NG+, is that true?

The only way to feasibly complete that covenant is endless farming from the silver knights, it's a chore >__> (I gave up)
The only advice I have for that boss, is practice lots of pro dodge rolling. I assume it's the second phase you're having trouble with?

It's true, the leap isn't that substantial...I'm feeling it in NG++, that feels more like NG+.

Yes. It's all good tho, I've got the trophies. I only need the rings now and the firelink ending and I'm set. The farming was a pain in the ass tho, it took 2 days.

Thanks. The second phase was seemingly difficult but I think it's more because the area and the boss itself are so intimidating. Because you're in a situation that you know you've already used a couple of estus and now you fight an enemy that can easily stunlock you into a two hit combo that will K.O. you and has some other heavy damage attacks. Otheriwse he's not that hard at all, I beat him on my 10th try probably, and that was only the fourth time I actually got to his second phase.

Loved it tho, the first phase is really discouraging for people to give up already (not to mention the camera).

Do you have a favorite boss?

last edited at Jun 6, 2016 7:12PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Btw, E3 is close.

I sure hope they'll talk more about Horizon Zero Dawn.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I beat Drakengard 3, Besides that bullshit final boss this was a REALLY good game.
Different yes but good, Zero was also a very atypical protagonist and I grew to really like her for how much she stood out when compared to other characters over the course of the game.
And speaking of characters, despite how simple they were I really liked almost all the side characters by the games end, even the ones I really didn't like at first (Cent) and considering they are all horrible people that is an achievement.

There is still the DLC to do but I think I'll save that for another time, for now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for Nier Automata.
Also I'm using Zero as my avatar now because looking at character Bio's outside the game her real name is Rose, that is the weirdest coincidence lol.

Rest In Piece Zero, it was a fun ride wasn't it?

last edited at Jun 6, 2016 8:59PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

About the Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon Blade covenenant, I haven't tried it myself but I read that you can just rush to the Halfway Bonfire, get the Blue Sentinels item there and then go back to the Undead Settlement to farm the covenant item in like, actual multiplayer. You should stay around level 20 for that. With the game being out for a while now, i don't know if that still works tho since I guess there's not a lot of new players anymore.

Best boss for me is The Dancer. Not necessarily from a gameplay perspective but definitely from a style perspective. Her looks, her moveset, the music and the sounds of her steps really made this the most memorable bossfight in the game to me. Even moreso than the Abyss Watchers.
Also helps that she gives you the coolest armor and the coolest weapons in the game. Played most of my PvP as a cosplay of her and it was pretty fun.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

About the Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon Blade covenenant, I haven't tried it myself but I read that you can just rush to the Halfway Bonfire, get the Blue Sentinels item there and then go back to the Undead Settlement to farm the covenant item in like, actual multiplayer. You should stay around level 20 for that. With the game being out for a while now, i don't know if that still works tho since I guess there's not a lot of new players anymore.

Best boss for me is The Dancer. Not necessarily from a gameplay perspective but definitely from a style perspective. Her looks, her moveset, the music and the sounds of her steps really made this the most memorable bossfight in the game to me. Even moreso than the Abyss Watchers.
Also helps that she gives you the coolest armor and the coolest weapons in the game. Played most of my PvP as a cosplay of her and it was pretty fun.

Honestly I have no idea but there are plenty new players. I started DkSIII only a couple of days ago and there so many newcomers that I was actually surprised. Not to mention all the people that replay the series. I guess Bloodborne really did pull in a bigger community.

And I totally agree, she's my favorite boss aswell. But I'm glad Dark Souls 3 has enough memorable bosses, I enjoy fighting most of them.

The only thing that ruined The Abyss Watchers for me was the constant stagger that you could easily pull off and on top of that you can parry AND backstab them. Can't say I enjoy so many vulnerabilities at once. I think they did much better with =Sulyvahn, he can be parried but that's it, he will immediately punish you for anything else.==

I've also noticed the recurring theme of second phases in this game, some people say they abused it too much but I thought it was kind of cool. It made me even more nervous the first time fighting a boss and then being like, ''oh shit it's not over''.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Just a few seconds of gameplay but it looks great...the name is still ridiculous btw.

Also: Injustice 2 HYPE!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Just a few seconds of gameplay but it looks great...the name is still ridiculous btw.

