Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Boy am i out of luck
So some time ago i got Demon Souls to see what the fuss is all about, i couldn't get into it but i admit it was 'cause i was expecting a completely different game, so i put it aside until i'm ready to accept it for what it is and try again, yesterday i finally started playing it with an open mind and everything was all fine and dandy, but then the server died today and this time it may be for real
I mean yeah i can play offline but... It was so fun watching all those ghosts falling from the stairs ;_;

Edit: Hah! I knew drama queen'ing up would just make me more relieved when it eventually turns out that it's just down for the moment

last edited at May 16, 2016 7:40PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Dark Souls is already infinitfly more awesome because it doesn't have fucking Phalanx gang raping you from every side.

Live. Die. Repeat.

It's a realy sexy game when you notice how easy it is.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

They have a LOT of fixing to do if they want me to get interested in it again Or just put Future Gohan in it, either works

Dark Souls is already infinitfly more awesome because it doesn't have fucking Phalanx gang raping you from every side.

You mean that one boss that dies really easily to firebombs?

last edited at May 17, 2016 11:31AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

I always drop the soap on those mini versions.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Pyro pvp can work... if you are like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvS96B2_xg

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

All except the Twins, gotta figure out some way to do it other than simply forcing it, cuz that would be like a 20-30 min video.

done, in NG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--QBbyrg88&index=19&list=PL8qZ7lr4Ua0FHALWa_xM5OBurYmLf8H6_

I can now say that I've done a full Greatbow only run. Very satisfied.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I played a couple of hours of SK: Estival versus and...well it's really gay heheh. No IkaYomi yet though...:/

Now to wait a couple of weeks to get Blanc +Nep vs zombies because I've bought 3 games in 2 weeks and rip wallet...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This theme... Hnnnng

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So i finally got the chance to play the multiplayer of Robot Alchemic Drive, my God it's so much fun! Hadn't had that much fun since we played KoF2k2 an hour before
Fuck even Zone of The Enders' multiplayer felt incredibly boring when we played right after it

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Literally did that like just now. Just beat the first boss that's actually intended to be beaten and it's pretty fun until now. Got a little tired of always having to fight against all the meta weapons and/or parry fishers in Dark Souls 3 PvP and Salt and Sanctuary was the perfect game to switch to.
And Metroidvanias are always welcome on my hard drive.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haven't played much further because I've been doing some Dark Souls PvP against a friend today, makes it like 3 times more fun. I'm at the second sanctuary right now, explored right and have to go through the village now I think. I may or may not have attacked an NPC in the entrance to the area, not sure yet. Maybe it was just an enemy with a lot, like A LOT, of HP.
Still have to get used to the controls a bit but I can definitely see myself playing Salt and Sanctuary for quite a few playthroughs.

last edited at May 23, 2016 8:19PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I'm an avid souls fan as well and I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Souls 3. I think FromSoft did an excellent job incorporating the best/fan favorite aspects from prior games. I was not disappointed with it as I was with Dark Souls 2. It's by far the most dynamic souls game! If I had to chose which FromSoft game was my favorite, I'd probably go with Bloodborne. I've been dying to play Salt and Sanctuary~

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

By the way, if there are any stellaris player around there... I made a race mod adjusting the human race so it'll only spawn females as both leaders and population. Well, technically, some are still "males", as I couldn't find yet how to adjust or bloc the gender roll, but aside from a few texts going gender specific, works fine. And should go even better with the upcoming 1.1 patch where you'll be able to manually define the leader's title.

So, if any are interested, can upload it around and link it there. Just a race, not an actual empire, so you'll have to make your own custom empire to use it. Still good to make your own yuri empire the way you want it. :p

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of Salt and Sanctuary, I have played a bit further up to the Hager's Cavern's boss but plan to make a new character and make a creed specific build. Still not sure which one though.
Hager's Cavern's kind of pissed me off because the boss and a few other enemies melt my health in one or two hits. That may just be me being 10 levels to low for the area (apparently) and still using non upgraded Rank 0 armor though.

Point is, I'm really enjoying the game. Lots of fun.

last edited at May 25, 2016 9:07AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

A map would be nice but I'm kinda fine without one too. It's the Dark Souls experience.

On a side note, I just transmuted my weapon into a weapon I can't use so I had to farm a little and found the best farming spot in literally any game ever. 1320 salt in like 3 seconds including resetting the enemies without even having to move. Sure makes my mistake less annoying.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wish Dark Soul's PVP wasn't peer-to-peer, I cannot play multiplayer games with erratic delay. Even victories fill me with frustration.

"This feels disgusting" is all I can think =/

last edited at May 25, 2016 9:02PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Wish Dark Soul's PVP wasn't peer-to-peer, I cannot play multiplayer games with erratic delay. Even victories fill me with frustration.

As much diatribe and criticism Dark Souls 2 earned, the PVP connection was drastically improved. I love Dark Souls 1, but the peer-to-peer connection really grated my gears 9 out of 10 times. The lagstabs were brutal >__> Thankfully, Dark Souls 3 has dedicated servers this time as well.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

As much diatribe and criticism Dark Souls 2 earned, the PVP connection was drastically improved. I love Dark Souls 1, but the peer-to-peer connection really grated my gears 9 out of 10 times. The lagstabs were brutal >__> Thankfully, Dark Souls 3 has dedicated servers this time as well.

Was talking about ds3, Servers only do the matchmaking, hosting is by the player who's world we get into. Peer-to-peer. Netcode may be better, but nothing I'd consider good, kinda mediocre.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Was talking about ds3, Servers only do the matchmaking, hosting is by the player who's world we get into.
Peer-to-peer. Netcode may be better, but nothing I'd consider good, kinda mediocre.

Oh really? I had no idea. That does put a damper on things...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, phantom range is sometimes ridiculous.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

No Man's Sky delayed.... sigh....

Picked up Overwatch. Only other new game I've bought this year was MLB The Show so I was overdue. It's a lot of fun, and I appreciate having the option to face AI teams when I'm getting irritated with PvP matchups. Might stick with this one for awhile.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yeah, phantom range is sometimes ridiculous.

in their screen they are hitting you, takes a moment to register and you take the dmg when far away. consider it's netcode bad because it is usually 1 second of delay at best, usually 2-3... it's a lot in a game like this.

It's noticeable when ppl are walking and suddenly their character snap into the animation of a running attack.

Also, the fact that every weapon's hitbox is nearly 1/3 longer than the actual model doesn't help in this case. Hitbox sizes are probably like that to compensate for the third person POV (that is also tilted downwards). Design choices kinda clash when pvp and pve in a game use the same elements.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Worst thing about the phantom range is that I usually do a lot of dodging with walking instead of rolling to get my attacks in faster afterwards but the lag makes you pretty much reliant on iframes for dodging.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

hey, nice trailer! -he lied that dislike bar...

Wow! Estival Versus is a really easy platinum...huh...n-not like I care! I don't care about trophies! s-shut up!

Series: Atelier Series Pairing: Totori x Mimi Link: pixiv1 pixiv2 pixiv3(NSFW) I definitely didn't feature 2 from the same artist because she drew MiraiRiko

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

hey, nice trailer! -he lied that dislike bar...

I don't have any dog in the Mighty No. 9 fight since I don't really play that kind of game, but what a terrible voiceover that trailer has. Even if there weren't a troubled development history, this wouldn't really convince many people to buy it.

This topic has been locked.