I'm afraid BBS 0.2 will end up being better than KH3, what little they showed was more impressive than anything we've seen of KH3 so far, plus Aqua keeps the Command Styles while Sora is stuck (for now) with the ammusement ride things which really didn't sell me

joined Jan 8, 2016
Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Yuri in KoFXIV!! (But most importantly, Iksan Station is back

I'm getting really excited for that game despite the fact that the game is missing some of my favorite characters

Being a KoF fan is nothing but suffering
Rest in peace Chris... B. Jenet... Hotaru Futaba... Kyo-2

And my dearest Vanessa

last edited at Jun 10, 2016 12:58AM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Honestly I have no idea but there are plenty new players. I started DkSIII only a couple of days ago and there so many newcomers that I was actually surprised. Not to mention all the people that replay the series. I guess Bloodborne really did pull in a bigger community.

And I totally agree, she's my favorite boss aswell. But I'm glad Dark Souls 3 has enough memorable bosses, I enjoy fighting most of them.

The only thing that ruined The Abyss Watchers for me was the constant stagger that you could easily pull off and on top of that you can parry AND backstab them. Can't say I enjoy so many vulnerabilities at once. I think they did much better with =Sulyvahn, he can be parried but that's it, he will immediately punish you for anything else.==

I've also noticed the recurring theme of second phases in this game, some people say they abused it too much but I thought it was kind of cool. It made me even more nervous the first time fighting a boss and then being like, ''oh shit it's not over"?

Actually, I believe Dark Souls 2 brought more attention to the series along with the whole "Dark Souls is soo hard and difficult" memes. Bloodborne didn't bring in much attention as it was only a PS4 exclusive.

I think in the next patch they "fixed" the DarkMoon Blade covenant.

Also, there are till tons of new players. I do a lot of PvP and I completely wreck people and it's very clear that the people I defeat daily are the players that whose first FromSoft game is Dark Souls 3. It's a bit sadistic of me to say, but I thoroughly enjoy popping their PvP cherry.

last edited at Jun 10, 2016 2:58AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Planet Robobot is fun!
FUN!!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

E3 is upon us! Bethesda just had their conference some hours ago, and it was absolutely Actually i completely missed it... Whatever it's just Bethesda, all i need anyway is a new trailer for Ace Combat 7 tomorrow

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 1:39AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

E3 is going well, now for Ubisoft to come and fck it all up.

Mass Effect Andromenda looks good.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hahahaha boy that FFXV demonstration was shit!
I'm still super excited about the game but i have no idea what they had in mind when they decided to showcase a phase of a boss that should end in like 30 seconds but have the guy stalling for 3 minutes doing nothing but getting hit, also the sound was really fucked up for some reason, they better do something good for the ATR later tonight

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

https://youtu.be/QKl44iumDqg?t=676

Why is Jim going "I called it" when Konami explicitly said they'd be doing this months ago?

Konami's going to make a freakin' mint off this stuff, though.

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 6:44PM

A85
joined Aug 22, 2014

Goddammit Bethesda. We don't need a fucking HD remake for Skyrim. The game is only five goddamn years old, at this point you should have started production on the next installment in the series. If you wanted to do an HD remake for one of the Elder Scrolls games, why couldn't you have done it for Morrowind? Now that's a game worth remastering. But noooooo, instead of going back to something that has been a classic for over ten years, you decide to remake something that hasn't even been out for half as long. Fuck you Bethesda.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I wonder what the FIFA 17 story mode will be like.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Goddammit Bethesda. We don't need a fucking HD remake for Skyrim. The game is only five goddamn years old, at this point you should have started production on the next installment in the series. If you wanted to do an HD remake for one of the Elder Scrolls games, why couldn't you have done it for Morrowind? Now that's a game worth remastering. But noooooo, instead of going back to something that has been a classic for over ten years, you decide to remake something that hasn't even been out for half as long. Fuck you Bethesda.

That's actually what I'm most excited about is the Skyrim remake. Can't wait!

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

You don't want them to do Morrowind. Look what they turned Fallout into. Just look at Fallout 4's new DLC they announced. They are all distractions because they don't know how to do RPGs anymore. If they do it 1:1, it would be a good idea. But would they? Would they not "overhaul" the whole system and add quest arrows and simplify dialog? I don't think Morrowind would be popular with the current Elder Scrolls crowd.

Also my understanding is that Skyrim remaster was a test they originally did while getting Fallout 4 running on the new consoles so it's probably low effort at this point on their part. At least it's free on PC if you own the base game and all DLC.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, when I heard about the Skyrim remake, my first thoughts went to Morrowind too. It's the first TES game I played and I still think it has the most intersting visuals out of the 3 games I played and seeing it in HD would be awesome.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Because the time to make an actual HD remake of Morrowind would probably be close enough to making TES VI while upgrading Skyrim would be much faster as the engine would be similar enough and it'd be mostly working on the graphic assets.

This topic has been locked.